Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd September 2014, 15:26   #7951
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

There has been a lot of criticism of Ford Dealers and Customer Service and their 'Handling' of customers. And since this is an open forum, I thought I should share positive feedback too. This is about Fortune Ford, Tolichowki, Hyderabad.

I was promised a delivery period of 2-3 months if I was flexible in the color choice - I wanted the Petrol AT version. Since I didn't have a favorite color among the choices, I went ahead and booked my car on the second week of Jun -2014 and as promised I got my car on the last week of Aug - 2014. And I got allotted a white color - although not my first choice, I did like it a lot.

And the SA did try to sell hard the dealer provided insurance, but didn't force it onto me and I did end up buying it outside.

The accessories attached had a couple of glitches like spoiler color mismatch, and wrong type of seat covers (wanted airbag complaint seat covers for the AT). But the Delivery coordinator did ensure that things got repainted or replaced promptly.

All in all a very god experience , at least so far.
bharathan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2014, 16:41   #7952
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharathan View Post

The accessories attached had a couple of glitches like spoiler color mismatch, and wrong type of seat covers (wanted airbag complaint seat covers for the AT). But the Delivery coordinator did ensure that things got repainted or replaced promptly.
Good experience. Thanks for sharing.

I also have an identical Ecosport AT White, although a few months older. Please can you snap some pictures of the Seat covers on your ecosport and post on the forum. Are these Air Bag Compliant? How much did you pay for the same?
Old 3rd September 2014, 18:04   #7953
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roy_libran View Post
Good experience. Thanks for sharing.

I also have an identical Ecosport AT White, although a few months older. Please can you snap some pictures of the Seat covers on your ecosport and post on the forum. Are these Air Bag Compliant? How much did you pay for the same?
It was around 8.5k. Yes they are Airbag complaint. The best way to identify them is they have 'SRS Airbag' tag in them and it comes with a side stitching (so that the seat cover tears and the airbag deploys) . If you go to Page 183 of this same thread you can find a picture of the same - the end of the page (post by k_ajay). Mine is a black cover with white linings instead of the Red as in the picture, and will post a pic when I get a chance.

The service people and the SAs (barring few) are not completely aware of this feature in the seat-cover for the ATs. This is because only Titanium O+ Diesel and Petrol Automatic come with 6 Airbags and the Diesel variant comes attached with the seat covers. So it is important that AT owners double check before buying the seat covers.

I had to do some deep research before concluding that my initial seat covers were not airbag complaint, even though the SA told me they were. And I explained him why they weren't. My initial seat cover didn't have a side stitching. And because there are very few ATs, not many of them know how to differentiate.

Cheers.
bharathan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2014, 21:07   #7954
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I was promised a delivery period of 2-3 months if I was flexible in the color choice - I wanted the Petrol AT version. Since I didn't have a favorite color among the choices, I went ahead and booked my car on the second week of Jun -2014 and as promised I got my car on the last week of Aug - 2014. And I got allotted a white color - although not my first choice, I did like it a lot.
Congrats on your new vehicle. Would love to see some pics.
How do you find the ride quality? I ask since you have been using an Innova. I assume the ride is stiffer?
Old 4th September 2014, 10:53   #7955
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilful View Post
Congrats on your new vehicle. Would love to see some pics.
How do you find the ride quality? I ask since you have been using an Innova. I assume the ride is stiffer?
I find the driving much more comfortable in this (easy to maneuver, light steering, less noise, smoother accelerator etc.). My Wife says that the cabin is a little bit more claustrophobic but the ride quality on bumps etc are a little better. But I do feel the doors are much more heavier in this compared to the Innova. I used to open and close my Innova with 3 fingers, but this one I need 5 fingers, wrist and a little bit of force from my elbow too.

But again we are comparing apples and oranges. The Innova was a 8 seater diesel with 40k Km done, and this one a brand new petrol five seater.
Old 4th September 2014, 11:09   #7956
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It was around 8.5k. Yes they are Airbag complaint. The best way to identify them is they have 'SRS Airbag' tag in them and it comes with a side stitching (so that the seat cover tears and the airbag deploys) . If you go to Page 183 of this same thread you can find a picture of the same - the end of the page (post by k_ajay). Mine is a black cover with white linings instead of the Red as in the picture, and will post a pic when I get a chance.
Cheers.
Thanks for this tip. I checked it out and also approached my dealership.
They have quoted Rs. 7500/- for the same.
The part number is SBA0010 (same as pic on Page 183).
There is another Airbag compliant seat cover as per my dealer and it's part number is SBA0011.
Would you happen to know the Part number of your seat cover?
roy_libran is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2014, 12:01   #7957
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roy_libran View Post
Thanks for this tip. I checked it out and also approached my dealership.
They have quoted Rs. 7500/- for the same.
The part number is SBA0010 (same as pic on Page 183).
There is another Airbag compliant seat cover as per my dealer and it's part number is SBA0011.
Would you happen to know the Part number of your seat cover?
Ya. I think so. initially they gave me SBA0009 i think and then changed it to SBA0011. Both are of the same colour and design but 11 was airbag complaint and 9 wasn't. They looked slightly better IMO and matched the white color of the car.
Old 4th September 2014, 12:55   #7958

Hello Everybody,

My membership got approved today and this is my first post. It's a pleasure to be part of this community.

I am an owner of the Ford ecosport 1.5 P Titanium Manual. Due to incessant rain in Mangalore over the past few months, I started noticing condensation in my car headlights. I e-mailed ford immediately who have after multiple discussions and arguments maintained that the headlights are functioning as per design and there is nothing faulty. They have even reiterated that even if they change the lights, the problem will continue to persist. I see Ecosports on the roads in the same weather conditions, however, I don't see the same problem. Hence, I would request the experts here to kindly provide instances, if any, of the problem in your cars and also suggest if I should continue disputing ford's claim.

Attaching pictures below for your reference.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-wp_20140822_001.jpg  

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-wp_20140822_002.jpg  

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-wp_20140822_003.jpg  

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-wp_20140822_004.jpg  

Merc4Life is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2014, 13:45   #7959
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merc4Life View Post
Hello Everybody,

My membership got approved today and this is my first post. It's a pleasure to be part of this community.

------snip-------

That is an assembly problem, and I've not seen it in any factory spec headlight that has been correctly put together. Those lamps need to be changed by ford.
Old 4th September 2014, 13:59   #7960
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hence, I would request the experts here to kindly provide instances, if any, of the problem in your cars and also suggest if I should continue disputing ford's claim.

Produce these photos to the dealer when you visit them. Ask them to replace the entire assembly. In case they deny this, the next best thing that you can do is ask them to replace the rubber seal covering the bulbs. Hope it's a faulty rubber cover so that it can be replaced easily. My friend's Audi Q5 had the same problem and they replaced the entire assembly free of cost.
Old 4th September 2014, 14:04   #7961
BHPian

Quote:
Hello Everybody,

I am an owner of the Ford ecosport 1.5 P Titanium Manual. Due to incessant rain in Mangalore over the past few months, I started noticing condensation in my car headlights. I e-mailed ford immediately who have after multiple discussions and arguments maintained that the headlights are functioning as per design and there is nothing faulty. They have even reiterated that even if they change the lights, the problem will continue to persist. I see Ecosports on the roads in the same weather conditions, however, I don't see the same problem. Hence, I would request the experts here to kindly provide instances, if any, of the problem in your cars and also suggest if I should continue disputing ford's claim.

This might happen if you had done some after market changes to head lights. Did you upgrade your bulbs outside of ASC? If not then assembly change under warranty is the way to go. If they are not ready just make a lot of noise. Hell a lot of noise. That should do it
Old 4th September 2014, 14:05   #7962
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hello Everybody,

You should visit Cauvery Ford in Mangalore and get them replaced. I dont think your issue will be solved with E-Mail's. I have sprayed water to headlamps with force(from a 5 HP pump) but nothing like this has happened.

Possibility are that there are minor cracks(manufacturing defect) which is causing the problem. Better have this checked at Service Centre.
Old 4th September 2014, 14:06   #7963

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
That is an assembly problem, and I've not seen it in any factory spec headlight that has been correctly put together. Those lamps need to be changed by ford.
Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Produce these photos to the dealer when you visit them. Ask them to replace the entire assembly. In case they deny this, the next best thing that you can do is ask them to replace the rubber seal covering the bulbs. Hope it's a faulty rubber cover so that it can be replaced easily. My friend's Audi Q5 had the same problem and they replaced the entire assembly free of cost.
Thank you for your input guys. After lot of arguments Ford finally agreed to replace the headlight assembly. I was a little unsure as they told me it would continue to accumulate moisture even if the headlights were replaced. Now that I know its a defect, I can request them to change the assembly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naetik30 View Post
This might happen if you had done some after market changes to head lights. Did you upgrade your bulbs outside of ASC? If not then assembly change under warranty is the way to go. If they are not ready just make a lot of noise. Hell a lot of noise. That should do it
I haven't made any after market changes. I think this should be covered by the warranty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
You should visit Cauvery Ford in Mangalore and get them replaced. I dont think your issue will be solved with E-Mail's. I have sprayed water to headlamps with force(from a 5 HP pump) but nothing like this has happened.

Possibility are that there are minor cracks(manufacturing defect) which is causing the problem. Better have this checked at Service Centre.
I did visit the showroom multiple times. They kept saying that you keep the headlight on for an extended period of time and the moisture will evaporate on its own. This was Ford technical team's justification as well when I told them about the problem. They also happen to mention that such a problem occurs routinely and they have received a number of complaints from other owners as well.

Last edited by Vid6639 : 4th September 2014 at 14:18. Reason: merging posts. Please use edit option when posting within 30mins on the same thread.
Old 4th September 2014, 15:28   #7964
Distinguished - BHPian

Ford Ecosport launched in Malaysia

The Thai-assembled EcoSport will be available in two trim levels - Trend and Titanium with a single engine and transmission option (1.5L Petrol Automatic) starting at 93,000 RM (Rs 17.67 lakh).

The Thai EcoSport measures 4,273mm in length, 1,765mm wide and 1,675mm tall. This makes it 272mm longer, and 33mm shorter than its Indian counterpart. The ground clearance is identical at 200mm, the boot space at 362 litre.

The engine is the same 1.5-litre petrol unit that powers the Fiesta and the EcoSport in India. The engine produces 108bhp and 142Nm of torque and is mated to a six-speed Powershift dual-clutch transmission.

Couple of features as standard here - DRLs, Sunroof, Wheel cover, Auto dimming mirror and couple more.

Courtesy - Paultan.org

Brochure:

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-ecosportbrochure2.jpg

DRL's:

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-fordecosportlaunchset27.jpg

Sunroof:

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-fordecosportmalaysiashowroom0015.jpg

Auto headlamps:
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-fordecosportmalaysiashowroom0041850x637.jpg  

naveen.raju is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th September 2014, 16:41   #7965
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Ford Ecosport launched in Malaysia
Couple of features as standard here - DRLs, Sunroof, Wheel cover, Auto dimming mirror and couple more.
More importantly, features like ESP, Traction control, EBA, 3-point seat belts for all seats are standard across all variants.
vb-saan is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks