Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 31st July 2015, 10:00   #151
Senior - BHPian

re: Next-generation Mahindra Bolero? NAMED: Mahindra TUV300! EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 6.90 lakhs

I think the lines where roof meets with glass, A pillar and the headlight side view seems to indicate its a little inspired by Evoque/Swift kind of stuff.

Ultimately the build quality and of course the price will tell us how it fares. They should offer AWD in the beginning itself to differentiate else it will be late to resurrect it if people dont find it anything good vs competition. Looks compact though.

Last edited by srishiva : 31st July 2015 at 10:03.
Old 31st July 2015, 10:44   #152
Senior - BHPian

re: Next-generation Mahindra Bolero? NAMED: Mahindra TUV300! EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 6.90 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1100D View Post
This is the vehicle they Should have equipped with a 4WD. It checks all the right boxes for it otherwise. Its compact, it has 4 doors and a lockable "hard" cabin, wheels set far back into the corners (with almost no overhang).

It will be a shame if this is given just an AWD system without the Low-range.
Yes, it would have negated all the negatives of the Thar. Proportions seems perfect based on the sketch (almost like a Jimny but styled like an Evoque) - but the test vehicle photos look too van like

Quote:
Originally Posted by amansanc View Post
It isn't getting the AWD system too sadly.

However, they did mention that the platform is compatible with the 4WD system and that future vehicle(s) on the same platform might come equipped with 4WD system.
The India Today link posted by sallubhai (below) says otherwise - it may get the AWD in future but not the 4WD. But even a AWD with lockable central differential similar to Duster would be good option for 95% of the 'beyond the road' requirements

Edit : I think you based your post on the Hindu article

http://www.thehindu.com/business/Ind...ign=Newsletter

Different newspapers reporting different things. Anything from the horse's mouth as yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sallubhai View Post

Last edited by mallumowgli : 31st July 2015 at 11:01.
Old 31st July 2015, 10:57   #153
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1100D View Post
No, Not the Thar. The Thar will still have its own fan following. Its the Scorpio 4x4 that will feel the heat. But given that a miniscule percentage of Scorpio sells as a 4WD, so they should actually not be bothered about it.
Exactly sir! Given the low volume Scorp 4wd does, I didn't mention it. 4wd is anyway a choice of someone who is pretty clear in his/her expectations.

As for Thar fans, well, if they launch it in 2wd avatar, I am sure it will outsell the 4wd version. I have friends who have actually asked this question many times. Why don't they lower the price and launch a 2wd?

EDIT: Maybe time to change the thread title, mods?

Last edited by Dry Ice : 31st July 2015 at 10:58.
Old 31st July 2015, 11:09   #154

In an era where most companies seem to be coming up with pseudo SUVs like Duster/Ecosport/Creta, the TUV 3oo seems to be a true SUV (It will be a rear wheel drive, along with an AWD option), which

I'm sure should undercut the prices of all existing options available, and be a credible option for SUV lovers. Mahindra has a winner here!
Pratik Chavan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2015, 11:34   #155
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mallumowgli View Post

The India Today link posted by sallubhai (below) says otherwise - it may get the AWD in future but not the 4WD. But even a AWD with lockable central differential similar to Duster would be good option for 95% of the 'beyond the road' requirements

Edit : I think you based your post on the Hindu article

Different newspapers reporting different things. Anything from the horse's mouth as yet?
I reported what I heard from the horse's mouth since I attended the press conference

The other publications are at best speculating about the AWD part and this does give them more views and shares!
amansanc is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st July 2015, 11:38   #156
BHPian

Here is the link to the launch videos.
https://www.google.com/search?q=mahi...Ch0UrwfH&dpr=1

For sure the interiors are great.
Old 31st July 2015, 14:34   #157
BHPian

Mahindra TUV300 microsite is now live

http://www.mahindratuv300.com/

Following is the logo and sketch reveal video

Following are the Sketches released:
Next-generation Mahindra Bolero? NAMED: Mahindra TUV300!  EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 6.90 lakhs-1.jpg
Next-generation Mahindra Bolero? NAMED: Mahindra TUV300!  EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 6.90 lakhs-2.jpg
Next-generation Mahindra Bolero? NAMED: Mahindra TUV300!  EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 6.90 lakhs-3.jpg
Next-generation Mahindra Bolero? NAMED: Mahindra TUV300!  EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 6.90 lakhs-4.jpg
Next-generation Mahindra Bolero? NAMED: Mahindra TUV300!  EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 6.90 lakhs-5.jpg

TUV300 Design Inspiration
  • Imagine a vehicle that is a rolling definition of strength and toughness.
  • The kind of vehicle that is impossible to bully or intimidate.
  • Imagine a vehicle that can plough through challenges like a battering ram.
  • If you imagined a battle tank, you're not too far off the mark.
  • Because the All New Mahindra TUV300 is by far, the toughest looking SUV in India.
  • And does borrow its design philosophy from a tank.
  • After all, both are designed to survive difficult situations, look as strong as they are, and give commanding visibility of the road.

Raised shoulders, high front nose, flat roof, high ground clearance, and straight bonnet give the Mahindra TUV300 an iconic true blue SUV silhouette. The tough & stylish Mahindra TUV300 will be powered by the advanced mHawK engine

Last edited by damager21 : 31st July 2015 at 14:39.
damager21 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 31st July 2015, 15:12   #158
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
Exactly sir! Given the low volume Scorp 4wd does, I didn't mention it. 4wd is anyway a choice of someone who is pretty clear in his/her expectations.

As for Thar fans, well, if they launch it in 2wd avatar, I am sure it will outsell the 4wd version. I have friends who have actually asked this question many times. Why don't they lower the price and launch a 2wd?

EDIT: Maybe time to change the thread title, mods?
Dear Dry Ice,

They already have a 2WD variant in DI, just not available in CRDe

Screenshot below from their price list:

Next-generation Mahindra Bolero? NAMED: Mahindra TUV300!  EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 6.90 lakhs-thar-2wd.png
Old 31st July 2015, 15:16   #159
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rk206 View Post
Dear Dry Ice,
They already have a 2WD variant in DI, just not available in CRDe
I am aware of that. But for people in the cities where BS IV is in effect, it's not even an option.

For us, Thar = CRDe.
Old 31st July 2015, 15:33   #160
BHPian

The TUV300 may just be a refreshed Quanto.
Old 31st July 2015, 15:58   #161
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by damager21 View Post

Attachment 1397566

Raised shoulders, high front nose, flat roof, high ground clearance, and straight bonnet give the Mahindra TUV300 an iconic true blue SUV silhouette. The tough & stylish Mahindra TUV300 will be powered by the advanced mHawK engine
The high front nose mentioned above is there in the sketch and gives the vehicle a compact look - but in reality it may not be that high (based on the scoop pics available in the net)

Next-generation Mahindra Bolero? NAMED: Mahindra TUV300!  EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 6.90 lakhs-sideviewmahindracompactsuvnew.jpg

Pic source : http://www.indiancarsbikes.in/cars/s...ct-suv-102307/

Quote:
Originally Posted by princey View Post
The TUV300 may just be a refreshed Quanto.
Why? All the indications are that it is not
mallumowgli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2015, 18:05   #162
BHPian

Btw when is it going to launch ? Is this the new mini suv or the new bolero ?
Old 31st July 2015, 18:08   #163
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by al pacino View Post
Btw when is it going to launch ? Is this the new mini suv or the new bolero ?
Mid September launch as per press comments from the company. This is one of the new mini SUVs (another one expected in a few months). Not a direct replacement for the Bolero though, which will continue

Last edited by jaibir : 31st July 2015 at 18:10.
jaibir is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2015, 18:45   #164
Senior - BHPian

Won't the U301 eat into the Quanto ( or Canto ) sales ? The styling looks better than the Quanto. Any USP ( like space , pricing ) as to why someone would choose the Quanto over this ?

I understand that in yesterdays event , Dr Goenka was asked as to whether the Quanto would continue - he did not comment on that.
sdp1975 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2015, 19:45   #165
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp1975 View Post
Won't the U301 eat into the Quanto ( or Canto ) sales ? The styling looks better than the Quanto. Any USP ( like space , pricing ) as to why someone would choose the Quanto over this ?

I understand that in yesterdays event , Dr Goenka was asked as to whether the Quanto would continue - he did not comment on that.
Well, as the new facelift launch is round the corner, the Quanto should soldier on, logically. And it's unlikely to affect the U301 sales at all. And plus it shouldn't cost all that much to make either, given the huge parts sharing. I guess it'll be dropped down the price rung, even closer to B-Segment hatches and the Bolero, which might create some kind of small market for it. Mahindra might even be tempted to price this "TUV" at a slight premium over the expected price, if it is well received.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks