Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st October 2010, 16:07   #481
BHPian

715km

Quote:
Originally Posted by EssYouWe View Post
Your false neutrals should have come down by ~40%, given that you are more accustomed to the Bull and have changed the oil once. Is it so?
Yes - false neutrals have come down - I would say by 60~70%. Not due to Oil change or 1st service - but as you said - I am now more accustomed to it. I know when and where to expect it and hence to avoid it.

So far the only thing I dont like in my Bullu is its Gear shift. Everything else is ok. Power and Pickup is ok, Build quality is ok, Speed is ok, Horn is ok, Seat and Ride quality is ok, Even the silencer sound is ok for me but not the gear shift. Everytime I shift a gear, I have to remember half dozen things to do it properly and this gets me nervous. One false move and it makes hell of a noise as though I have hit the gearbox with a sledge hammer !

An advice to all Classic owners - Please open and check the rear number plate once a while - especially in rainy season. Mine was full of sludge got through the hole in the rear mudguard where the indicator light cables enter it - Clean it or will get rusted easily.

regards
san

Last edited by stnair : 31st October 2010 at 16:08. Reason: 715km
Old 1st November 2010, 16:02   #482
BHPian

Looks like battery issues - Help Needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by stnair View Post
Achint,

Gaurav
What mileage are you getting after first service ? I am getting just about 40kmpl (39.444 to be exact) with my kind of riding and feeling happy about it.

regards
san
After 3200kms on the odo and 2nd service done, I am getting an average of appoximately 42kmpl (50% city traffic & 50% Highways). I also am pretty content with the average I'm getting right now and have no reason to complain.

Folks, I need help on this - Electric Start seems to fail miserably at times. No metal clanking and stuff but I feel the culprit is battery. I have been religiously following instructions by Sanjeet from time to time and have not messed around with any electricals on the bike. As when I try using the ES if the bike does not start in the first attempt I have to use the KS.

The nuetral light goes blank while using the ES. In the night, if riding out and I happen to start the headlight within a km of riding the engine just cuts off and battery seems to have gone blank. Also, if I start the parking lights within a minute of bike being on the engine cuts off.

Have checked the fluid level in the batttery and it seems fine. This issue never cropped up earlier, its started post my 2nd (3K) service. Seems like the battery has been swapped.

Any inputs on this?
Old 5th November 2010, 21:33   #483
BHPian

1000km

Completed 1000km today. My real first Highway ride on Bullu - 110km on NH 17. ( Dont laugh I know its puny, but its a big deal for me )

The ride was smooth, Now I know why people go crazy after Bullets - Its a real Highway vehicle. I have driven through this road several times in Maruti 800 & Alto, but the experience in Bull is completely different. 800/Alto goes out of breath and I have to shift down to 3rd or 2nd gear while climbing uphill, but the bull kept on unflinching in 5th gear 60kmph. Only time I had to shift down is when I get behind a slow moving truck or market junctions.

I am still keeping him slow - want to run in slow till 3k - max speed shown is 70.5kmph with GPS, but I could feel plenty of untapped power ready to be harnessed. No problem with gear shift also - quick shift to 5th and forget about it.

Legendary Butt pain of Classic - Yes its there. But its more of a numbness due to lack of blood circulation to one's butt - not a pain. Stop and stretch your legs for two minutes and its gone. And no tiredness at all after the ride.

So my ownership experience on reaching 1000km:
  • No problems at all - No fuel leak, No oil leak, No cables broken, No dead batteries - Nothing. I guess I am lucky so far
My only complaint so far is with the RE service station guy who fitted the rear axle cam improperly on 1st service - but thats a man made error.

regards
san
Attached Thumbnails
RE Classic 350 - Initial ownership-05112010.jpg  

RE Classic 350 - Initial ownership-05112010001.jpg  

RE Classic 350 - Initial ownership-05112010002.jpg  

Old 7th November 2010, 20:04   #484
BHPian

got my CL

finally got my CL350 and have covered 200+km in 2 days . Was raining the whole day today, so could not add km.

So far the experience has been awesome! The gear shift has improved over the km... or was it my learning curve?!! Yet to get the service/ owner's manual :( Anyone have a soft copy?

A few niggles:

1) Petrol was leaking from the joint between the petrol tank and the fuel tap. This was at the time of delivery. The 2 allen screws were tightened at the service centre and so far seems to have resolved the problem.

2) The allen screw on the heat shield on the silencer nearly came off after 180+ kms. (this was the one next to the brake pedal). Tightened it myself. Since i was at it, just checked the others too, and found them also to be loose.

But overall i'm happy with my steed. attaching a snap of the same.
Attached Thumbnails
RE Classic 350 - Initial ownership-cl350.jpg  

Old 7th November 2010, 23:24   #485
Senior - BHPian

@Vinjosep

Many congratulations! Wish you loads of happy miles with the Bull. Excellent color choice too! Did the delivery mech not tighten the bolts during PDI? Best take it in and get them to do it in case you missed one.

@ San
Great stuff! You guys are piling kms fast! I have to get going soon.

Don't under rev it too much either. It is about striking a balance. You don't want to baby the engine too much either.
Now that you are past 1000, you can gradually go upto 90-95... just don't push the machine to its limits.

@Gaurav
Those are sure shot signs of a battery swap bro. It would still be in warranty, get it replaced pronto.
Old 8th November 2010, 06:32   #486
BHPian

Quote:
@Vinjosep

Many congratulations! Wish you loads of happy miles with the Bull. Excellent color choice too! Did the delivery mech not tighten the bolts during PDI? Best take it in and get them to do it in case you missed one.
Thank you.

The PDI/ delivery was just a farce. details better left unsaid.

when i pointed out the fuel leak, the conversation went something like this

'sssirr, if there is a leak there would be stains on the engine and on the tap becoz of the dripping' ( )

'ok,silly me. can you please tighten the bolts? '

(after a few fumbling minutes) 'we dont have any required tools/kits. better go to the service centre'

I didnt want to spoil the day and hence took off after confirming that there was nothing major at fault. fortunately the guys at the service centre were kind enough to use only their hands do the talking.
Old 11th November 2010, 12:31   #487
BHPian

Going in for the 1st service tomorrow (500km). I havent got the service manual yet . Any inputs on whats to be expected/ done is appreciated.

Thank you in advance.
Old 11th November 2010, 13:14   #488
Senior - BHPian

Hi

You can look back at my post for the first service. Should be around page 6-7.

In any case, they'll do most of it themselves. Just insist on getting the oil and the oil filter changed. They will try to convince you otherwise, but insist on it.

I was wondering how do they plan to bill the service if you don't have your service coupons (in the manual)?
Old 11th November 2010, 22:43   #489
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinjosep View Post
Going in for the 1st service tomorrow (500km). I havent got the service manual yet . Any inputs on whats to be expected/ done is appreciated.

Thank you in advance.
Read this for periodical maintenance
Attached Files
File Type: pdf UCE_Mtce.pdf (26.8 KB, 3439 views)
Old 12th November 2010, 23:12   #490
BHPian

@EssYouWe & stnair: Thank you guys.

Got the service done today. Also, got the user's manual also today, so the service coupon part of the drama was taken care of.

I am not so happy with the quality of the service. The ride seems to be bit more stiiff/ rough than it was before the service.

Also got another addition to the sob story. Filled the tank nearly to the brim, and later had an occasion to use the side stand. After a few minutes, to my horror, saw petrol dripping down!!
Old 13th November 2010, 13:22   #491
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinjosep View Post
Also got another addition to the sob story. Filled the tank nearly to the brim, and later had an occasion to use the side stand. After a few minutes, to my horror, saw petrol dripping down!!
Vinjosep, welcome to the club!
How can it be a RE bike if it does not leak somewhere?

This problem is present on all RE's old and new. Make sure you don't use side stand when the tank is full. That's the only solution.
Old 13th November 2010, 13:33   #492
Senior - BHPian

Its these occasions that just sully the ownership experience.

Do contact the area sales manager and intimate him of the development if the workshop does not correct it.

For the bumpy ride, check the air pressure. You can change the rear suspension settings if you want a plusher ride. Refer to you service manual for the steps required.

Happy mile-munching!

Cheers
Old 13th November 2010, 16:02   #493
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KA18 View Post
Vinjosep, welcome to the club!
How can it be a RE bike if it does not leak somewhere?

This problem is present on all RE's old and new. Make sure you don't use side stand when the tank is full. That's the only solution.
This was not the club i had in mind when buying the bull

Leak from both ends of the tank is aweful.

Quote:
Its these occasions that just sully the ownership experience.

Do contact the area sales manager and intimate him of the development if the workshop does not correct it.

For the bumpy ride, check the air pressure. You can change the rear suspension settings if you want a plusher ride. Refer to you service manual for the steps required.

Happy mile-munching!

Cheers
Thank you. Mile crunching is earnestly in progress.

Maybe i didnt express it right. the ride is not bumpy, its the gearshift and the clank which seems to be for the worse.

I have been recommended another service centre by a well-wisher. i propose to get the oil changed around 1500km there. hopefully they would teach some "soft" skills to my steed
Old 15th November 2010, 15:24   #494
BHPian

Wow! got a new problem (err.. or shall i term it a "challenge").

I had gone for a new set of horns (Bosch) immediately after i got the 350. It was connected via a Hella cutoff/ relay to the default wiring. It was working fine. Since yesterday when the engine is running, the horn gives out a hoarse sound as if its caught cold. When i switch off the engine and try, it works fine. Checked the fuses. The ammeter shows healthy +ve moevement when the bike is in motion. All seem to be in shape.

Any tips?
Old 15th November 2010, 16:03   #495
Senior - BHPian

I know very little about horns but possible issues that come to mind are:
- The grounding is not proper
- The horn relay is malfunctioning

I presume that you are not facing any battery related issues with the other electricals.

Hope others can add their insight.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks