Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Which design of S-Cross do you like better?
Current design is better 150 23.44%
Facelifted look is much better 297 46.41%
It's a matter of personal taste but actually both look good 59 9.22%
Neither of the two look any good to me 134 20.94%
Voters: 640. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 1st September 2017, 13:31   #526
Senior - BHPian

re: 2016 Suzuki S-Cross facelift leaked. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 8.49 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keralite View Post
Just today, I saw Kizashi. Such a wonderfully designed car, they could have plonked this 1.6 Diesel engine to launch another car under Nexa brand keeping a price band of 16.0 to 20 lakhs.
Plonk in the 1.6 into the Kizashi and market it through Nexa, am pretty much sure there will be enough buyers. If Baleno (even though its a different platform) can make a comeback, why can't the Kizashi?
Unfortunately in India, the brand name plays spoil sport. People find it hard to digest as to how can one pay close to 15 large for a Maruti. The Scross simply isn't gonna be what it is without the 1.6 .
The only saving grace for us 1.6 owners is the sharing of the spares with the 1.3.
Old 1st September 2017, 14:26   #527
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_r View Post
Unfortunately in India, the brand name plays spoil sport. People find it hard to digest as to how can one pay close to 15 large for a Maruti. The Scross simply isn't gonna be what it is without the 1.6 .
The only saving grace for us 1.6 owners is the sharing of the spares with the 1.3.
Well, not necessarily.
The Old Baleno was discontinued due to low sales. But, the new one has set new standards for sales success.

Same with the old Vitara, which finally tasted success in shortened Brezza form.
Old 1st September 2017, 18:14   #528
BHPian

The one take away seems to be that Maruti don't appear to be planning a petrol version of the SCross. With that Maruti can consider me as off the list for an SCross. I love the car but do not want the 1.3 diesel at any cost. Buying a diesel, especially an old engine with BS6 emission norms just around the corner doesn't make sense.
And my running doesn't justify a diesel. But boy do I love the SCross as a whole.
Why can't Maruti just plonk in a petrol engine that it already produces.
The Ertiga manages with the 1.4, the SCross may be slower with that engine but I'm willing to bet there will be quite a few people ready to buy it as long it has a petrol engine.
C'mon Maruti plonk in a Petrol engine and I'll be outside your showroom immediately ready to book one.

Last edited by nmenon : 1st September 2017 at 18:15. Reason: Proofing
nmenon is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st September 2017, 19:29   #529
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmenon View Post
C'mon Maruti plonk in a Petrol engine and I'll be outside your showroom immediately ready to book one.
Internationally, the Suzuki SX4 S-Cross has a 1 litre BoosterJet engine - the same one in the Baleno RS - in a slightly different state of tune. Makes sense to put this engine into the S-Cross. The 1 litre BoosterJet S-Cross will go up against the Ford Ecosport Ecoboost.

If wishes were horses ... etc etc etc
KiloAlpha is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2017, 19:49   #530
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Big thanks to Vimal Nair for sharing this!

What's cooking?

Quote:
I was trying to figure out the insurance cost on policy bazaar for a new S-Cross and they seem to have the 1.5 SGX option on the site. Attaching the screenshot of the same.
2016 Suzuki S-Cross facelift leaked. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 8.49 lakh-screenshot_20170901172623534_com.android.chrome.png
GTO is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 1st September 2017, 19:56   #531
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post

What's cooking?
SGX is variant badging in few other Asian markets. I don't think Maruti would change the badging theme only for petrol engine.
Dr.Naren is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st September 2017, 19:57   #532
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

What's cooking?
Actually 1.5 NA petrol is highly anticipated. My sources tell me they are 90% sure about the trim being launched here. And it makes sense too as the same engine is also exported to Indonesia. However I didn't confirm it on forum as they aren't 100% sure.

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 1st September 2017, 20:19   #533
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

What's cooking?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
Actually 1.5 NA petrol is highly anticipated. ... as the same engine is also exported to Indonesia.
Attached is the screenshot from Indonesia S-Cross page.
Looks like the the engine is M15A with 78 mm bore and similar stroke. So K-series engine will not see another higher capacity motor, most probably, if petrol S-Cross comes with M15A.

SX4 came with M16A and with VVT was rated at 103 bhp.
Sincerely hope that Maruti doesn't detune the M15A for Indian market.

Is M15A exported to Indonesia from India ? Around an year ago there were news that Maruti has started production of new petrol engine. My guess at that time was that this was a new engine based on K-series. Currently Maruti is producing three petrol engine series for domestic market : G-Series (Gypsy, Eeco), K series and F-series for Alto.

S-cross will find newer homes with petrol motor IMO.
Attached Thumbnails
2016 Suzuki S-Cross facelift leaked. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 8.49 lakh-scross-ind-pet.png  

Last edited by aaggoswami : 1st September 2017 at 20:24.
aaggoswami is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st September 2017, 20:30   #534
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
Is M15A exported to Indonesia from India ? Around an year ago there were news that Maruti has started production of new petrol engine.
Kindly look at the video, it clearly shows JK tyres and the presenter talks about its Indian origin(heard the word India a couple of times, rest couldn't understand a thing )

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2017, 09:20   #535
BHPian

I would be surprised if Maruti was to launch S-Cross without petrol engine and automatic transmission this time around.

Hopefully we will get to know more on this in a few weeks from now through unofficial sources. To me it looks certain that Maruti will continue with the existing 1.3l diesel engine and launch a petrol variant.

1.3l diesel engine for now seems logical as Maruti is focused on volumes. For most auto buyers, pricing will matter more than a more powerful engine. The only reason Ciaz sells more than City is because it is offered at a much lower price thanks to its 1.3l diesel engine.

Though the strategy will be to have 2 engines to cater to both value seekers as well as auto enthusiasts. It's quite possible that next year Maruti will launch S-Cross with 1.5l diesel engine.

Given that the launch will take place this month with deliveries from October, by now variants, features, engine and transmission would have got locked and production will be in full swing.

On the feature front I am hoping for following 3 features in the Alpha variant
1. Side and curtain airbags
2. Rear AC vents
3. Sunroof

Should be good enough to price a premium of about 75k over current model.
damager21 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2017, 11:06   #536
BHPian

Just had a conversation with my RM at Nexa Jayabheri, Hyderabad. Trainings are scheduled for next week. Will probably get more concrete information by then.
nagateja is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2017, 18:07   #537
Distinguished - BHPian

Just in: Training begins today. First batch of training is for showroom managers. Training for RMs and Senior RMs is scheduled to begin from Monday. Concrete information about variants and engine options should start pouring from Monday.

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2017, 21:01   #538
BHPian

Received a call from RM in the evening. Was enquiring if I am interested in buying the existing S-Cross as they are pushing to liquidate it. Told him that I am interested in the face-lift version.

According to him, face-lift S-Cross will come with Hybrid engine. This could be a smart move by Maruti to negate the impact of increase in Cess on large cars to 25% from 15%.

Current Cess for Hybrid vehicles is still capped at 15% so in-effect if new S-Cross gets launched in Hybrid version, it will still attract a GST of 43% instead of 53%

RM was not aware if petrol engine will make debut but confirmed that later this month they will start accepting bookings with deliveries from October.
Old 2nd September 2017, 21:03   #539
BHPian

will the hybrid version be SHVS or an enhanced SHVS version?

Looks like Maruti gets insider info from Government. That hybrid cars will get taxed less and the big engines taxed more!

Quote:
Originally Posted by damager21 View Post
Received a call from RM in the evening. Was enquiring if I am interested in buying the existing S-Cross as they are pushing to liquidate it. Told him that I am interested in the face-lift version.

According to him, face-lift S-Cross will come with Hybrid engine. This could be a smart move by Maruti to negate the impact of increase in Cess on large cars to 25% from 15%.

Current Cess for Hybrid vehicles is still capped at 15% so in-effect if new S-Cross gets launched in Hybrid version, it will still attract a GST of 43% instead of 53%

RM was not aware if petrol engine will make debut but confirmed that later this month they will start accepting bookings with deliveries from October.
bhpfaninblr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2017, 21:06   #540
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhpfaninblr View Post
will the hybrid version be SHVS or an enhanced SHVS version?

Looks like Maruti gets insider info from Government. That hybrid cars will get taxed less and the big engines taxed more!
What you mean is that there is no SHVS badge but some hybrid badge on them? Let's hope for it. My brother is looking for a petrol automatic and his favorite is the new S-Cross as of now, if it comes with petrol, nothing better than that.

Last edited by BoneCollector : 2nd September 2017 at 21:18.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks