Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st January 2011, 16:41   #601
BHPian

Re: RE Classic 350 - Initial ownership

Quote:
Originally Posted by EssYouWe View Post
Ummm... I am not sure if the STD swing arm can accommodate the Classic tyre. Will need to take a look at it. 3.5 18" should be equivalent to 110/80 18", even a 120/80 18" would make sense. Would you want to downsize to 18"? It makes the Bull look kinda small. Does the Sirrac come in 19"?
Hi, thanks for the fast reply. Are you in the office cab with a lap top?!! To be true to my heart, I don't like downsizing to 18". The reason I am thinking for that is that Zappers are not available for 19".and the stock tyre in the bullet makes the machine look like a muscular bull bioengineered with chicken legs .
If 3.50/19" is equivalent to 110/80 then I think I am a happy man

Last edited by adrian : 1st January 2011 at 16:50.
Old 1st January 2011, 17:00   #602
Senior - BHPian

Hehe! Its a Saturday, weekends are thankfully off!

http://www.tvstyres.com/productdetai...3.50-19%20REAR

I know TVS tyres are kind of crappy. :P

I think 3.50 - 19" would be on a rim width of 2.15" so that means you should be able to use 110/90 without a worry. Lemme dig deeper into it. I never get the hang of the imperial sizing system. :P
Old 3rd January 2011, 10:17   #603
BHPian

Quote:
Hehe! Its a Saturday, weekends are thankfully off!

http://www.tvstyres.com/productdetai...3.50-19%20REAR

I know TVS tyres are kind of crappy. :P

I think 3.50 - 19" would be on a rim width of 2.15" so that means you should be able to use 110/90 without a worry. Lemme dig deeper into it. I never get the hang of the imperial sizing system. :P
Hey I see a luck guy there. I was in my Office multitasking (dividing my concentration between my files and the TBhp threads . Thanks for doing the research for me friend. Why is it that Zappers are not made for 19" tyres?
Regards Adrian

Last edited by adrian : 3rd January 2011 at 10:19.
Old 3rd January 2011, 11:49   #604
Senior - BHPian

Hehe no probs mate! I guess the low sales volumes might be proving a deterrent in MRF introducing 19"ers.
Wish they were easily available, its one tough tyre!
Old 3rd January 2011, 16:25   #605
BHPian

Quote:
Hehe no probs mate! I guess the low sales volumes might be proving a deterrent in MRF introducing 19"ers.
Wish they were easily available, its one tough tyre!
Hi, With the new RE Bulls crowding the roads, there is a hope that MRF will start producing zappers for 19" wheels as well.
Old 4th January 2011, 16:42   #606
BHPian

Hello Friends, posting a link which would be useful for people in the process of tyre conversion in their machines.

http://www.cb450stuff.com/tires/

Regards Adrian
Old 11th January 2011, 21:44   #607
BHPian

3116 km

2nd service done today. Odo reading 3016 km.

Problems: None. As per Service centre guys, the mileage of about 38kmpl I am getting is not enough for C350. So some tweaking/tuning is done. Will know the results soon.

Service Expense: 0 (No oil change so what expense?)

After service advantages: Engine is smoother, Gear shift easier, accelerates faster.

After service disadvantages: Some oil+grease mixture was applied by the mechanics on the chain liberally. By the time I reached home, it was splashed all over mixed with dust and grime on the rear tyre, rim, under the RHS cover, Centre stand etc and had a tough time cleaning it.

Overall experience: I am a happy man

regards
san
Old 12th January 2011, 14:05   #608
BHPian

Ohhh..so we can ask the service guy not to change oil in any of the free service ? i dint know this..ok..so when do you think you will need a oil change ? My ODO currently reads only 1450 km so second service might be due in few months time
Old 12th January 2011, 14:46   #609
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhishekjp View Post
Ohhh..so we can ask the service guy not to change oil in any of the free service ? i dint know this..ok..so when do you think you will need a oil change ? My ODO currently reads only 1450 km so second service might be due in few months time
RE recommended oil change interval is 6000km. Oil change is done at first service (500km) and then at 3rd service (6000km).

But if you are a hard rider, then you may change oil more frequently (every 3000km or so) for better performance and engine life.

I didnt change at 2nd service since I am planning to go full synthetic soon.

regards
san
Old 17th January 2011, 15:55   #610
BHPian

Price updates

Hello Friends,
The prices of RE bikes have gone up since January 2011. The OTR price of STD 350 UCE is now Rs.96,883/- in Trivandrum where as the old price was Rs.93,000/-. In short you will have to pay Rs.99,000/- (price including accessories) to get a STD UCE on the road.
Regards Adrian
Old 17th January 2011, 17:45   #611
BHPian

Hi Guys

I had this question posted on a different thread
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/9757-goldstar-silencer-13.html#post2210720
but was wondering if anyone could shed some light?

Reiterating:
Can a CL350 take an original bsa goldstar silencer, apart from the fact that there may be the need of some sleeve to make a proper fit? Will it mess up the engine, ie?

On a different note, I've been reading about this sore butt issue on the past few pages of the thread. I had posted in Randhawa's thread some mods I made to the seat spring, viz fabricated a new set with more coils and slightly lower wire dia. I'd be an average build, and this new set of springs proved just right. Although it doesn't provide a permanent remedy to help with the sore butt, it has helped quite a bit on the long rides.

Can provide more info if anyone is interested

Felix
Old 17th January 2011, 17:48   #612
BHPian

Hi Friends,

I'm finding problems with my bull's braking, need to tighten them after every 70 ~ 80 Km run. Is it something normal? now because of this I have to carry a spanner along with me all the time, so that I tighten my vehicle brakes before start!!! After last change of break pads bull has have run almost 1500 Km, I think break pads normally last more than this.

This is one part of the issue, the other part is, whenever I apply front brakes (disk) the entire front portion jerks, though the prime objective of braking is achieved but its not as smooth as in any other bikes. Have you guys observed this ever?

Any thoughts/suggestions on these issues are most welcome

Cheers !!!
Old 19th January 2011, 16:40   #613
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milestone View Post
Hi Friends,

I'm finding problems with my bull's braking, need to tighten them after every 70 ~ 80 Km run. Is it something normal? now because of this I have to carry a spanner along with me all the time, so that I tighten my vehicle brakes before start!!! After last change of break pads bull has have run almost 1500 Km, I think break pads normally last more than this.

This is one part of the issue, the other part is, whenever I apply front brakes (disk) the entire front portion jerks, though the prime objective of braking is achieved but its not as smooth as in any other bikes. Have you guys observed this ever?

Any thoughts/suggestions on these issues are most welcome

Cheers !!!
Hi Milestone,
The vibration when applying front brakes is due to loose stem bolts (the one just below the speedometer). Regarding the brakes - Didn't get the idea if the brake liners are getting eaten away or the adjuster is resetting all by itself. The wear out of liners are directly proportional to your ride habit. Ride fast and brake often, ride down hills in neutral - all these things leads to premature liner wear.
Regards
Adrian

Last edited by adrian : 19th January 2011 at 16:45.
Old 24th January 2011, 11:11   #614

Was closely following this thread for a long time. It was hard for me to choose between STD UCE and Classic 350. If STD UCE had an option for self start i would have opted it. At last booked a maroon CL 350 on friday 21 jan, But the waiting period is 4 months. And the sweetest part is they offered me a "week end expirimental drive". They gave a black CL 350 on Saturday after noon and i have returned it today(monday) morning. A full day with the bull.
I enjoyed a lot. Had no previous experience with a bull. My previous bikes were Suzuki Shogun, Yamaha RX 135. It was totally a new experience.
When i went to return the bike, they offered CL 500 for coming weekend. I am very very excited to lay my hands on CL 500 also. Cant wait till next weekend.
Here is the bull. This one had 68K on odo.
Attached Thumbnails
RE Classic 350 - Initial ownership-bull1.jpg  

Old 24th January 2011, 12:24   #615
BHPian

Hi Adrian, it's adjuster which is getting reset, I guess by changing the adjuster it should get fixed.I'm planning for service during this weekend and will get the stem bolts checked, lets see how it works after that.
Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrian View Post
The wear out of liners are directly proportional to your ride habit. Ride fast and brake often, ride down hills in neutral - all these things leads to premature liner wear.
, but for me it's normal city driving, and was more curious on wear and tear because on my other bike I never had problems related to breaks.

Cheers !!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks