Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 10th August 2015, 13:06   #256
Senior - BHPian

re: Next-generation Mahindra Bolero? NAMED: Mahindra TUV300! EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 6.90 lakhs

Looks like Mahindra is trying to keep the design simple yet elegant, just like Range Rover. Sincerely hope that they keep the interior quality at par with competition.

And if Mahindra says the design is inspired from Tanks, pray tell me where did you see tanks so tall ? Can't make out from the images, but I feel Mahindra has messed up the proportions of width and height yet again.
Old 10th August 2015, 13:38   #257
BHPian

re: Next-generation Mahindra Bolero? NAMED: Mahindra TUV300! EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 6.90 lakhs

The looks don't seem appealing honestly - especially the front bumper integration, looks like an inflated Wagon R and yes the other car that comes to my mind is the Sumo.

That being said, looks is not everything (which is very subjective) and things may look much better on the vehicle when launched. Hope the drive and interiors are also good and contemporary with the many features that are in vogue today.
The Observer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th August 2015, 13:57   #258
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijay_k View Post
New spy pics on Motoroids. Link below,

http://www.motoroids.com/news/mahind...ost-uncovered/

Regards,
Vijay
Very Sumo Grande, without the over-curved edges of that vehicle.

In an earlier pic I thought the rear 3/4th looked very yeti-like, but now that the camouflage has come off it does look very much like a Sumo Grande.

The target market (Bolero crowd) will like it.

Last edited by Steeroid : 10th August 2015 at 14:01.
Old 11th August 2015, 01:29   #259
BHPian

Is this the next-generation Mahindra Bolero (U301)? NAMED: Mahindra TUV300

Why so much of an issue if it's a monocoque? Ain't XUV a monocoque too?

Last edited by TMRT : 11th August 2015 at 01:37.
Old 11th August 2015, 01:31   #260
BHPian

Looking at some early negative responses on it being a Monocoque I was bit skeptical too about the future of this vehicle. But after going through one of GTO's 2012 post on the pros and cons of Monocoque vs Body on frame and learning from there that fuel efficiency will be better, Mahindra will definitely be a happy camper for the urban drivers if they use monocoque! FE must have been a major point of consideration for this vehicle. This theory is bolstered by the fact that one of the pictures above is an AMT variant!

Last edited by TMRT : 11th August 2015 at 01:38.
Old 11th August 2015, 01:42   #261
BHPian

TUV 300 taking on the Duster/Ecosport. Please.

This looks like the Quanto in the rear and don't know what like in the front with a Corrugated Sheet box in the middle.

It will purely sell in the taxi segment. I feel the decade old Sumo looks much better.

Apart from the XUV, what has Mahindra made that looks good?
gauravdgr8 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th August 2015, 06:44   #262
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gauravdgr8 View Post

This looks like the Quanto in the rear and don't know what like in the front with a Corrugated Sheet box in the middle.

It will purely sell in the taxi segment. I feel the decade old Sumo looks much better.

Looks are again entirely subjective. Please name one vehicle which looks as distinct and masculine as the Thar. It looks good after a wash and looks great all muddied up!
sunsetorange is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th August 2015, 08:21   #263
BHPian

Quote:
TUV 300 taking on the Duster/Ecosport.

Some of their vehicles do looks far better than the rest; especially the Thar even the Vibe stands out. It is a subjective matter. Some people see a car feminine where as the same car is named masculine by others e.g look at the Creta Preview thread.

I guess not a good idea to try and find out sex of the baby before being released.

For my previous quote on the differences between monocoque and BoF here is the relevant post:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/showth...errerid=262501

From,
TMRT

Last edited by TMRT : 11th August 2015 at 08:26.
Old 11th August 2015, 09:16   #264
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The Bolero and the Thar is one of the best designs from the Mahindra stable.

As someone said, looks are subjective.

I like brawny designs with straight lines and rectangles instead of curves and ovals! Only based on looks, I will still pick a Bolero with nice tyres and good alloys over a XUV.

The THAR is in a different league altogether.

Finally, looks is just one aspect when you are out to buy a vehicle. If you are saying the Scorpio does not look good, how come it is selling so well even after 13 years of existence in our market? What about the Bolero?

Different people have different priorities! I still think that the top variant TUV300 will look decent, especially with nice alloys.
raj_5004 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th August 2015, 09:22   #265
BANNED

Quote:

Hello gauravdgr8,

Just curious - tell me, are you usually as vitriolic as this, or is the M&M brand like the proverbial red rag to you?
One might be tempted to conclude that you've had an unfortunate experience or two with a Mahindra product !
Old 11th August 2015, 09:42   #266
BHPian

The last few pages have been an interesting read. This is one model which has evoked a distinct "I Like it" or "Its bad" kind of response. Like a few members have mentioned earlier, "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder".

I am currently in the market for a car/suv/muv and I am unable to get what I want in a decent price range for a new vehicle. Better half is against a used vehicle but she is definitely clear that she wants a Storm.

I for one would love to buy the TUV provided the following are met:

1. Top end to feature all the creature comforts and safety features.
2. AWD / 4x4 in the offering.
3. Good handling.
4. Price below 11 L OTR Chennai which should not be difficult keeping in mind that this would have a lot of excise benefits.

Lets keep in mind that the Quanto which is a similar offering is around 9.5 L OTR.

The pricing for the Creta and the S-Cross have been disappointing. Lets wait and watch for the reviews and the pricing.
Old 11th August 2015, 10:29   #267
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksmrsm View Post
I for one would love to buy the TUV provided the following are met:

1. Top end to feature all the creature comforts and safety features.
2. AWD / 4x4 in the offering.
3. Good handling.
4. Price below 11 L OTR Chennai which should not be difficult keeping in mind that this would have a lot of excise benefits.

Lets keep in mind that the Quanto which is a similar offering is around 9.5 L OTR.

The pricing for the Creta and the S-Cross have been disappointing. Lets wait and watch for the reviews and the pricing.
1. At max, you can expect 2 Airbags and ABS for safety. It should have all the creature comforts which other UVs have in this segment since Mahindra has never skimped on creature comforts.
2. Very unlikely that this will be offered at the launch.
3. Again very unlikely, at best it would handle like the Scorpio/Bolero.
4. Price at 11 Lacs is very much possible.
raj_5004 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th August 2015, 11:40   #268
BHPian

Though boxy, it does look interesting to me. This one is like a younger sibling to the macho Bolero. Not sure how the urban customer will respond to it but I'd say that the semi-urban and rural audience will appreciate this vehicle. It has got the cost advantage (3OO badging suggests so), a robust built, GC to tackle their roads and not forget the Mahindra trust factor. May be this was the reason they redesigned (if they did) the Quanto on lines of the Bolero.

They are planning a pre-diwali Launch is what I heard from the paintshop people and are making 50-60 vehicles per day.
Old 11th August 2015, 13:45   #269
Senior - BHPian

Looks good and pretty much inspired by Jeep Rubicaon.

Holding on all the buying decisions till the launch.

http://www.zigwheels.com/news-featur...n-guise/22734/
Attached Thumbnails
Next-generation Mahindra Bolero? NAMED: Mahindra TUV300!  EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 6.90 lakhs-images.jpg  

Next-generation Mahindra Bolero? NAMED: Mahindra TUV300!  EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 6.90 lakhs-images1.jpg  

Old 11th August 2015, 13:46   #270
BHPian

Overall the SUV looks similar to the Tata Sumo Grande when viewed from front 3/4 angle.
Images will do rest of the talking
(ignore the wheel arches and the 3rd quarter glass )
Attached Thumbnails
Next-generation Mahindra Bolero? NAMED: Mahindra TUV300!  EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 6.90 lakhs-tatasumogrande.jpg  

Next-generation Mahindra Bolero? NAMED: Mahindra TUV300!  EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 6.90 lakhs-tuv-300.jpg  

FIAT3031 is offline   (4) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks