Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th August 2015, 23:24   #211
BHPian

re: Next-generation Mahindra Bolero? NAMED: Mahindra TUV300! EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 6.90 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevendraG View Post
Mahindra Technically said that the "T" in TUV 3 Double O stands for Tough. But yeah, for layman like us, we can call it a Tank (if not a T-Fort)
So much for the Double O, and they named the micro site 3 ZERO ZERO and not 3 O O.

Quote:
Originally Posted by damager21 View Post
Mahindra TUV300 microsite is now live
http://www.mahindratuv300.com/
mrbaddy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th August 2015, 07:34   #212
BANNED

re: Next-generation Mahindra Bolero? NAMED: Mahindra TUV300! EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 6.90 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMRT View Post
Is there a pun intended or someone with this title "yours truly" that you are referring to is in the queue for sure?
Pardon my understanding of your English! Not a native language of mine !
TMRT old chap, not your fault! - as alpha1 has kindly pointed out, it refers to oneself in the context that is being quoted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DicKy View Post
Well, its already common knowledge that the TUV300 is body on frame structure and based on a shortened chassis of the new Scorpio.
RWD for sure, with an option of 4WD or AWD in the future, but whether its a proper 4wd with low ratios or XUV like AWD system has to be seen and not confirmed yet.
Well Dicky you are certainly better informed than me - what I gathered was that it is a modified chassis of the Quanto. Tho' whether it is monocoque or body-on-frame was not clarified.
Like you, I too am optimistic about the drive-line and hopefully it should be RWD for the standard/basic set-up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha1 View Post
I believe the AWD/4WD is a more important thing to watch out for.
That will show the marketing intent of the manufacturer and thus the image of the vehicle on-road (or off-road).
He means that he will be in the long queue for booking if it comes with RWD
I agree - AWD/4WD is certainly the more important criteria to look out for. Tho' AWD drive will add substantially to the cost, with its requirement for a central differential/viscous coupling. And that would defeat the purpose of trying to keep within the competition price band.

And alpha1, thanks for clearing up the above confusion with the English language!
Old 8th August 2015, 10:11   #213
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyans View Post
It is a RWD. The differential in the rear can be seen in some of the pics posted in this thread. I have seen it on NH8 and have seen the rear diff so it definitely is a RWD.
Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
Can't be true. The images clearly shows it.
Photographs can't lie! Its clearly seen as RWD and body-on-frame - and this is certainly good news. I had missed out on these photos.
Thanks Shreyans, romeomidhun

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
Adequate Grunt?..For me, the engine stalled many times on steep climb especially when it is cold.
jp1, you might like to read the following post from swiftnfurious. Though your point about a cold engine is well-taken. My Scorpio has stalled on some of the steep inclines in Uttaranchal with cold engine in cold weather. That is in the nature of the beast! - be it a humble Scorpio or the mighty R-R.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
The 1.5L 3 pot used in Quanto had phenomenal low end driveability, but lacked the top end. If you want it for city usage, it may be great, but highway driving would be nothing great. Hope they have tweaked this engine properly & make it an all rounder.
The drivability of the Quanto is reiterated by several people I know. As for the top-end performance, tweaking the engine will improve grunt & bhp. But a diesel engine's rpm red-line is limited by its inherent combustion characteristics and enhanced top-end performance will require reworking the transmission ratios. Hopefully, for the TUV300, this aspect too has been factored in by the boffins at M & M.
shashanka is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2015, 17:16   #214
Senior - BHPian

Clearer spy shots of the TUV300 are out, courtesy Anything On Wheels. And this time, it is the AMT variant that's caught testing. It looks compact yet reasonably tough and boxy. In one of the pics, the center console is visible as well. The only downer for me is the resemblance to Quanto from certain angles. Otherwise, the TUV300 is pretty impressive.

Link - http://anything-on-wheels.blogspot.i...ndergoing.html

Next-generation Mahindra Bolero? NAMED: Mahindra TUV300!  EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 6.90 lakhs-20150807mahindra-tuv300-amt-1.jpg
Next-generation Mahindra Bolero? NAMED: Mahindra TUV300!  EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 6.90 lakhs-20150807mahindra-tuv300-amt-3.jpg
Next-generation Mahindra Bolero? NAMED: Mahindra TUV300!  EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 6.90 lakhs-20150807mahindra-tuv300-amt-6.jpg
arvi86 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 8th August 2015, 17:43   #215
BHPian

And now the pics without the camouflage has started emerging.

Excerpts:

The end result is more impressive than we had envisaged. Its high front nose, straight hood, flat roof and high ground clearance give the TUV300 the much-loved SUV stance. The headlights are fairly detailed and have distinct provisions for parking lights and turn indicators. The traditional seven-slat Mahindra grille adds muscle to the frontal design. The entire silhouette appear to have been designed with a ruler but gives the vehicle a rugged and boxy look. This is probably the base variant as evident from the black plastic bumpers, rear view mirrors, door handles and grille. The D-pillar is finished in a glossy black shade, giving an impression of a floating roof from the rear. The trapezoidal taillights are stacked vertically and are simple yet beautiful.

Link to the article on Anything On Wheels
Attached Thumbnails
Next-generation Mahindra Bolero? NAMED: Mahindra TUV300!  EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 6.90 lakhs-20150808mahindra-tuv300-1.jpg  

Next-generation Mahindra Bolero? NAMED: Mahindra TUV300!  EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 6.90 lakhs-20150808mahindra-tuv300-2.jpg  

sohu9 is offline   (21) Thanks
Old 8th August 2015, 17:45   #216
Senior - BHPian

For commercial and practical reasons, it makes perfect sense to discontinue the Quanto (Quantum of Solace) and bring in TUV 3 oh oh in its place.

The resemblance of TUV 3 oh oh to Bolero will help it achieve some sales and will be much more useful in the crowded city roads.

It will be the sub 4 meter compact suv to take on the likes of Duster/Ecosport etc.
Old 8th August 2015, 20:30   #217
Senior - BHPian

Is this the next-generation Mahindra Bolero (U301)? NAMED: Mahindra TUV300

Another Xlyo/Quonto in the making. Mahindra could have done better with the design. Taking on Ecosport? it can't even hold a candle to it. This is without even going down to the interiors, engines, driving dyanamics etc.

Last edited by Arjun Reddy : 8th August 2015 at 20:31.
Arjun Reddy is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 8th August 2015, 20:46   #218
BHPian

From a look perspective, yes it cannot hold a candle to the Ecosport or Creta, especially those wheel arches.

Well if it has a good engine, suspension setup, good interiors, decent mileage, AMT, no niggles and priced resonably folks will excuse the boxy look and lap it up. However I feel it may go the Zest way, wherein initial euphoria was good, product was decent but couldn't bring the required sales.

Last edited by Chillout : 8th August 2015 at 20:53.
Chillout is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2015, 20:54   #219
Distinguished - BHPian

Love the rear, especially the chunky lights make it look an old LR Disco.

I was like many one of the ones eagerly waited for the Quanto. Pray that the TUV300 isn't poor in the dynamics and engine department like the Quanto was.
DicKy is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th August 2015, 21:14   #220
Team-BHP Support

this looks neat to me , straight line , good side profile & great looking rear qtr glass .
Turbanator is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 8th August 2015, 21:19   #221
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjun Reddy View Post
Another Xlyo/Quonto in the making. Mahindra could have done better with the design. Taking on Ecosport? it can't even hold a candle to it. This is without even going down to the interiors, engines, driving dyanamics etc.
Agree with you. I find some part of the design little funny. Proportions gone wrong and rear bumper is almost non existent. Its not a bumper... its just a covering panel.
Old 8th August 2015, 22:23   #222
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sohu9 View Post
And now the pics without the camouflage has started emerging.
That rear-end is one of the best I've seen on any recent Indian car. Mahindra tend to go overboard on glitzing up the rear with extra-large reflectors, chrome and motifs. This clean and simple rear is just plain beautiful and elegant.

That said, the area between the A & B pillar looks horrendous! They took the straight lines theme too far and I can barely make out a curve to the windshield - it looks like a perfectly planar pane that can be installed in your windowframe at home without any modification!
vivtho is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th August 2015, 22:51   #223
BHPian

However looking at the proportions I feel this will offer more legroom and storage as compared to Ecosport. I wish it's as good as Creta.
Chillout is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th August 2015, 01:34   #224
BHPian

Ha, Revelation! The design, now that it's visible, is quite neat, without the overambitious curves and chrome, just cannot justify whatever hype was building up around this car. It's clean and square, but all that's square isn't a G-Wagen. While square is also okay, this one has an air of tameness to it, as opposed to the aggressive designs on the Scorpio and XUV.
Anyway, it still feels as if it was created as a killer modern gen replacement for the bolero, but the actual product exceeded the expectations of the Mahindra people, and they simply decided to add more kit and better quality insides and position it a segment higher. But yes, the name says 300, so it's positioned TWO notches down on the XUV, so should be proportionately down on price as well.
While the ideal price for this should be right in the Quanto ballpark, even a top end around 9L bucks, and a top spec 4WD model not too much over the 10L mark (both ex-showroom) would still make it a great deal according to me. Anything above that, and the Creta is sitting to gobble up sales. The TUV looks big from outside, so should have interior space well covered too.
Only, a better name...... Maruti is bringing back the Baleno with the YRA, Mahindra could have very well brought back the Armada.
mukul32 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th August 2015, 03:24   #225
BHPian

It has come out nicely. Rear looks nice ala YETI .. Hope they do away with the stepney on rear which kind of spoils the nice straight looks.
shashant is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks