Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th February 2011, 16:31   #646
BHPian

Re: RE Classic 350 - Initial ownership

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunil.nv View Post
Hey Adrian, Ask your friend not to worry because the UCE engines dont seem to like the idea of running on 5th gear at 45, it loves to operate anything above 60! Ask your friend to save the 5th for later , he wont regret. I had the same issue of the ticking sound also but after the first service the ticking sound has vanished, the bike seems to be more active and commanding. It just keeps getting better.

drive safe,
SN
Thanks for the reply Sunil. That means that my friend has to complete the running in on 4th gear with speed limit 45kph?? I felt that the 5th gear had a decent power pulling the bike from 45 to 50 (didn't go above that) without the engine lugging. Any way I will tell him.
Regards Adrian
Old 14th February 2011, 16:45   #647
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrian View Post
Hello friends,
Got an oppurtunity to ride my friend's STD 350 which is in the Ist phase of running in ie below 500. The manual says below 15kph in gear 1, below 25kph in 2, 30kph in 3, 45 in 4th and below 60 kph in 5th gear. Rode the bike as per the manual and the bike is not lugging in 5th gear at 45kph !! My friend says that he is getting ticking sounds when he starts up in the morning and the sound goes off when the engine warms up. Any idea ?

Regards Adrian
The ticking sound in the morning, on a cold engine, is the auto decompressor.....nothing to worry about.
Old 14th February 2011, 19:17   #648
BHPian

Urgent Help needed

Hello Friends and experts, while we were checking the oil level on my friends standard UCE, all we could see was a darkened window. Checked with the manual and no help there as well. (There goes RE's customer care). So how do we check the oil level ? Start the machine, idle for two minutes and ?? Do we see oil level between the max and min lines ? (A graphical illustration would be of great help) All we are seeing now is a glass window with the color of oil. Is my friend's bike overfilled from the service station ? If it is, what next ? Another thing my buddy complaints is that after riding in the rush hour in Ist and IInd gears for a long time, when setting the machine in motion from standstill in Ist gear there is a feeling like the bike not picking up smoothly (The bike starts moving with a judder and after the clutch is fully engaged it is ok). He wants to know if it is the clutch slipping.
Now is it something with the way my friend lets in the clutch or is it due to the sheer power of the vehicle ?
@Bradhey : Thanks friend.
Regards Adrian

Last edited by adrian : 14th February 2011 at 19:19.
Old 14th February 2011, 20:05   #649
BHPian

@adrian

Did you check the oil level with bike on Main stand?

regards
san
Old 14th February 2011, 20:09   #650
Senior - BHPian

After you warm up go for a ride and park it with the centre stand. Let it idle for a minute and then check. If still the window is all black then you have too much oil. Drain around 200-300ml, that should level out.

The judder your friend feels is not from slipping but clutch not engaged properly. He has too less play in clutch cable(clutch too tight). Forget about the suggested play mentioned in the manual, increase the play to around 5-6mm in the clutch lever and have a good night sleep
Old 14th February 2011, 21:35   #651
BHPian

@San : Yes friend, we did that in the centre stand.
@Randhawa : Thanks again friend, I had conveyed your message to my friennd and he said he would do what you said and report back.
Regards Adrian
Old 14th February 2011, 23:29   #652
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EssYouWe View Post
Hey Sunil,

Congrats on your purchase! I demand to see some pics please!

It feels great to know that this thread helped you with your decision. Also, please feel free to post about your Bull as much as you want here. This is not my thread! In fact, you will find others posting here far more regularly than me. Feels great to share with such an awesome bunch of Bullet lovers.

Cheers mate!
Thanks mate!! here you go! by the way I call her Mannat :-)
Attached Thumbnails
RE Classic 350 - Initial ownership-p1070272.jpg  

RE Classic 350 - Initial ownership-p1070273.jpg  

RE Classic 350 - Initial ownership-p1070275.jpg  

RE Classic 350 - Initial ownership-p1070277.jpg  

RE Classic 350 - Initial ownership-p1070278.jpg  

Old 14th February 2011, 23:45   #653
BHPian

Looks absolutely stunning mate. Love the knee pads. Where did you get them from.. the dealer or aftermarket.? How did u get it fixed I mean did u stick it or made some mods? Let me know. I wish to get a pair from my Electra also asap.

Enjoy the ride and do the run-in carefully. Be safe.
Old 15th February 2011, 00:01   #654
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG SARAN View Post
Looks absolutely stunning mate. Love the knee pads. Where did you get them from.. the dealer or aftermarket.? How did u get it fixed I mean did u stick it or made some mods? Let me know. I wish to get a pair from my Electra also asap.

Enjoy the ride and do the run-in carefully. Be safe.

Thanks Mate!

I was a bit vary on putting those but I tried it out when I took her for the 1st service and I think it looks mean on silver :-) I got it from the dealer it self and I paid 800 change (bit expensive than I thought) Plus its easy to "stick" it!

Ride safe
SN
Old 15th February 2011, 12:46   #655
BHPian

Hi..I am going to start doing long rides on my classic350 and so looking for good leather jackets. Can someone pls let me know where do we get such Jackets in Mumbai..Budjest is Rs. 3-5 k.. sorry for being off topic..Thanks.
Old 15th February 2011, 21:31   #656
BHPian

3665 km

Hi Friends/Gurus

I think I have a problem with my Bullu. (RE CL 350). Two days back I noticed a very thin film of oil on the fins near the left side spark plug. Its a very very thin smear of oil and two rubber inserts on that part of engine was slightly wet. First I thought it must've happened while at last service so I cleaned there properly, but today after riding about 30km, the film of oil smear is again there. The right side of engine is completely dry.

Is this the start of the proverbial Oil-leak of Bullet ancestory? Again there is no change in performance and I could easily take him from 0-90kmph which is my personal physical speed limit .

Should I worry too much? I tightened the spark plug on that side just in case the oil was spraying from there. looks more like its coming from under the engine head cover?

regards

San
Old 15th February 2011, 22:01   #657
Senior - BHPian

Post a picture if you can.
Old 15th February 2011, 22:24   #658
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randhawa View Post
Post a picture if you can.
Picture wont show anything as the oil film is very thin. It doesnt drip or leak. But if I touch the fins near left spark plug, my fingers are smeared. It also attracts dust.

Will try to take pic in morning and see if anything shows.

regards
san
Old 15th February 2011, 22:52   #659
Senior - BHPian

If the oil is not visible in the picture then just mark the area where the oil is. Probably its the rocker cover gasket. Just a bit of silicon will take care of it.
Old 16th February 2011, 00:58   #660
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by stnair View Post
Picture wont show anything as the oil film is very thin. It doesnt drip or leak. But if I touch the fins near left spark plug, my fingers are smeared. It also attracts dust.

Will try to take pic in morning and see if anything shows.

regards
san
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randhawa View Post
If the oil is not visible in the picture then just mark the area where the oil is. Probably its the rocker cover gasket. Just a bit of silicon will take care of it.
Ditto! because I remember when I had taken my bike for servicing I was talking to another owner of a CL 350 and I was just checking out his goldie that he had installed and discovered very thin layer of oil on the engine fins. As I pointed out to the owner and the supervisor, he replied that he may have to change a gasket. According to him (the supervisor) it wasnt anything major. but I guess randhawa will have a better clue.

Drive Safe
SN

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks