Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th March 2011, 11:20   #721
BHPian

Re: RE Classic 350 - Initial ownership

Hey friends, Posting the picture of the exhaust pipe with allen key provision. Seems like they were adhered to last generation CI bulls. I checked the pictures of EssYouWe's bike in the first part on this thread and they are similar to the new exhausts. So this is not a recent update.
Attached Thumbnails
RE Classic 350 - Initial ownership-bullet.jpg  

Old 5th March 2011, 22:16   #722
BHPian

Per Randhawa's thread for Classic 500, many users have reported many issues with 500 model. Do the 350 users have the same issue or are they less or none?
Old 6th March 2011, 00:04   #723
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abeer View Post
Per Randhawa's thread for Classic 500, many users have reported many issues with 500 model. Do the 350 users have the same issue or are they less or none?
C3 has far less issues. Almost none. UCE 350 engine was introduced in 2008 in TBTS and by the time Classic 350 was introduced, the engine is well settled.

It is my personal opinion that RE first designed the UCE 350 engine in collaboration with some Italian and English firms and also the Classic 350 chassis. Then they modified it themselves for foreign market - increasing the Cylinder capacity to 500cc, adding Fuel Injection, decreasing the front tyre size, etc but the modifications didnt go well ending in a problematic product.

regards
san
Old 7th March 2011, 10:33   #724
BHPian

@ Abeer : San is quite right. Seems like the 500 issue has to do something with the cold weather as well. I know couple of 500 owner in Trivandrum and they seems to have no issues with their machines. (May be it is the warm climate or may be the ignorance of the rider.....which is sometimes a bliss !). As far as Trivandrum is concerned, I think that the number of 500s rolled out has outnumbered the number of c350s and stds taken together !
Regards Adrian

Last edited by adrian : 7th March 2011 at 10:34.
Old 7th March 2011, 11:51   #725
Senior - BHPian

I have a feeling that the dying of the engine on my Bull is because of carb flooding. In any case, will need to get it rectified. Was thinking of doing it myself.

I am planning on taking the Bull for a spin to Ahmedabad and then perhaps Pune. Lets see if the program works out! But with the recent reliability issues, I am having second thoughts.
Old 7th March 2011, 15:45   #726
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EssYouWe View Post

I am planning on taking the Bull for a spin to Ahmedabad and then perhaps Pune. Lets see if the program works out! But with the recent reliability issues, I am having second thoughts.
Hello Achint,

Now that you are planning to come to Pune, adding a couple of more 100kms wont hurt. How about visiting Mumbai or we can also catch up at Lonavla while you plan on being around. I have been out of action for quite sometime now.

Update on the Bull: Have clocked 6500kms (Bought in Sept'10). No issues so far, even have completed a 1000 mile run when I did a Mumbai-Goa-Belgaum ride. Also, have booked the CBR 250R which is expected to be delivered by June'11.

While in the in the US, I was lucky enough to visit the Autorama 2011 - which was held in The Motor City, Detroit (Michigan).

Wanted to start a different thread on it but time constraints have been holding me back. I have clicked a lot of pictures which I can happily upload, however would not have time for a write up and so in two minds. The show was huge, with two floors full of the mean machines and the circumference of each floor being approximately 2 miles. The Mustangs stole the show.

Ground floor had all the classic bikes, cars and trucks restored to their pristine condition with some modifications chosen by few owners. Honestly speaking, quite a few machines had lost that vintage look which took out the flavor of the car/bike being a classic. But then everyone have their own preferences and tastes.

The first floor showcased a mix of new and old cars/bikes customized/modified/pimped up to something that had me forget everything else around me. I spent almost 6-7 hours at the show and was finally asked to leave as they were closing down.

Some pics from the show (Mods please delete the post if too long or inappropriate):-
Attached Thumbnails
RE Classic 350 - Initial ownership-autorama-bikes-1.jpg  

RE Classic 350 - Initial ownership-autorama-bikes-2.jpg  

RE Classic 350 - Initial ownership-autorama-bikes-3.jpg  

RE Classic 350 - Initial ownership-autorama-bikes-4.jpg  

RE Classic 350 - Initial ownership-autorama-bikes-5.jpg  

RE Classic 350 - Initial ownership-autorama-bikes-6.jpg  

RE Classic 350 - Initial ownership-autorama-bikes-7.jpg  

RE Classic 350 - Initial ownership-autorama-bikes-8.jpg  

RE Classic 350 - Initial ownership-autorama-bikes-9.jpg  

RE Classic 350 - Initial ownership-autorama-bikes-10.jpg  

RE Classic 350 - Initial ownership-autorama-bikes-11.jpg  

RE Classic 350 - Initial ownership-autorama-bikes-12.jpg  

RE Classic 350 - Initial ownership-autorama-bikes-13.jpg  

RE Classic 350 - Initial ownership-autorama-bikes-14.jpg  

RE Classic 350 - Initial ownership-autorama-bikes-15.jpg  

RE Classic 350 - Initial ownership-autorama-bikes-16.jpg  

RE Classic 350 - Initial ownership-autorama-bikes-17.jpg  

RE Classic 350 - Initial ownership-autorama-bikes-18.jpg  

RE Classic 350 - Initial ownership-autorama-bikes-19.jpg  

RE Classic 350 - Initial ownership-autorama-bikes-20.jpg  

RE Classic 350 - Initial ownership-autorama-bikes-21.jpg  

RE Classic 350 - Initial ownership-autorama-bikes-22.jpg  

RE Classic 350 - Initial ownership-autorama-bikes-23.jpg  

RE Classic 350 - Initial ownership-autorama-bikes-24.jpg  

RE Classic 350 - Initial ownership-autorama-bikes-25.jpg  

RE Classic 350 - Initial ownership-autorama-bikes-26.jpg  

RE Classic 350 - Initial ownership-autorama-bikes-27.jpg  

RE Classic 350 - Initial ownership-autorama-bikes-28.jpg  

RE Classic 350 - Initial ownership-autorama-bikes-29.jpg  

Last edited by mantrig : 7th March 2011 at 15:48. Reason: Minor Edits
Old 7th March 2011, 15:54   #727
Senior - BHPian

Beauty!

The Triumphs are the best. :P (bias speaking here)

I might hit Mumbai too. I am not very sure if I will be able to get the Bull to Pune and all. Heck, even Ahmedabad is doubtful. But lets see how things work out.

You have been away for ages now! The CBR move is interesting. I have been thinking on similar lines. Will you keep the Bull post CBR?

Ride safe.
Achint
Old 7th March 2011, 16:13   #728
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EssYouWe View Post
Beauty!

The Triumphs are the best. :P (bias speaking here)

I might hit Mumbai too. I am not very sure if I will be able to get the Bull to Pune and all. Heck, even Ahmedabad is doubtful. But lets see how things work out.

You have been away for ages now! The CBR move is interesting. I have been thinking on similar lines. Will you keep the Bull post CBR?

Ride safe.
Achint
Now that depends, honestly I am considering selling the Bull as there is already a 73'STD in the house which is rarely used. And I would prefer selling the CL 350 for the new office ride. Also, dad recently bought a Hero Honda - Achiever for himself which is not used much.

I feel cheated at times only due to the quality of the product we have been given by the RE folks and to make that worse lack of proper fully equipped service centers. Lets see how things come along, am still to make up my mind.

The bike is awesome and no two ways about it, however keeping so many bikes is not my cup of tea anymore especially with the time that is required to maintain them. Will keep you posted on any decision I take, which should be anytime soon.

With regards to your bull coming to Pune, don't worry much and call once around. We can always catch up over a meal & some beers.
Old 7th March 2011, 16:48   #729
BHPian

Guys i got a question! In the above pics most of the bikes have straight pipes as exhausts and if we try this on our bulls then people say the exhaust valves will get roasted. Doesn't this affect the exhaust valves of these bikes?
Old 21st March 2011, 10:34   #730
BHPian

Hey Friends and experts,
What do you use for polishing your Bulls ?. I use Dazzle wax polish on my car, which is semi solid. Should I use it on the Bull or should I go for the liquid type polish ? Is there any product available for polishing the chrome surfaces ?
Regards Adrian
Old 21st March 2011, 11:34   #731
Senior - BHPian

I think a chroming machine and a chroming compound can do wonders for a chrome surface. Get in touch with Navpreet to know the right brand and ask him for a few pics of his chromed up Bull. Looks awesome!

I use 3M liquid wax for paint surface polishing. Works out okay for me. Its a quick job, but does not stick for very long.
Old 21st March 2011, 13:46   #732
BHPian

Hi EssYouWe, thanks for the reply friend. I was wonder what happened to the C3 guys.. nobody is updating on their machines. Feeling lazy lately, aren't you guys
Regards Adrian

Last edited by adrian : 21st March 2011 at 13:49.
Old 21st March 2011, 16:53   #733
Senior - BHPian

Hehe! Unlike the C5 folks, our bulls give us little to talk about.
Old 21st March 2011, 20:26   #734
BHPian

I use Motomax wax polish manufactured by Pidilite (Fevicol makers). Cheap and gives good results on painted surface and also on chrome silencers. Engine covers I simply clean with cloth.

Achint is right. Less talk.. More ride... I feel C5 talk (Randhawa forum) has become highly technical these days. Cant understand much whats going on with those guys .

As for me, I ve booked 3rd service with the dealer - appointment on April 4th. I am yet to fix the minute oil leak. I fiddled with the Carburettor screws for improving mileage and dont know what happened - the performance is great now. The engine is very peppy and torquey - I really enjoy the ride. I feel RE riders should forget about Fuel efficiency - Tune the carburettor properly and reduce tyre pressure by about 2psi and you are in heaven

regards
san
Attached Thumbnails
RE Classic 350 - Initial ownership-motomax.jpg  

Last edited by stnair : 21st March 2011 at 20:27. Reason: spell mistake
Old 22nd March 2011, 10:09   #735
BHPian

@ EssYouWe : You are right to the point
@ San : Thanks friend. Are you doing the service on completion of tenure or KM ?. I think I am not going to do 6000 in the said period.
I took my bull for the service and had a chance to talk with a C3 owner. He was one of the first to take grab of the machine once RE launched them. He has all complaints about this thing lugging below 60 in 5th gear. I think RE has made some serious crank upgrades. Believe me or take a ride on the new Standard UCE, you can shift gears from 1 to 2 in 10KPH, 2 to 3 in 20, 3 to 4 in 30 and 4 to 5 in 40 without lugging and also decent power to take the vehicle from 40 and way up.

The rear mudguard in my Bull was corrected by bending the mudguard stays. In my case they did it by bending the saree guard a bit with positive results. Before that they checked the rear wheel alignment and brought the cam gears to 12-12 on both sides.

Now during the service, when I talked to the mechanic he said two things
1. The head light cannot be adjusted (beam height)
2. There is no tappet adjustment in UCE Bulls as they adjust automatically. Could anyone throw some light on these.

Regards Adrian

Last edited by adrian : 22nd March 2011 at 10:30.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks