Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Which design of S-Cross do you like better?
Current design is better 150 23.44%
Facelifted look is much better 297 46.41%
It's a matter of personal taste but actually both look good 59 9.22%
Neither of the two look any good to me 134 20.94%
Voters: 640. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 25th July 2017, 07:39   #391
Distinguished - BHPian

re: 2016 Suzuki S-Cross facelift leaked. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 8.49 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCR View Post
If so, then why is it that there is no extensive field trials in India for the 1.5L Petrol motor? Another question would be why it was not plonked in the Ciaz which would have made it equal with Honda City in terms of engine size?
The reason is no test mules are seen since looks like Maruti Suzuki was testing the petrol variant in 2015 . This is a speculation based on the Pics seen then .

2016 Suzuki S-Cross facelift leaked. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 8.49 lakh-125374730.jpg

Pic source-Motortrend

Last edited by volkman10 : 25th July 2017 at 07:40.
volkman10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th July 2017, 08:23   #392
BHPian

Man, this is crazy! I'm an impatient person and all this speculation is driving me nuts. I should just stop coming to Team-BHP for a couple of months. There in the Nexon thread, they're talking about a winning offering from Tata (though I don't particularly like the exterior looks and the lack of leather upholstery) and my mind is swaying from the S-Cross. Why won't Maruti Suzuki just reveal it already and be done with?
Old 25th July 2017, 10:26   #393
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by aryayush View Post
Man, this is crazy! I'm an impatient person and all this speculation is driving me nuts. I should just stop coming to Team-BHP for a couple of months. There in the Nexon thread, they're talking about a winning offering from Tata (though I don't particularly like the exterior looks and the lack of leather upholstery) and my mind is swaying from the S-Cross. Why won't Maruti Suzuki just reveal it already and be done with?
If they could - they would have launched the SCross facelift, Ciaz 1.5 DDiS, facelift, New Swift, Vitara all at one go, now! Since that is not possible - it all has to happen in stages. They just completed the DZire launch last month, and the Baleno Alpha CVT variant last week. SCross is mostly scheduled for the festive season, and no company would reveal all the details prior to launch - only some teasers (if needed) to get some enthusiasm.

Even the Nexon speculations started way back in Nov 2015 and is maturing now. This S-Cross thread started in Feb 2016, and hence we are right on schedule for a festive season launch.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 25th July 2017 at 10:27.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th July 2017, 12:38   #394
Distinguished - BHPian

With the boosterjet (1.0l) engine as the base variant, Suzuki S Cross becomes more expensive in UK, than Vitara 1.6l (P)!

2016 Suzuki S-Cross facelift leaked. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 8.49 lakh-capture.jpg
Old 26th July 2017, 15:39   #395
BHPian

Dealers here in Nagpur have no idea about the timeline for the facelift launch. In fact one of the dealers out rightly rejected the idea of the facelift, when I told him about the launch speculated possibly around October, saying Maruti wouldn't launch a facelift so early in product life cycle. Surely there is no movement on the service training for dealerships front.
I wish sales people in the automotive sector were at least half as inquisitive and enthusiastic about the things they deal with as us at the forum.
Old 27th July 2017, 16:10   #396
BHPian

Baleno Alpha CVT has been released. Hope they follow the trend in S-Cross and release Top end automatic.
Old 29th July 2017, 23:59   #397
BHPian

Yes, Maruti is selling Multijet 1 engines in India which are being manufactured as DDiS engine by Maruti under license from Fiat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
Multijet 2 was introduced way back in 2009. The 3 extra injections were mainly related to DPF and emissions. Maruti Suzuki is selling Multijet 1 in India, I believe.
The 2L engines that are being produced at Ranjangaon facility by Fiat are all Multijet II engines. These Multijet 2 engines have made their way into the Jeep Compass. Given that Fiat is producing 2L engines and 1.3L engines for Tata and Maruti per their new contract, unlikely they will produce 2L Multijet 2 engines and 1.3 L Multijet 1 engines. The Multijet 2 should make its way once the contract for 1.3 L manufacturing with Fiat ends is my thought, as this is all speculation

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovetorque View Post
Thanks for the link. Any insider info on the release of multijet II in India?
My understanding is that the reason for more injections are primarily for emission control, and the reduction in NVH was came along as a bonus. Reduction in lag was unheard with this upgrade, given the internet research I too did!
bhpfaninblr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2017, 06:56   #398
BHPian

Quick aside: why don't you use the standard format of putting the quote first and then your response? That's how one reads naturally and it's inconvenient to adjust to your style on the fly.
aryayush is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th July 2017, 08:13   #399
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drnilswap View Post
Dealers here in Nagpur have no idea about the timeline for the facelift launch. In fact one of the dealers out rightly rejected the idea of the facelift, when I told him about the launch speculated possibly around October, saying Maruti wouldn't launch a facelift so early in product life cycle. Surely there is no movement on the service training for dealerships front.
I wish sales people in the automotive sector were at least half as inquisitive and enthusiastic about the things they deal with as us at the forum.
At the Viman Nagar, Pune Nexa showroom, they have a car in their new car display area under wraps. From the proportions, it seems like the S-Cross. Unless they just placed the old model under wraps and tricked us all, maybe the facelift launch is near? Will go check it out and see if i can get some pics.
Old 30th July 2017, 10:25   #400
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilesh5417 View Post
At the Viman Nagar, Pune Nexa showroom, they have a car in their new car display area under wraps. From the proportions, it seems like the S-Cross. Unless they just placed the old model under wraps and tricked us all, maybe the facelift launch is near? Will go check it out and see if i can get some pics.
You for certain will not see a face-lift S Cross on display at any Nexa showroom prior to its unveil ( maybe a couple of days prior in some cases)
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2017, 11:22   #401
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilesh5417 View Post
Some showrooms keep the delivery car under wraps. The customer will get a chance to remove the wrap, unveil his car and drive off. Probably its a car getting ready for delivery.

It's too early for the SCross facelift to hit dealers, that too inside a showroom.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2017, 14:15   #402
Distinguished - BHPian

Suzuki launches the face-lift S Cross in China. The Chinese market get a choice of 2 petrol engines - the 1.6l and the 1.4l boosterjet.

2016 Suzuki S-Cross facelift leaked. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 8.49 lakh-800x0_1_q87_autohomecar__wkgh3fl_sgiaa7kdaamw2wsmypw884.jpg
2016 Suzuki S-Cross facelift leaked. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 8.49 lakh-800x0_1_q87_autohomecar__wkgh3fl_sgaadsbdaalg0spobta069.jpg
2016 Suzuki S-Cross facelift leaked. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 8.49 lakh-800x0_1_q87_autohomecar__wkgh1ll_sgqargbhaaenssyrfu411.jpg
2016 Suzuki S-Cross facelift leaked. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 8.49 lakh-800x0_1_q87_autohomecar__wkjbwllxklqaqandaam7kfcpimm563.jpg
2016 Suzuki S-Cross facelift leaked. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 8.49 lakh-800x0_1_q87_autohomecar__wkjbwllxklyakvawaan8wsa3u8c782.jpg

Apart from the exterior styling, it gets some interior update too.

Quote:
The new 8-inch touch screen makes the car look more scientific and technological sense, while the car is also equipped with a leather steering wheel , car Bluetooth hands-free, mobile Internet system, automatic temperature air conditioning, rear central armrest (with cup holder), miscellaneous Box lighting, perforated leather seats and so on.
Source- Autohome

Last edited by volkman10 : 1st August 2017 at 14:23.
volkman10 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2017, 18:05   #403
Senior - BHPian

Don't you think the brown or maroon red interiors look out of the place? The Seats as well? Hopefully this version does not make it to Indian showrooms

The 8 inch touch screen does look interesting, hopefully they sync it up to show more information rather than only ICE Duty.
ku69rd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2017, 19:51   #404
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ku69rd View Post
Don't you think the brown or maroon red interiors look out of the place? The Seats as well? Hopefully this version does not make it to Indian showrooms
I felt exact opposite and hoped that they would bring it to India
Old 2nd August 2017, 20:18   #405
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ku69rd View Post

The 8 inch touch screen does look interesting, hopefully they sync it up to show more information rather than only ICE Duty.
The current black interior theme looks far richer, and I hope it is continued by Maruti Suzuki in the facelift. This brown one looks particularly ugly.
aryayush is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks