Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 2nd September 2015, 20:28   #541
BHPian

re: Next-generation Mahindra Bolero? NAMED: Mahindra TUV300! EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 6.90 lakhs

Love this simple and tough-ish kinda design. Won't be surprised if they have a similar interior setup as the new Bolero, with digital speedo & likes. Over-all a much better design than the Quanto.

Going by their line-up, this will get a lot of attention from potential buyers who are looking at cars like Mobilio/Enjoy/Evalia/Go+

Last edited by aviorp : 2nd September 2015 at 20:35.
aviorp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2015, 10:55   #542
Senior - BHPian

re: Next-generation Mahindra Bolero? NAMED: Mahindra TUV300! EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 6.90 lakhs

Sorry for my extremely amateurish attempt, but doesnt this look a little better -
Attached Thumbnails
Next-generation Mahindra Bolero? NAMED: Mahindra TUV300!  EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 6.90 lakhs-123.jpg  

raj_5004 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2015, 15:19   #543
BANNED

Put WagonR, Bolero, Jeep, Quanto in a jar blend it TADA - you get TUV300. Still there will be takers. Both Mahindra and TATA play only on costs.
Old 3rd September 2015, 19:43   #544
Distinguished - BHPian

Literally "smashing" teaser out.

RavenAvi is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2015, 20:03   #545
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
[/center]
You are right Avinash literally smashing teaser. Now I am more eager towards the launch of this TANK and see how it smashes the Indian roads
Old 3rd September 2015, 20:19   #546
BHPian

Quote:

Just like "Dont Try this at home...Don't try this with your own ride"��

Last edited by Technocrat : 4th September 2015 at 01:05. Reason: Please avoid quoting posts with video links as a large quote post causes inconvenience to our readers, thanks
Old 3rd September 2015, 23:30   #547
BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further. We request you to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by GTO : 11th September 2015 at 12:36.
Dhruv Shetty is offline   Received Infraction
Old 4th September 2015, 00:48   #548
srh
BHPian

Quote:
This is as amateurish as 'the era of sedans is over'. Wonder who gives the ad agencies the mandate and what mandate is given.

Last edited by Technocrat : 4th September 2015 at 01:05. Reason: Please avoid quoting posts with video links as a large quote post causes inconvenience to our readers, thanks
Old 4th September 2015, 01:32   #549
Senior - BHPian

hmm so they are back to copying (Chrysler) Jeep's grille
Old 4th September 2015, 02:19   #550
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
I feel the headlights should have been squarer given the overall boxyness of the design. Something like this (sorry that's the best I could cook up in paint).

Attachment 1409810

Would have also somewhat revived the look of the best looking Bolero till date.
Now THAT is a tank. Beautifully plain and SUV'ish. Reminds me of the original Bolero that was unapologetically utilitarian and had a sweet charm in that way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
hmm so they are back to copying (Chrysler) Jeep's grille
+1.

They probably used a 5 slat grill as against the traditional jeep 7 slat one to avoid a legal battle! However, this copying doesn't leave a good taste in mind about Mahindra design.
Old 4th September 2015, 02:38   #551
Senior - BHPian

What a teaser! your tank like vehicle hit a card board fort door and vehicle components start flying!!
Attached Thumbnails
Next-generation Mahindra Bolero? NAMED: Mahindra TUV300!  EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 6.90 lakhs-tuv.jpg  

Latheesh is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 4th September 2015, 05:11   #552
BHPian

Quote:

Good job MM; this teaser so far sounds the only true attempt at resonating the name to a Tank in a potential buyer's mind!

Deep down while designing this vehicle they must have thought of Indian Roads as battlefield and mind blowing competition as the WAR to continue until like someone said on this thread 'every inch of our roads is occupied!'

Last edited by TMRT : 4th September 2015 at 05:38.
Old 4th September 2015, 08:06   #553
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMRT View Post
Deep down while designing this vehicle they must have thought of Indian Roads as battlefield and mind blowing competition as the WAR to continue until like someone said on this thread 'every inch of our roads is occupied!'
The Indian roads are a battlefield, the bigger vehicles crowding the smaller ones and the two wheeler's and the autos zipping in and out of the tiniest space available. I experience this every day and you have to be very defensive (or very offensive) in driving to be safe.

The one thing that I have noticed, is the amount of respect a bigger vehicle gets from the other vehicles especially if it was a Sumo, Bolero, Xylo etc or the LCV's like Magic or pick up. The same respect is not accorded to the other bigger international brand of vehicles like the Duster, Ecosport etc. Unfortunate but true.

So, the TUV could also gather this kind of respect in the future, basically because of its outlook and could be a reason for a lot of people buying it.

As one of my my drivers who was a farmer from the interiors of Tamil Nadu once explained:

"Saar, the school students driving bicycles in my village don't bother to give way to a bike, car or van but the moment they see a tractor, they immediately move to the side of the road.

Saar, I was wondering why this was happening and one day I asked the students the reason and their reply was:

The people who drive tractors are illiterate but the other's are educated and hence they would be more careful. What to do saar."
ksmrsm is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 4th September 2015, 08:40   #554
Senior - BHPian

Thank God Mahindra ditched the Walrus grille for a Jeep inspired one. A throw back to the handsome Bolero of the old. Much much better from the design team.

If they move the M&M logo to the top of the bonnet and keep the slit in the middle also of the same height as other ones, like in the old Bolero and the Jeep, it will look even better. Please excuse my amateur attempt in Paint. Also elongated the slits a bit at the top.

Next-generation Mahindra Bolero? NAMED: Mahindra TUV300!  EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 6.90 lakhs-mahindratuv300front.jpg

It looks proportionate if one is to add better wheels. Eager to see this in person.

Last edited by deetjohn : 4th September 2015 at 08:43. Reason: typo.
deetjohn is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th September 2015, 09:30   #555
BHPian

Has anyone actually booked the car? I understand that prebooking started on Sep 1st. I had registered on the TUV300 site for prebooking, but haven't had any calls or messages.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks