Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th June 2012, 17:33   #91
BHPian

Re: Audi Q3 : Official Review

Excellent review Anshuman. Happened to read this today only. Agreed the Q3 looks and feels superior to the X1. And the AWD base at 26.xx lacs is excellent pricing. The FWD 140HP pricing should make for a great deal.
Old 6th June 2012, 22:00   #92
BHPian

What would be the approximate reduction in price once Audi starts assembling the q3 in India? Can anyone give the details either in terms of rupees or in terms of percentage?
Old 6th June 2012, 23:07   #93
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by patil View Post
What would be the approximate reduction in price once Audi starts assembling the q3 in India? Can anyone give the details either in terms of rupees or in terms of percentage?
No one except Audi can tell you this. Audi will surely save a lot of taxes with CKD but they might not pass off all this money to the customer. Maybe they are gauging the market through CBU and will move on to CKD once they have realistic figure on the sales numbers.

I do not expect any drop in price with CKD, they might bring in an even lower variant though.
.anshuman is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th June 2012, 09:33   #94
Senior - BHPian

@26L you get a marque brand, comfortable to drive in the city an oil burner and most importantly a Quattro - I think this is an amazing price esp for the young (at heart as well) upwardly mobile market. Its easy to drive in the city with the dimensions and looks very competent for the highway- If I was going to be looking at this segment, and was choosing between the X1 & the Q3 - my money would go on the Q3 for one reason only - Quattro!

Last edited by madan80 : 7th June 2012 at 09:36.
Old 7th June 2012, 09:46   #95
BHPian

This is nice! The X1 seems long in the tooth as compared to the Audi. Expect juicy discounts for the X1 specially since the new one has been launched globally. I for one expect the Audi to be the leader in the charts since they launched the A4 facelift before the new 3 series and also the Q3 now!

Why only 500 cars is the question! The dealers were booking / soft booking this baby SUV for a while now and this will again lead to a situation of waiting periods - the fastest way to lose a customer. For someone who pays the better part of 25-30 lacs, waiting is not an option (pun intended!)
Old 7th June 2012, 11:33   #96
BHPian

Good review and good pricing strategy by Audi.

I am still unclear about the difference in the two versions though, other than the alloys and sunroof.

Does the lower version not have Climate control? Even an i10 has it! What about the MMI? Is it the same in both versions or does the lower version have a stripped down MMI?

I am assuming both versions have the same engine specs with Quattro. Correct?

Finally (hopelessly optimistic) - Mercedes dropped the price for the second lot of MLs recently - will Audi do the same?
Old 7th June 2012, 13:57   #97

As per Audi Bangalore, they are taking bookings for only fully loaded variant of Q3 which comes to 43.5L OTR and due to limited numbers (500) they might soon close it in a day or 2!!! Expected delivery around Oct. I was waiting for this and now I have 2nd thoughts. Is it worth it? and at this price point what are other alternatives? I wish they released some base variants! Now the fight between mind and heart started.....
fastcarz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2012, 17:07   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
Never, ever fill premium diesel in a German car. Regular diesel does just fine:

Could you elaborate on this point here. what kind of damage am i looking at while filling premium diesel. Been using shell diesel for a year now.
Old 7th June 2012, 17:11   #99
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastcarz View Post
As per Audi Bangalore, they are taking bookings for only fully loaded variant of Q3 which comes to 43.5L OTR and due to limited numbers (500) they might soon close it in a day or 2!!! Expected delivery around Oct. I was waiting for this and now I have 2nd thoughts. Is it worth it? and at this price point what are other alternatives? I wish they released some base variants! Now the fight between mind and heart started.....
Thanks! You saved me a trip to showroom. Can't understand how does a 32L car become 44L onroad. Did you get a breakup from them. For a illustration, look at the attached price of Santa Fe.
Attached Images

Old 7th June 2012, 17:40   #100
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastcarz View Post
As per Audi Bangalore, they are taking bookings for only fully loaded variant of Q3 which comes to 43.5L OTR
Quote:
Originally Posted by raghavv View Post
Can't understand how does a 32L car become 44L onroad.
Maybe, the 43.5L figure is including some expensive optional accessories. Just guessing here, I've no idea about the accessories offered or their prices. Otherwise, no way a 32L car can be 43.5L OTR.
Old 7th June 2012, 17:46   #101
Team-BHP Support

It may include the Audi Car life package that has extended warranty as well as maintenance package.
Old 7th June 2012, 17:48   #102
BHPian

Q3 website is up. Here is the link:
Audi Q3

Here is the link to download brochure:
http://www.audi-q3.in/downloads/audi-a3-brochure.pdf

Happy Motoring. Let the debate on features begin
Old 7th June 2012, 17:53   #103
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abishek2222 View Post
Could you elaborate on this point here. what kind of damage am i looking at while filling premium diesel. Been using shell diesel for a year now.
Abhishek - pasting relevant section from Anshuman' post

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
The additives in premium Diesels damage the internals of modern CRDI engines, not only for Germans, avoid premium additive laced Diesel for all CRDI engines. Most manufacturers have this mentioned the owner's manual. Please search the forum for details.

Last edited by ToroRosso : 7th June 2012 at 17:54. Reason: Typo
ToroRosso is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th June 2012, 19:00   #104

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghavv View Post
Did you get a breakup from them..
Unfortunately, he didn't shared the break-up of price over the phone and told me to visit the showroom for further details :( . Planning to visit tomorrow morning as they will display the vehicle and check it out.
Old 7th June 2012, 19:11   #105
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToroRosso

Abhishek - pasting relevant section from Anshuman' post
So do I avoid shell diesel and switch over to my local pump despite the increased chances of it being adulterated.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks