Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 16th August 2015, 06:35   #301
Senior - BHPian

re: Next-generation Mahindra Bolero? NAMED: Mahindra TUV300! EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 6.90 lakhs

As per Drivespark Mahindra TUV300 Launching On 10th September, front picture revealed,

http://www.drivespark.com/four-wheel...ivespark-hindi
Attached Thumbnails
Next-generation Mahindra Bolero? NAMED: Mahindra TUV300!  EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 6.90 lakhs-141439550406mahindratuv300launch01.jpg  

m_upreti is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2015, 12:27   #302
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Next-generation Mahindra Bolero? NAMED: Mahindra TUV300! EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 6.90 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMRT View Post
Anyone can shed some light on the drawbacks and pros of this being a 3 pot engine?

Better mileage,
less power as compared to Scorpion,
?
?
Or am I off on a tangent in these two assumptions?

Thanks in advance!
As I see it, 2 most obvious advantage of 3-pot motors over 4-pot ones are lower weight, smaller dimension (compact).

Rightly said, they also tend to be more fuel efficient but at the same time, a little 'unrefined'. Lesser power compared to a Scorpio shouldn't be that bad as it must be lighter than a Scorpio too. BHP/ton would be a good metric to compare the two, in terms of power.
Dry Ice is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2015, 15:26   #303
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigkey View Post
I don't really understand why many of us are comparing the TUV300 to Ecosport, Duster and S-Cross. TUV300 is not a crossover or wannabe SUV. It is a true blue..........SUV between the Thar and Scorpio. For the urban market, this will be a new segment altogether IMO.
These words are music to the ears! - the comparisons are meaningless since most of the soft-roaders in the comparison (Duster, Ecosport, S-Cross etc) are more or less hatch-backs on steroids (as coined else-where). Calling them SUVs would be a misnomer since they are unlikely to venture off the highway or the boulevard.
My one hope is that M&M should build not up the hype to this level and then release a damp squib on the public.
Old 16th August 2015, 18:37   #304
BHPian

Well the sketches made us believe that this was some "tank" inspired vehicle fit for the zombie apocalypse.
The leaked pics make it seem like err ..a big box.I hope the final product does not disappoint.

As for the comparisons to the other soft roaders this does not even have an AWD.So it will fare worse than the Duster AWD and maybe similar to the Ecosport/Creta/other FWD crossovers offroad.
tomraven99 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2015, 00:04   #305
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Anyone can shed some light on the drawbacks and pros of this being a 3 pot engine?

Better mileage,
less power as compared to Scorpion,
?
?
Or am I off on a tangent in these two assumptions?

Thanks in advance!
Remember the Hyundai Accent CRDI?
Vibration central!
nitrous is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2015, 03:48   #306
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshugoswami View Post
seems there wont be any body cladding....so much for "tough tank" :P
Please remember that Sintex is also a tough tank.

Jokes apart, I doubt if styling and detailing will matter to the market that this vehicle seeks to address - i.e., the Bolero crowd. This looks better than the Bolero, though that shouldn't count as an achievement of any sort.
Steeroid is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th August 2015, 08:58   #307
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_upreti View Post
As per Drivespark Mahindra TUV300 Launching On 10th September, front picture revealed,

http://www.drivespark.com/four-wheel...ivespark-hindi
If I am correct, isn't this the same alloy wheel design as XUV 500 (W6) OEM? Which people have reported for bad quality and a few of them ended with broken wheels?
Old 18th August 2015, 09:06   #308
BHPian

It could be the same design, however its for sure not the same size, I also assume Mahindra would have taken care of Quality aspects this time after the earlier debacle with XUV alloys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diwa View Post
If I am correct, isn't this the same alloy wheel design as XUV 500 (W6) OEM? Which people have reported for bad quality and a few of them ended with broken wheels?
Old 18th August 2015, 11:30   #309
BHPian

The more I look at the TUV300 teaser picture, I think that the tank that they say inspired them was this:

Next-generation Mahindra Bolero? NAMED: Mahindra TUV300!  EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 6.90 lakhs-1439877644972.jpg
djpeesh is offline   (24) Thanks
Old 18th August 2015, 11:56   #310
BHPian

Another web flash revealing pricing and the detailed list of features. It only talks about diesel variant though

http://autos.maxabout.com/cars/mahindra/tuv300?
Attached Thumbnails
Next-generation Mahindra Bolero? NAMED: Mahindra TUV300!  EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 6.90 lakhs-tuv300.jpg  

Last edited by TMRT : 18th August 2015 at 12:00. Reason: pic attached
TMRT is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th August 2015, 12:14   #311
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by djpeesh View Post
The more I look at the TUV300 teaser picture, I think that the tank that they say inspired them was this:
You owe me one cup of coffee plus a new keyboard!

On a serious note, just hope M&M's hyperbole doesn't come back and bite them in the southern regions. IMO, this product should have been introduced using a "under promise, over deliver" philosophy.

Anyway, let's see how things pan out eventually.

Cheers,
Vikram
comfortablynumb is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th August 2015, 12:30   #312
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
That was very, very unkind

Quote:
Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post
On a serious note, just hope M&M's hyperbole doesn't come back and bite them in the southern regions.
It sure will be such. Just look at the coupe like glass area in the sketch to the huge van like ones in the scoop photos. Loses out on oomph by miles, but gains on practicality. They should have given a bit more thought to combine the two

I think Pininfarina was roped in only to restrain M&M guys from going overboard with their styling cues!!
mallumowgli is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th August 2015, 12:32   #313
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Attachment 1404934
You cracked me up. So much that, I am in the office and finding hard to control my laugh.

Quote:
Another web flash revealing pricing and the detailed list of features. It only talks about diesel variant though

http://autos.maxabout.com/cars/mahindra/tuv300?
This web flash drawing looks decent and futuristic. Wonder what ended up making this such plain and bland looking end product as seen from one of the undisguised pictures shared before. In that, the only tank it resembles is the one Djpeesh shared.
Old 18th August 2015, 12:53   #314
BHPian

Wonder how's M&M claiming this as true blue SUV without 4WD/AWD option. My past experience tells me that, whenever M&M creates too much hype around the product, it fails miserably. Remember the "Era of Sedans is Over" ?
Old 18th August 2015, 15:21   #315
Senior - BHPian

Designed to Survive difficult situations is one of the features of this 'Tank'. Flat roof, straight bonnet and High Front nose are too. Reminds me of the old days when passenger side rear view mirror used to be listed as a feature.
humyum is offline   (3) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed