Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd February 2011, 00:41   #631
BHPian

Re: RE Classic 350 - Initial ownership

Well what happened in my case was that my insurance was done from the date I visited the office with the bike. The person took all the necessary pics of the bike and formalities and said that fine is payable by the owner if the date of expiry is over.The insurance was done for the requisite depreciated amount and a fine of about 150/- was thus charged which I was given a receipt thereof.
And I was only a day late.
Old 3rd February 2011, 11:32   #632
BHPian

In my case I was told that the amount of Rs. 150/- is the "inspection charge" for the bike and goes to the third party agency to which the inspection job is outsourced. In fact they even gave me a separate receipt for this amount.
Old 3rd February 2011, 12:33   #633
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EssYouWe View Post
Hey guys!

Sorry for being out of the loop for so long. I have been terribly busy lately and expect this to continue for another month or two. My Bull's insurance has lapsed. I need to get it renewed before I take it out. As soon as that is done, I should be back to the 100 km a day routine for 2 days every week.
Hope you guys are riding well and safe.

@Rust in Peace: Great stuff! Nice to see RE buttering up to customers. I just hope they don't sell it off to an unsuspecting fella.

Cheers!
Hey friend, Welcome back. Are you saying that RE would sell off their test ride machines to unsuspecting customers By the picture uploaded by rust in peace, I can see that the vehicle is registered and so is the test ride machines kept in Trivandrum showroom and that means that the chasis number and engine number are registered. Now going to alert mode : How to check if the bike delivered to you was not a test ride machine ?

Last edited by adrian : 3rd February 2011 at 12:43.
Old 3rd February 2011, 22:13   #634
BHPian

Quote:
.. Now going to alert mode : How to check if the bike delivered to you was not a test ride machine ?
Engine/ chassis sl nos can be decoded to know the month-year of manufacture so you know whether its a fresh piece or not, like in case of a vehicle held up at dealership for long times as with Avl LB's some time back. Decoding key is usually listed in workshop manual. Also you can figure out by looking at the mfg period of most sub-assemblies (electrical units/ harness, wheel rims etc) noted on them.
Old 4th February 2011, 12:44   #635
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rennjit View Post
Engine/ chassis sl nos can be decoded to know the month-year of manufacture so you know whether its a fresh piece or not, like in case of a vehicle held up at dealership for long times as with Avl LB's some time back. Decoding key is usually listed in workshop manual. Also you can figure out by looking at the mfg period of most sub-assemblies (electrical units/ harness, wheel rims etc) noted on them.
Thanks Rennjit.

Hey friends, Can anyone tell me where to look for engine number and chassis number in the new bulls. Information on how to decode them would be a bonus to me !
Regards Adrian
Old 5th February 2011, 02:23   #636
Senior - BHPian

Reading Chassis No
RE Classic 350 - Initial ownership-vin.jpg

Reading Engine No
RE Classic 350 - Initial ownership-vin2.jpg
Old 5th February 2011, 09:54   #637
BHPian

Hey Randhawa, thank you very much. Really appreciate it.
Regards Adrian
Old 5th February 2011, 10:20   #638
Senior - BHPian

There is a VEE Ruber tyre avaiable in 19 size for frond and rear in delhi any one interested can go to the TRAID international shop in Karol Bagh in delhi and get a pair for themselfs. the tyre is good.
Old 5th February 2011, 12:42   #639
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by desideep View Post
There is a VEE Ruber tyre avaiable in 19 size for frond and rear in delhi any one interested can go to the TRAID international shop in Karol Bagh in delhi and get a pair for themselfs. the tyre is good.
Hi friend, Could you please post pictures of the tyre if possible ?
Regards Adrian
Old 11th February 2011, 21:56   #640
BHPian

booked my classic 350 last week in blr - i have to wait 8 months for it now!!
anyone who can help me get it earlier?
Old 11th February 2011, 22:18   #641
Senior - BHPian

Get it from Chandigarh in a month or two.
Old 12th February 2011, 22:37   #642
BHPian

Hello thumpers!!

I have been a regular reader of this post since last 4 months and surely it has helped in what I have “with” me now. I have no intensions of hijacking this thread but just wanted to thank and dedicate it to Achint, Randhawa, San and Mantrig (for his coverage on the goa trip). The lust for an Enfield goes way back when I was a kid and just wanted to own more than one .. I came close in 2003 (I was 21 then) when I had just started working but as luck would have it RE had increased the rates since I had checked it last as there was a lot of planning going and I wanted to finance it myself but I wasn’t there yet. The biggest problem of being young that I have faced is lack of patience. Landed up with a Pulsar 150 DTsi and I know it has never let me down even till date. I was again very close to acquire a machismo from a college senior but that didn’t work either! Then I got stuck to this post and Randhawa’s post on his CL 500. Around November I spoke to my wife about the bullet idea and she was game for it. 50% job done so far. The very next weekend we were there for test rides. I was in “absolute” love with the CL 500 coz it just spoils you! I was like I want it right now sort of a look after a 10 km test ride. But it was Wife-in-control who said no .. no .. you are not getting that it’s too expensive! Well there you go again but then I thought it’s very important to take her opinion too... Finally we decided for the Electra because of the single seat concept and felt it was more comfy for both the riders plus everyone is at peace. Got my dreambull on Jan 8th and aint I enjoying!! Once again thanks guys.. You guys made it happen!

Will still be following you guys..
Happy thumping or rather trip-ing!!
SN
Old 13th February 2011, 22:01   #643
Senior - BHPian

Hey Sunil,

Congrats on your purchase! I demand to see some pics please!

It feels great to know that this thread helped you with your decision. Also, please feel free to post about your Bull as much as you want here. This is not my thread! In fact, you will find others posting here far more regularly than me. Feels great to share with such an awesome bunch of Bullet lovers.

Cheers mate!
Old 14th February 2011, 14:17   #644
BHPian

Hello friends,
Got an oppurtunity to ride my friend's STD 350 which is in the Ist phase of running in ie below 500. The manual says below 15kph in gear 1, below 25kph in 2, 30kph in 3, 45 in 4th and below 60 kph in 5th gear. Rode the bike as per the manual and the bike is not lugging in 5th gear at 45kph !! My friend says that he is getting ticking sounds when he starts up in the morning and the sound goes off when the engine warms up. Any idea ?

Regards Adrian

Last edited by adrian : 14th February 2011 at 14:18.
Old 14th February 2011, 15:03   #645
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrian View Post
Hello friends,
Got an oppurtunity to ride my friend's STD 350 which is in the Ist phase of running in ie below 500. The manual says below 15kph in gear 1, below 25kph in 2, 30kph in 3, 45 in 4th and below 60 kph in 5th gear. Rode the bike as per the manual and the bike is not lugging in 5th gear at 45kph !! My friend says that he is getting ticking sounds when he starts up in the morning and the sound goes off when the engine warms up. Any idea ?

Regards Adrian
Hey Adrian, Ask your friend not to worry because the UCE engines dont seem to like the idea of running on 5th gear at 45, it loves to operate anything above 60! Ask your friend to save the 5th for later , he wont regret. I had the same issue of the ticking sound also but after the first service the ticking sound has vanished, the bike seems to be more active and commanding. It just keeps getting better.

drive safe,
SN

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks