Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th December 2009, 13:14   #991
BHPian

friends
2 days ago i installed Gareware coolvision on my fabia's windscreen. The installation was done at car shoppy pongumoodu, trivandrum. I am happy with the outcome. There is significant reduction in heat and headlight glare at night. The total cost including installation came to 2500. Just now saw a small bubble on passenger side, except for that its clear like water. Most importantly, it is almost fully transparent and you wont feel any difference at all.
Old 14th December 2009, 23:48   #992
BHPian

We had Garware coolvision on our Santro. It worked really well during the day time but on long drives during night with medium AC the windscreen used to fog up. I thought it was due to the AC settings and used to keep fiddling between warm and cold settings on long drives which was very uncomfortable.

I had to replace my windscreen sometime back (thanks to the construction works in my building) and thought will drive for sometime before installing sunfilm. I happened to go on longdrives in the night and voila!!! No fogging and I found the culprit . Now decided against sunfilm.

P.S.: This is just my Personal Experience.
Old 15th December 2009, 00:09   #993
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by anuj1237 View Post
relax vinaydas..everyone is just concerned... go for Lumar tints.. rating of '5' on the windows and rear..and i think '20' on the windshield should be good.. i personally have '5' on the windows and read and '35' on the windshield for my accent.

In order of darkness..'5'>'20'>'35'

It does get a bit difficult to drive at night..but you do get used to it eventually.. upgrading your headlights and fogs to HID's will help quite a bit..
thanks a lot man(including sniper ).
even my friend has the same tints (5') on his accent and i have driven it during the night and has comparatively much better visibility than garware.
will change em ASAP.

Last edited by vinaydas : 15th December 2009 at 00:13.
Old 15th December 2009, 00:40   #994
BHPian

no problem! but i think u should go for '5' on sides and for windshield put '35' man.. '20' is a little too dark and dont even THINK of putting '5' on the windshield! let us know where u get it done.. go to Car Shringar on Mission Road. Meet Akshay, tell him i referred you. He'll give you a good deal and excellent installation. I got my installation done at Motoware(opposite Nyks on residency road). Worst experience ever.

Keep us posted after the installation of your tints. Good luck!
Old 15th December 2009, 17:21   #995
BHPian

ok...looks like a lot of debate about the opacity of sunfilm. this is what i got from the sunfilm incharge of methods automotive. "As of now, there is no RTO law prescribing a certain opacity limit on passenger vehicles in karnataka. The law applies only to commercial vehicles."
dunno how far this is true.

btw, i have LLumar AIR 75 on the front windscreen of one of my cars and Huper Optik Klar 70 on the other.
AIR 75: Rs 6250/- An almost clear film that gives no indication that there is a sunfilm on the front windscreen. As for heat reduction, it is negligible and no amount of debate can change that.
HO Klar 70: Rs 9500/- A slightly tinted film that gives absolutely the best heat reduction of all the films i've tried. you can actually feel the difference and the cost is suitably high.
Old 22nd December 2009, 11:18   #996
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raftaar View Post
ok...looks like a lot of debate about the opacity of sunfilm. this is what i got from the sunfilm incharge of methods automotive. "As of now, there is no RTO law prescribing a certain opacity limit on passenger vehicles in karnataka. The law applies only to commercial vehicles."
dunno how far this is true.
absolutely untrue - check out rule 100 of central motor vehicles rules on Ministry of Road Transport and Higways. for your ease here is the link http://morth.nic.in/writereaddata/su...2608339380.pdf
Old 23rd December 2009, 13:18   #997
BHPian

@adzegeek, thank you for the link , its quite informative and gives a stands for what to look for when selecting the tints for the windows and windsreens.
Old 25th December 2009, 17:46   #998
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
I was selecting some basic accessories to be installed before taking delivery and I was surprised to find there was a sunfilm for the front windscreen.

The guy told me that the cooling affect is better than having a side/rear sunfilm. He said just put this on your front WS and you can forget the side/rear sunfilm, the car will be cooler. This was much more expensive than side/rear sunfilm.

At 5.5K it was not easy decision, so I didn't go for it. Does anybody think it is a good thing? Any experiences...
I believe it is not necessary, I am unable to see any difference. I fixed Garware Rs.3K.
Old 25th December 2009, 17:51   #999
BHPian

I have lumar 20% visibility on the windshield. Cooling improved a lot. Though its a bit problematic at nights on the highway, You can till manage with it. And in a way it pulls me back from over speeding at night
Got it done for 1300rs
Old 16th January 2010, 20:21   #1000
BHPian

I got a quote for 3M CS for 3400 for my vista, 3M SP for 2100 and Llumar for 1700. CS seems to be the best one in this lot, but i have heard Llumar also performs equally well. Anyone feedback on the Llumar and the pricing?
Also am planning on getting a 50 visibility, would this too transparent?
Old 16th January 2010, 20:31   #1001
BHPian

Please don't use any clothes to clean the front glass with film from inside .Cotton will be good. I have many big and small scratches on the film and is now bit difficult .This is gareware coolvision . where as the windows are llumar and i feel they are fine
Old 16th January 2010, 23:56   #1002

doesnt it affect the visibility during the night.
Old 17th January 2010, 19:41   #1003
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vista_qjd View Post
I got a quote for 3M CS for 3400 for my vista, 3M SP for 2100 and Llumar for 1700. CS seems to be the best one in this lot, but i have heard Llumar also performs equally well. Anyone feedback on the Llumar and the pricing?
Also am planning on getting a 50 visibility, would this too transparent?
I have Garware Classic "Dark Natural Ash" fixed on Our Vista QJD Yesterday(they came to house and fixed sunfilm -Rs1600).
he used a Hot air gun to fix(May be to bend the film as the rear glass is curvy) sunfilm in the rear glass.

Regarding front Windscreen ,The Guy who fixed claims during rains fog like thing forms between the film and windscreen which may make it difficult to drive.Also claimed sometimes they leave some area(Square/Roundish areas) without sunfilm in front Windscreen so as to help in rainy conditions.Is any truth in these claims?
Old 17th January 2010, 23:51   #1004
BHPian

As far as the fog like thing is concerned, Nothing as such happened to me ever in the last 2years. That is when i got my front windshield tinted. I have a 20%visibility lumar and I did face some problem in the night when it was raining heavily and I'm sure even people without tints on the front windshield faced problem at that point.
Old 18th January 2010, 13:28   #1005
Senior - BHPian

Hi guys,

Please note that as per RTO norms, sides are to have 50% visibility and front & rear are to have 70% visibility. Please avoid anything else as many of you have already complained about lack of visibility at night. I am personally using Llumar AIR 75 on the front & rear and Neutral 50 on the sides of my Swift. I am happy with it. I paid a total of 10k for the entire car.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks