Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th January 2011, 12:56   #616
BHPian

Re: RE Classic 350 - Initial ownership

Quote:
Originally Posted by rust_in_peace View Post
Was closely following this thread for a long time. It was hard for me to choose between STD UCE and Classic 350. If STD UCE had an option for self start i would have opted it. At last booked a maroon CL 350 on friday 21 jan, But the waiting period is 4 months. And the sweetest part is they offered me a "week end expirimental drive". They gave a black CL 350 on Saturday after noon and i have returned it today(monday) morning. A full day with the bull.
I enjoyed a lot. Had no previous experience with a bull. My previous bikes were Suzuki Shogun, Yamaha RX 135. It was totally a new experience.
When i went to return the bike, they offered CL 500 for coming weekend. I am very very excited to lay my hands on CL 500 also. Cant wait till next weekend.
Here is the bull. This one had 68K on odo.
Hello friend, from your name I presume you are a fan of Iron Maiden ! I had booked for STD UCE months back and they hadnot issued this offer and that makes you a lucky guy ! Did you hit the jack pot at Marikkar motors? Being a fellow biker from Trivandrum - How did the machine perform in Trivandrum traffic ?
@ Milestone
Hey friend, city riding means that you wont have time to take the foot off the brakes !
Off the topic : If waylon Jennings was a member of TBHP, he would have sung "I'm looking for ESSYOUWE.....Has anybody seen him!!!
Regards Adrian

Last edited by adrian : 24th January 2011 at 13:01.
Old 24th January 2011, 16:25   #617

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrian View Post
Hello friend, from your name I presume you are a fan of Iron Maiden ! I had booked for STD UCE months back and they hadnot issued this offer and that makes you a lucky guy ! Did you hit the jack pot at Marikkar motors? Being a fellow biker from Trivandrum - How did the machine perform in Trivandrum traffic ?
@ Milestone
Hey friend, city riding means that you wont have time to take the foot off the brakes !
Off the topic : If waylon Jennings was a member of TBHP, he would have sung "I'm looking for ESSYOUWE.....Has anybody seen him!!!
Regards Adrian
Hello Adrian. Happy to hear from a fellow biker of my home town. Even though my location says trivandrum, i work at cochin and i have booked CL 350 at cochin showroom. Regarding the performance, handling breaking and the riding postion were excellent. The only annoying thing was the sound from engine. May be because it is a test drive vehicle. As 26th January is a holiday for the dealer some times i will get CL 500 tomorrow(25th) and if so, have to return on 27th.
Can we change waylon Jennings lyrics to "Waiting for tomorrow eve"
Old 30th January 2011, 19:20   #618
BHPian

km 3406

Hi all

The Fuel Efficiency of my Bullu (RE Classic 350) has suddenly reduced from 39.5 to 31.17 kmpl. Any idea why and what I should check? This has happened after 3000km - I informed the service centre on 2nd service but no use.

There is no difference in performance and I am very happy with the ride quality. In fact the ride has become more comfortable after 3000km - perhaps the rear shocks has set in giving a "cushion" ride over potholes. No difference in speed or torque. So what could be the reason for drop in mileage?

regards
san
Old 30th January 2011, 20:14   #619
BHPian

nearing 5K --> a few bolts/ screws missing, some minor oil leakage, couple of falls. Rest going strong. Touchwood, the falls did not take any paint. yeah i was plain lucky both times. Indeed the first one was on the border of a drainage (> 3 mtr wide.. should call it a stream of filth), somehow i fell in the opposite direction.. pheeww!

@San: this might sound funny, but till a week back i was getting an avg fuel efficiency of 31-32kmpl (i measure reserve to reserve, pretty much accurate i guess). The latest figures, as on yesterday, is 37kmpl. What did i do new? checked the tyre pressures. the front tyre was fine. The rear one showed 21psi (!!!). Filled it up to 32psi and the resultant change in the fuel avg.

Looking back, i recall that the service guys never bothered to check the tyre pressures ( i was with the bike the entire time during both the services).

Possibly its the same case with you, might explain why you feel the ride is more comfy now . i might be wrong, but then why not get the tyre pressures checked?
Old 30th January 2011, 21:49   #620
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinjosep View Post
nearing 5K --> a few bolts/ screws missing, some minor oil leakage, couple of falls. Rest going strong. Touchwood, the falls did not take any paint. yeah i was plain lucky both times. Indeed the first one was on the border of a drainage (> 3 mtr wide.. should call it a stream of filth), somehow i fell in the opposite direction.. pheeww!

@San: this might sound funny, but till a week back i was getting an avg fuel efficiency of 31-32kmpl (i measure reserve to reserve, pretty much accurate i guess). The latest figures, as on yesterday, is 37kmpl. What did i do new? checked the tyre pressures. the front tyre was fine. The rear one showed 21psi (!!!). Filled it up to 32psi and the resultant change in the fuel avg.

Looking back, i recall that the service guys never bothered to check the tyre pressures ( i was with the bike the entire time during both the services).

Possibly its the same case with you, might explain why you feel the ride is more comfy now . i might be wrong, but then why not get the tyre pressures checked?
Voila Vinjo !

The rear tyre pressure is only 22psi. That could be the problem. Pumped upto 30psi with my foot pump. (Manual says 30psi for solo) Lets see if any difference happens.

Thanks and ride safe.

san
Old 30th January 2011, 23:06   #621
Senior - BHPian

Hey guys!

Sorry for being out of the loop for so long. I have been terribly busy lately and expect this to continue for another month or two. My Bull's insurance has lapsed. I need to get it renewed before I take it out. As soon as that is done, I should be back to the 100 km a day routine for 2 days every week.
Hope you guys are riding well and safe.
@San: 22psi is very low for the rear. If the roads aren't too bad, I find that 22psi (F) and 32 psi (R) is the best ratio. This leaves some room for leaks as well. I usually top up the air once a week. This can have a major impact on the efficiency. It is usually a trade off between uneven tire tread and efficiency.
Also no fiddling with the Carb, right?

Glad to see you guys enjoying your Bulls.

@Rust in Peace: Great stuff! Nice to see RE buttering up to customers. I just hope they don't sell it off to an unsuspecting fella.

Cheers!
Old 31st January 2011, 19:06   #622
BHPian

Odo now reads 5000.0km and the neutral indicator bulb seems to have conked off.

which means i need to plan a day off in the coming 2 weeks (thrid service). I just hope there are enough bolts/ screws left till then.

@San: Good to know that it helped. I hope you filled up when the tyres were cold.

@EssYouWe: how is your ride doing? you mentioned that you topup the tyres every week?!. Do you notice a drop in pressure or is it just a habit? (or the third possibility, which holds true down here in Blore, ---bad roads). Any tips for the third service?
Old 31st January 2011, 20:03   #623
Senior - BHPian

@rust in peace- If you have no intentions to spend on C5 then better don't try it out otherwise you wont like your decision of buying C3 later own The torque of c5 will spoil you.
Old 31st January 2011, 22:39   #624
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randhawa View Post
@rust in peace- If you have no intentions to spend on C5 then better don't try it out otherwise you wont like your decision of buying C3 later own The torque of c5 will spoil you.
Yeah ! Thats one reason I dont want to test ride C5 or the old CI. As far as I am concerned, my Bullu is the greatest

Achint, Nice to see u back. I ve topped up to 32 PSI rear and 22 front. Will know the result in a week. But 22 PSI rear was super comfortable - was literally gliding over potholes.

Apart from reduced Fuel efficiency, Is there any other damage if I reduce tyre pressure to 22PSI rear?

regards
san
Old 1st February 2011, 21:18   #625
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by stnair View Post
Apart from reduced Fuel efficiency, Is there any other damage if I reduce tyre pressure to 22PSI rear?

regards
san
one point which comes to mind is higher tyre wear.
Old 1st February 2011, 22:35   #626
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinjosep View Post
one point which comes to mind is higher tyre wear.
But I thought Tyre wear will be higher if we increase the air pressure ?
Old 1st February 2011, 22:41   #627
Senior - BHPian

Low pressure will increase tyre wear and too high pressure will also increase tyre wear. Its the balance between the booth which is best.

Keep between 28-32 for rear and max 20 Psi(for 19 inch) in front.

Last edited by Randhawa : 1st February 2011 at 22:43.
Old 2nd February 2011, 20:36   #628
Senior - BHPian

I usually prefer 22psi up front. I find that some weeks see my tyre pressure dip quite a bit, and then during some it just doesn't budge.
Try out different combinations in the range 20-22psi (F) and 28-32psi (R). Its a personal choice.

Guys, my insurance has expired. Any quick points on how to get it redone? Thanks folks.

My office has been maddeningly busy these days. Happy riding people.
Old 2nd February 2011, 22:21   #629
BHPian

Hey Achint.. Long time man.I've been very busy too. You will have to pay a fine to get your insurance redone. I had also got one of my bike's insurance redone a few months back after the expiry date. It was about 150/- extra. Check with the insurance company from whom you got your bull insured.

About to reach 10000 kms on the odo. Changed back to the stock silencer.

Get your insurance done asap and start riding man. All the best.

Last edited by BIG SARAN : 2nd February 2011 at 22:28.
Old 2nd February 2011, 22:59   #630
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG SARAN View Post
Hey Achint.. Long time man.I've been very busy too. You will have to pay a fine to get your insurance redone. I had also got one of my bike's insurance redone a few months back after the expiry date. It was about 150/- extra. Check with the insurance company from whom you got your bull insured.

About to reach 10000 kms on the odo. Changed back to the stock silencer.

Get your insurance done asap and start riding man. All the best.
There is no fine. If Insurance lapsed, then you have to produce the vehicle for examination at the Insurance company office and renewal will be from that date only. I ve done it once for my Scooty when I forgot to renew. This is the case with public sector insurance companies like National Insurance, New India Assurance etc. Private sector insurance companies like Reliance, ICICI Prudential etc may charge differently.

Once I was charged about Rs150 extra than previous year for my scooty by ICICI Prudential. When asked why, they told me statistically Bajaj and TVS vehicles are more accident prone, hence the higher rate ! . Next year I changed to New India Assurance.

regards
San

Last edited by stnair : 2nd February 2011 at 23:01. Reason: spelling mistake

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks