Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th August 2015, 23:49   #241
BHPian

Am seriously considering this as an 'upgrade' from the Thar, but only if they come up with an AWD version. Am in a rural hilly area with snow, the Thar has held up solidly so far but has made me half a mechanic in the process.

I wouldn't mind some creature comforts in a supposedly rugged and refined package. The Duster AWD is too pricey and has a limited service network in my state, the Scorpio 4WD probably too big and expensive. When I am ready for a full fledged SUV will rather go for the Endeavour / Pajero.

If they price this around 10 for the AWD I would be game, and so would be many in the smaller cities, towns and interiors where vehicle choice is dictated by the service network.
HillyThar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th August 2015, 00:44   #242
BHPian

re: Next-generation Mahindra Bolero? NAMED: Mahindra TUV300! EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 6.90 lakhs

I've been keeping an eye on this thread ever since the pencil sketches of the TUV surfaced sometime ago. I personally feel like it looks a lot like a shrunk down Toyota FJ Cruiser.
Attached Thumbnails
Next-generation Mahindra Bolero? NAMED: Mahindra TUV300!  EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 6.90 lakhs-toyotafjcruiserfalkentirewildpeakatside.jpg  

Next-generation Mahindra Bolero? NAMED: Mahindra TUV300!  EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 6.90 lakhs-fj-cruiser.jpg  

Next-generation Mahindra Bolero? NAMED: Mahindra TUV300!  EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 6.90 lakhs-fj-333.jpg  

tjacob is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th August 2015, 07:20   #243
BHPian

re: Next-generation Mahindra Bolero? NAMED: Mahindra TUV300! EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 6.90 lakhs

My first reaction was Sumo Grande! From the front quarters the designs are too close! Even the A-pillar angle seems to mimic the Grande. As some one mentioned the rear end also looks like it is lifted from some other vehicle. Overall, I find it quite plain.
Trapezio is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th August 2015, 07:26   #244
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjacob View Post
I've been keeping an eye on this thread ever since the pencil sketches of the TUV surfaced sometime ago. I personally feel like it looks a lot like a shrunk down Toyota FJ Cruiser.
Yes, I'd agree with you - from the photos of sohu9 in this thread, the profile does remind one of the FJ. The FJ had the trade-mark high G.C. and truncated roof-line to give it that incredible appeal. Probably the TUV300 will not have these stand-out cues but the photos do seem to give it that mildly sloping roof-line.
Old 10th August 2015, 08:44   #245
Senior - BHPian

We have seen in the spy pics that the top end comes with nice looking alloys, roof rails, etc. Along with some body cladding, body coloured bumpers, fog lights, etc., this vehicle has the potential to look good.

Atleast it is far better than the fussy and curvy designs Mahindra is used to making.

A clean boxy look for a SUV is not necessarily a bad thing. I see Mahindra's designs going in the right direction, after the facelifted XUV, Scorpio and now this one. They have the potential to consider customer feedbacks.

What remains to see is how the interior fares. I do not expect much from this budget SUV but atleast it should not be as crude as the Bolero!
Old 10th August 2015, 10:35   #246
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sohu9 View Post
And now the pics without the camouflage has started emerging.
Looks very good. I like this kind of simple rugged looks. Better than XUV's overdone styling. This should be a lesson to all manufacturers: the width of the vehicle should be more than its height for better looks.

Now, Mahindra has to get rid of its awkward looking cars Xylo, Quanto and Bolero with 3 models of this new vehicle.

Quanto to be replaced with a sub-4m TUV100
Bolero to be replaced with a 4.3m TUV200
Xylo to be replaced with a 4.6m TUV300

Last edited by romeomidhun : 10th August 2015 at 10:36.
romeomidhun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th August 2015, 10:47   #247

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
Now, Mahindra has to get rid of its awkward looking cars Xylo, Quanto and Bolero with 3 models of this new vehicle.

Quanto to be replaced with a sub-4m TUV100
Bolero to be replaced with a 4.3m TUV200
Xylo to be replaced with a 4.6m TUV300
I like the looks as well but replacing Xylo and Bolero might be going too far. They have their own specific purposes. Quanto is a failure in design and this vehicle is most likely intended as its replacement.
Old 10th August 2015, 10:55   #248
BHPian

The rear reminds me of H3.
Attached Thumbnails
Next-generation Mahindra Bolero? NAMED: Mahindra TUV300!  EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 6.90 lakhs-hummerh3rear2.jpg  

Old 10th August 2015, 10:55   #249
BHPian

The side profile looks very old school to me. Just look how sharp are the door edges. Clearly designed for the rural areas.
Old 10th August 2015, 11:07   #250
BHPian

The more I look at it , i feel it resembles the Tata Sumo Grande . Except for the rear wheel mount and the tail lights , most of it just reminds me of the Sumo Grande .Ever the window line reminds me of the same .
Old 10th August 2015, 11:38   #251
BHPian

New spy pics on Motoroids. Link below,

http://www.motoroids.com/news/mahind...ost-uncovered/

Regards,
Vijay
Old 10th August 2015, 11:40   #252
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowspy View Post
Quanto is a failure in design and this vehicle is most likely intended as its replacement.
Well the Quanto is alive and kicking and is trying to make a comeback with an extensive facelift. Rumoured to be renamed as the "canto"

the TBHP thread can be found here;

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...led-canto.html
Old 10th August 2015, 12:07   #253

Don't know about it being kicking, but I honestly feel that even a facelift won't be able to save this poor car. In my opinion, it is just pouring good money after bad.
Old 10th August 2015, 12:19   #254
Senior - BHPian

I like what I see - this have a bolero-esq quality and a bit of old school honesty in the design. The rear looks clean and well proportioned, and thankfully, Mahindra have employed some restraint while designing the rear. Also, I love the black accents, looks better than chrome accents any day, and gives the much needed macho \ rugged looks to this SUV.

--Anoop
Old 10th August 2015, 12:23   #255
BHPian

Comparing to a T FJ Cruiser and Hummer H3! Wow, guys you are crediting Mahindra way too much on this one. An old LADA may be, but definitely not the above ones.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks