Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 19th August 2015, 20:46   #331
BHPian

re: Next-generation Mahindra Bolero? NAMED: Mahindra TUV300! EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 6.90 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselAddikt View Post
If they launch just a Front Wheel Drive version,
Based on the photos, it looks like a RWD vehicle. Not sure if there is also an axle with differential in the front. If yes then it definitely is a 4x4.
ksmrsm is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th August 2015, 21:22   #332
BHPian

re: Next-generation Mahindra Bolero? NAMED: Mahindra TUV300! EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 6.90 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksmrsm View Post
Based on the photos, it looks like a RWD vehicle. Not sure if there is also an axle with differential in the front. If yes then it definitely is a 4x4.
Sorry my bad. I was referring to 2WD. Since these small cars are usually FWD, I just happened to type it that way. SCross and Creta were in my mind when I was typing it. Cheers !
DieselAddikt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2015, 23:03   #333
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Here is the TUV3OO, seen before its launch. Shades of Quanto can't be missed in the side profile.

Mahindra believes,

Attachment 1405154
Attachment 1405155

http://fly-wheel.com/category/news/

Totally agree.Side profile mirrors the Quanto which is not what you want to see.To me,this looks quite stale from the pics.Hopefully,will look a bit better in flesh.
Old 20th August 2015, 09:09   #334
BHPian

Article in this mornings "The Hindu" - Gives some insight into the vehicle.
Attached Thumbnails
Next-generation Mahindra Bolero? NAMED: Mahindra TUV300!  EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 6.90 lakhs-p_20150820_090059_1_hdr_p.jpg  

ksmrsm is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th August 2015, 18:11   #335
BHPian

Does any one know of any birdies tweeting about the safety features of this 'tank' - apart from switching off the motor to avoid spillover when the water's full that is

Will it go a Figo-Aspire road to break new ground and offer 6 balloons + ABS (at least in the top end) or will it have the standard offering as part of this segment?
Old 20th August 2015, 18:37   #336
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_upreti View Post
As per Drivespark Mahindra TUV300 Launching On 10th September, front picture revealed,

http://www.drivespark.com/four-wheel...ivespark-hindi
A black cladding on the lower part of the car, running all the way through, is definitely required to break the bulk in the side profile, IMO.
Old 21st August 2015, 08:53   #337
BHPian

And this is what Mahindra calls a tank??

Next-generation Mahindra Bolero? NAMED: Mahindra TUV300!  EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 6.90 lakhs-20150808mahindra-tuv300-2.jpg
Next-generation Mahindra Bolero? NAMED: Mahindra TUV300!  EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 6.90 lakhs-20150808mahindra-tuv300-1.jpg

No copyright on the photos. They're from here
djpeesh is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2015, 07:40   #338

Mahindra put up a picture of the steering wheel on the official TUV3oo fb page- See here
Can't tell how well it's equipped from the instrument cluster because of the low resolution. Seeing the steering mounted controls, I'm guessing it at least has bluetooth connectivity.
The interiors here are beige and black- much like the updated XUV interior, but the spy shots showed an all-black theme which looked better in my opinion.
Attached Thumbnails
Next-generation Mahindra Bolero? NAMED: Mahindra TUV300!  EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 6.90 lakhs-11666286_692906994187671_3936419983482181309_n.jpg  

Ikart is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2015, 12:10   #339
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikart View Post
Mahindra put up a picture of the steering wheel on the official TUV3oo fb page- See here
Can't tell how well it's equipped from the instrument cluster because of the low resolution. Seeing the steering mounted controls, I'm guessing it at least has bluetooth connectivity.
The interiors here are beige and black- much like the updated XUV interior, but the spy shots showed an all-black theme which looked better in my opinion.
It does have electronically adjustable ORVMs but I dont like the positioning of the knob on the dashboard. It could have been on the driver's door.

Maybe the higher variants get the beige treatment and the silver/brushed aluminium finish on the AC vents.

And do I see "AIRBAGS" written on the steering? If yes, then good news!

Last edited by raj_5004 : 23rd August 2015 at 12:15.
Old 23rd August 2015, 16:32   #340
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksmrsm View Post
After all the bashing and negativeness that the TUV has received from our members, finally a few have mentioned their support for the TUV. I fail to realize .........Won't we be forced to eat our words if the product is good and manages to set the sales chart on fire? Food for thought!
Disclaimer: No, I don't work for M&M.
Well said ksmrsm,
Its a pity that aside from inheriting Parliamentary democracy, judiciary, legislature and the other institutional pillars from our erstwhile British masters, we have also inherited a grossly retarded version of their much-touted self-deprecation.

As you have pointed out, we revel in out-doing each other in deriding our own products even before they are launched. While looking dewey-eyed and fawning over the most candy-floss products that are launched on our unsuspecting and sublimely uncritical market by overseas mfrs, who, incidentally, are laughing all the way to the bank!
Having taken this blatantly patriotic stand, I sincerely hope M&M comes out with a winner.

Disclaimer: Likewise! - My one connection with M&M is that I live in a CHS which is built/developed by Manhindra Realty!

Last edited by benbsb29 : 23rd August 2015 at 17:43. Reason: Fixed broken quote tag.
shashanka is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2015, 16:43   #341
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashanka View Post
Well said ksmrsm,
Its a pity that aside from inheriting Parliamentary democracy, judiciary, legislature and the other institutional pillars from our erstwhile British masters, we have also inherited a grossly retarded version of their much-touted self-deprecation.

As you have pointed out, we revel in out-doing each other in deriding our own products even before they are launched. While looking dewey-eyed and fawning over the most candy-floss products that are launched on our unsuspecting and sublimely uncritical market by overseas mfrs, who, incidentally, are laughing all the way to the bank!
Having taken this blatantly patriotic stand, I sincerely hope M&M comes out with a winner.

Disclaimer: Likewise! - My one connection with M&M is that I live in a CHS which is built/developed by Manhindra Realty!
+1000.

I fail to understand why some demean Indian products so much. This is not just limited to cars. Perhaps, "phoren" products makes one feel superior.

Anyways, I do agree that our Indian cars are not the best in quality, design or reliability. But they are not as bad as projected either, especially when you consider the price vis-a-vis the performance, features, comfort, etc.

Either you pay the same money to TATA/Mahindra that you would pay to Toyota and VW for the same type of vehicle and then compare. If you are paying less, you should of course expect less in terms of plastic quality, fit & finish, etc.

I want our Indian counterparts to surpass the phoren products, atleast on Indian soil. And hence, I truly admire the way the TUV300 is shaping up, considering the fact that it should be a really cheap & rugged 7 seater SUV. I feel the design is not that bad. I just wish that this car should have been rumored to be manufactured by a Toyota or a Maruti, would have been interesting to note the comments then!

Last edited by raj_5004 : 23rd August 2015 at 16:45.
raj_5004 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2015, 17:12   #342
Senior - BHPian

Mahindra looks to have kept cost under control while designing this vehicle. It has all the markings of a mass seller that should be cheap to own and run. Now its all down to the pricing, if Mahindra can price this below the Bolero, then they would be laughing all the way to the bank.

The things I like, nice big single piece ABS bumpers, should be easy to maintain and also good that they are not body coloured, that means scratches won't show up so easily. Easy to repair flat body panels with minimalist contours, the height also looks ladies and elderly friendly.
Old 23rd August 2015, 18:30   #343
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheARUN View Post
The things I like, nice big single piece ABS bumpers, should be easy to maintain and also good that they are not body coloured, that means scratches won't show up so easily. Easy to repair flat body panels with minimalist contours, the height also looks ladies and elderly friendly.
The car spotted above may be lower variant. The official teaser picture sports body coloured bumper.
Old 25th August 2015, 15:09   #344
BHPian

Some how, I like the design. It is like a toned down Bolero and looks true to its character - Jeepish (if I may say so). May be an attempt on Mahindra's part to introduce Bolero breed of vehicles to urban populace. Overall a good attempt.
jeepster_chd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2015, 16:01   #345
BHPian

According to this Indian Express article, the TUV 300 is expected to get the 4WD option.
Link : http://www.newindianexpress.com/auto...cle2994523.ece

Under the hood, the TUV300 is said to be powered by the new 1.5 litres mHawk80 engine with improved NVH levels. The company has not revealed any information about the engine but the number 80 denotes the power produced by the motor. The car is expected to get the 4WD option, the mill will come mated to 5-speed manual transmission gearbox and is spied with the AMT gearbox as well.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks