Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th September 2016, 09:37   #1111
BHPian

Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
You must have Trend version, go for a HID upgrade and results will be very good, can go for osram, costs should be about 8500 or so. I went for the change when I bought, details are in this thread some pages back.
You can buy on Amazon and fix them yourself. The Owners' Manual has easy instructions on changing bulbs yourself.

You can refer to the earlier post here.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post3994118

However, for Trend, the High Beam is H15 - not easily available in Osram. Check Philips. Similarly H8 for Fog Lamps in Osram are also difficult to find. I also got Philips.

For Low beam, ideally go with Turbanator's recommendation below. Swap them with HID kits.

Last edited by nareshtrao : 29th September 2016 at 09:41.
Old 29th September 2016, 11:02   #1112
BHPian

Weren't there reports of some Osrams switching off? I know someone switched back to stocks to avoid warrranty issues.

Please update exact light since one is HB3 P9005 and other is HB3 9005. I also want to opt for the same. 3.2 Titanium.

Last edited by kimianks : 29th September 2016 at 11:17.
Old 1st October 2016, 14:12   #1113
BHPian

Looks like ford has discontinued the 2.2 4x2 MT Trend Model, its no more listing on the Ford Website.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Endeavour : Official Review-ford.jpg  

LionX is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st October 2016, 14:51   #1114
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionX View Post
Looks like ford has discontinued the 2.2 4x2 MT Trend Model, its no more listing on the Ford Website.
Hence the discounts ? Can't think of a proper reason apart from lower demand for these variants! Surprised how many 3.2 Titaniums i have seen till now! People opting for the 3.2 Top end majorly it seems.
Old 1st October 2016, 15:16   #1115
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
HSurprised how many 3.2 Titaniums i have seen till now! People opting for the 3.2 Top end majorly it seems.
I have visited Ford dealership few times and checked new Endeavour thoroughly. The price difference between other Models and top model(3.2) , makes 3.2 4*4 AT , a compelling 'Value for Money' proposition considering so many features are missing in Trend variant. Selling points would be Sunroof, TPMS, better headlights, electric rear seat( last row) adjustments and few more which I dont remember clearly now but there were more than 7 features additional in Titanium variant. I dont want to remember and get tempted again to the New Endeavour though and eagerly waiting for details on New Fortuner.
shatrughna is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2016, 11:42   #1116
Team-BHP Support

It is time Ford gave a thought to the missing navigation system in their infotainment system.

Not seeing many new Endeavour but most are 3.2 Titanium
Sheel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2016, 23:22   #1117
BHPian

Have test driven Endeavour 2.2 AT yesterday (AT 2.2 doesn't have 4X4) . The roads in Hyderabad is really bad after recent rains. So the road situation really gave me a chance to test the Suspension as well.

Let's start with the Exteriors First

The front is having a good Macho look, and the design is inline with the latest Ford arrivals mainly because of the Aston Martinish trapezoidal grill. When you come to the side, the lack of claddings give you a feeling that a naked feeling and something missing feeling. The backside is just good.

Getting in and Interiors.

Driver seat and Co-Passenger. --> Getting in to the front seat is easy especially the handle is a good support . Once you get in while you adjust your driving seat position, the steering reach adjustment missing a big miss. The 8 way power adjust is very good. (eventhough I would have loved to have Memory function as well). The Seat is very comfortable on all angles of support. really good fabric as well. The quality of plastics, I would say above average, the test drive car is already having lot of black marks on the beige plastics. The Dash top finish is excellent with Original leather. The high position view is excellent from the driver seat. The Steering is of good grip and of great quality.
The Co-Passenger seat is also very comfy. With very good support to your entire body.

Driveability --> the 2.2 engine is very responsive . I first tried it through the city roads of Hyderabad, which is very bad. The suspension was very good, it absorbs each and every potholes and the small one you don't need to worry at all. The engine is good for city traffic. The driveability is really good for such a big car. You will never ever feels like driving such a big car. In the city drive of 20 KM, I got a mileage of 9.8.
Now I took the car to ORR. Total 50 KM stretch. The first 25 I wanted to try out the S mode. When you are on S mode, the transmission is believed to do downshift for you. But the downshift is slow and this is the only place where you feel the engine is not having enough power. The Hyderabad ORR is really good road and here is where Autocar did their faster run with with an Audi. So you can imagine the quality of the road. In Sports mode you don't feel like you are loosing out of power. (that someone mentioned in the Review). The first 25 KM gave a mileage of 12.5 KM with a decent spirited driving. The next 25 Km I wanted to test the real fuel efficiency and I kept the car in 100 KMH cruise control and it gave 15.6 for 25 KM. (I have the photos, will attach that as well). The driving dynamics, by considering the size of the car is really good. You can't even compare with Crysta or Fortuner. This is a clear winner in those aspects.
The second row is being flat seat, it is decent. I would have loved to have a bucket seat there as well. The 3rd is big enough for adults as well, but under thigh support is not there, so for long drive, it is good for kids only. For adults to get in and get out to the third row, it is a like a stretching exercise or it would be easy for a Yoga master. For getting in to second row, my mother was really comfortable, and she was saying that it was easier for her compared to EcoSport.

The luggage --> Eventhough the boot is measured to be 440, I think it is not as useable as an EcoSport or Brezza one. The reason being, this is wide enough and tall enough but not depth enough, so keeping a big suitecase is a question mark.

Other points
1. The tailgate auto close functionality is really good.
2. The 10 speaker music system is an adorable one.
3. The voice control is much matured now and it understands our Indian accent very well and you don't need to repeat a statement more than one time.

Overall I feel that with the latest price cut, the trend variant is really value for money for this car.
anumod is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th October 2016, 11:14   #1118
BHPian

Do you guys think Endy will get a minor upgrade with push button start, folding OSRVM along with car locking, navigation etc before end of year to position against Fortuner.
Skids Kodiak also coming up with better features. But may not have the brand positioning against Endy.
Old 4th October 2016, 11:34   #1119

Is it only me that found the car fairly underwhelming? (I did not read all the posts, so if I am repeating stuff, I apologise in advance)

I found the music system to be an utter dampener. The ones on my Optra Magnum and Honda City sound a lot better. There is no proper balance, and most songs I palyed sounded washed out even at 50% volume.

The infotainment system was a proper pain. It most often took two firm taps to register inputs, and it seemed like Ford skimped on the processing power of that unit.

The rear-door set-up was very awkward. The rubber seals on the rear doors are not protected and they are open to elements. It is exposed to the stones, gravel, mud, and what not that is thrown up by the tyres and starts chipping soon.

This is something that I found disturbing in the earlier endeavour too. If there is a logical explanation as to why it is like that, I would be delighted!

Also, like it has been said, the Auto Transmission, though refined on its own, was not to my liking. It felt a little laggy, especially under heavy load and hard acceleration. (TBH, I came straight out of a Merc E Class 2016 AT into this one, so this part might be coloured).
soulweaver is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2016, 05:58   #1120
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shatrughna View Post
I have visited Ford dealership few times and checked new Endeavour thoroughly. The price difference between other Models and top model(3.2) , makes 3.2 4*4 AT , a compelling 'Value for Money' proposition considering so many features are missing in Trend variant. Selling points would be Sunroof, TPMS, better headlights, electric rear seat( last row) adjustments and few more which I dont remember clearly now but there were more than 7 features additional in Titanium variant. I dont want to remember and get tempted again to the New Endeavour though and eagerly waiting for details on New Fortuner.
Exactly my thoughts, The goodies 3.2 Top end offers is really Value for money! I cannot possibly think of any reason that might discourage me to go and buy one, And hence its planned early next year.
Tanveer_2558 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2016, 08:31   #1121
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
The rear-door set-up was very awkward. The rubber seals on the rear doors are not protected and they are open to elements. It is exposed to the stones, gravel, mud, and what not that is thrown up by the tyres and starts chipping soon.
Agreed, further, during actual usage rubber seals on rear door keep on coming out and everything you mentioned gets stuck to the metal. I am yet to find a solution for this, perhaps will have to permanently fix with glue.

Quote:
It most often took two firm taps to register inputs, and it seemed like Ford skimped on the processing power of that unit.
Yes, kind of, especially when you are at speeds, they should have something better, sync3 should take care, I remember it works & looks far better on Mustang.

Quote:
Do you guys think Endy will get a minor upgrade with push button start, folding OSRVM along with car locking, navigation etc before end of year
Being a Global product, I doubt Ford India can introduce changes like push button start in Indian kits but yes these small things should be covered in a model Year change which should happen at the start of next year. Navigation can be a possibility earlier, though. Don't know how difficult is for Ford to offer Navigation on sync2 as this problem is the most common even overseas.
Quote:
The goodies 3.2 Top end offers is really Value for money!
Yes, but in my opinion not after recent price cut on lower versions and we might actually see more of lower versions now. Apart from missing Airbags, I can't think of something useful which we can't get retrofitted .

Last edited by Turbanator : 6th October 2016 at 08:32.
Old 11th October 2016, 06:36   #1122
BHPian

Another recent trip out of station (had to do 700 kms round trip with most of the driving in the night) and the car is holding nice. Good part is that except for a normal wash and interior clean, nitrogen top up, i have not spend any money on "additional" maintenance and i hope that remains so for the rest of the time. The car seems reliable and does not feel tired or grumbling after trips (and most of the the time the terrains are so bad) no rattles or anything to complain after 13k kms in four months.

The best thing i like is, the steering is still smooth (feels very light like how it was when i got it from the showroom) and no tightness (which generally happens in cars like scorpio and safari) Alignment is still good and no pulling to any side. (Ford's claim that alignment needs to be checked every 10k kms seems true)

The AT gearbox seems more and more smoother. No more "drag" feel. I think it does learn ones driving style and adapt. So far so good.

Last edited by sunishsamuel : 11th October 2016 at 06:38.
Old 11th October 2016, 07:57   #1123
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionX View Post
That completes the puzzle then as to how the 2.2 4x2 AT Trend was cheaper than the MT variant post the price cut. Ford really needs to manage their communication better!

When the Endeavour was launched, the Titanium variants were really too close to Trend on pricing. The Titanium was the default pick. The trend variants present good value for money after the revisions. Titanium went up and Trend came down.

Now, if only Ford could make these trucks in their factory as frequently as they revise the price list.
deetjohn is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th October 2016, 09:29   #1124
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
Now, if only Ford could make these trucks in their factory as frequently as they revise the price list.
I thought Ford sorted their supply constraints and able to deliver the cars in 45 days max ? Is it not the case or customers forced to wait for 2-3 months ?
Old 11th October 2016, 11:08   #1125
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunishsamuel View Post
I thought Ford sorted their supply constraints and able to deliver the cars in 45 days max ? Is it not the case or customers forced to wait for 2-3 months ?
Most of the dealers are offering 30-45 days now. So am surprised to see the post.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks