Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 15th June 2009, 16:44   #556
Senior - BHPian
 
safari_lover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Bengaluru / Bagdal
Posts: 1,058
Thanked: 377 Times
Default

Watched two movies over the weekend.

Casablanca - A true classic. 3.5/5

Angels and Demons - Liked the movie. Good story at good pace. 3.5/5
safari_lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2009, 16:47   #557
Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 11
Thanked: Once
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
Watched Star Trek yesterday, Its a great movie.

What amazed me most was the casting(or make up) as they managed to get actors who resemble very closely to the original star cast. The special effect are great, the build up of characters is superb.

Overall a Superb Movie. As bonus the original Spock also features in this movie Also hearing "Space the Final Frontier, these are the Voyages of... " at the end of the Movie was very nostalgic

4.5/5
I concur. It is definitely nostalgic watching the movie and how true to the original they kept this movie. One of the better movies among the ones released recently. It also has high rating on rottentomatoes (if you track that stuff...)
int3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2009, 16:50   #558
JVH
Senior - BHPian
 
JVH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,021
Thanked: 148 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by safari_lover View Post
Watched two movies over the weekend.

Casablanca - A true classic. 3.5/5
Indeed a true classic. I'm bowled over by Ingrid Bergman. Such elegance and simplicity is not be seen today.
JVH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2009, 16:52   #559
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 74
Thanked: 16 Times
Default

I watch a movie almost everyday and somehow missed out on updating here, better late than never. Last week i saw the movie SAW part 1,2,3,4. Though all the parts feels similar the direction is great and you wont get bored of the repeating similar scenes. Rating 4/5
Red Circle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2009, 16:55   #560
Team-BHP Support
 
bblost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 9,650
Thanked: 6,663 Times
Default

The English Movies Thread (No Spoilers Please)-shoot_em_up_movie_poster_onesheet.jpg

Shoot 'Em Up (2007)

The bad guy breaks the heroes fingers. Hero does not mind the pain, he still knocks a couple of guys out. Runs and sits down beside a fire place. He tries to shoot. But cannot get it straight as his fingers are broken.

The villain comes over. Some dialogues. The hero sticks his hand into the fire. He has bullets between his fingers. Kills the villain with gunfire.

I loved it.
Unfortunately caught the movie a bit late and missed the beginning.
On the new WB channel.
This is art.

Did I mention how he flies out of a car and lands inside the other car and...
Must watch.

Last edited by bblost : 15th June 2009 at 16:58.
bblost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2009, 17:03   #561
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: chennai
Posts: 757
Thanked: 299 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by safari_lover
Watched two movies over the weekend.

Casablanca - A true classic. 3.5/5
I have seen it many times and have never got bored with the movie. I especially like the setting, dialogues & dialogue delivery of Humphrey Bogart. I like the role of Capt. Renault too...

my rating 5/5.

Last edited by Technocrat : 15th June 2009 at 17:23. Reason: fixed quote
tifosikrishna is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2009, 17:17   #562
Senior - BHPian
 
esteem_lover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Madras/Py
Posts: 7,554
Thanked: 445 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
Attachment 148123

Shoot 'Em Up (2007)

The bad guy breaks the heroes fingers. Hero does not mind the pain, he still knocks a couple of guys out. Runs and sits down beside a fire place. He tries to shoot. But cannot get it straight as his fingers are broken.

The villain comes over. Some dialogues. The hero sticks his hand into the fire. He has bullets between his fingers. Kills the villain with gunfire.

I loved it.
Unfortunately caught the movie a bit late and missed the beginning.
On the new WB channel.
This is art.

Did I mention how he flies out of a car and lands inside the other car and...
Must watch.

I watched it on HBO last night. Absolutely unbelievable. He would have killed at least 150 people in that movie. Rajini Kanth is so much tolerable.

Loved Monica Bellucci though.

Last edited by esteem_lover : 15th June 2009 at 17:22.
esteem_lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2009, 17:19   #563
Team-BHP Support
 
bblost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 9,650
Thanked: 6,663 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
I watched it on HBO last night. Absolutely unbelievable. He would have killed at least 150 people in that movie. Rajini Kanth is so much tolerable.
Actually its
Body Count: 106

Shoot 'Em Up (2007) - Trivia


Did you see the stunt when he parachutes down and knocks out a couple of guys.
bblost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2009, 17:36   #564
Senior - BHPian
 
esteem_lover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Madras/Py
Posts: 7,554
Thanked: 445 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
Did you see the stunt when he parachutes down and knocks out a couple of guys.

Fighting in the air, that was the heights. Unimaginable ways of fighting. I think all our favourite heroes have a lot to learn from him.
esteem_lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2009, 17:44   #565
Senior - BHPian
 
safari_lover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Bengaluru / Bagdal
Posts: 1,058
Thanked: 377 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVH View Post
Indeed a true classic. I'm bowled over by Ingrid Bergman. Such elegance and simplicity is not be seen today.
Absolutely! She's the strongest point of the movie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosikrishna View Post
I have seen it many times and have never got bored with the movie. I especially like the setting, dialogues & dialogue delivery of Humphrey Bogart. I like the role of Capt. Renault too...

my rating 5/5.
Yeah, even I liked Capt. Renault's character.

Last edited by safari_lover : 15th June 2009 at 17:46.
safari_lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2009, 23:59   #566
Senior - BHPian
 
maddy42's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Phoenix, Coorg
Posts: 1,846
Thanked: 491 Times
Default

Rock n Rolla 3.5*
Well keeping in line with Shoot em Up i watched the same heros movie called RocknRolla.
Nice on had the typical Snatch kinda experience to it. Do watch it as its fun.

Taken2.5*
Avg one and the typical one man army type but the guy in the lead is pretty old for it. No twists but just a kidnapping plot in the place you least expect. PARIS. Has lots of violence but not shown in a gory way. Watch it if you got time.
maddy42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2009, 00:04   #567
BHPian
 
jassi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 980
Thanked: 11 Times
Smile

just saw "day of the jackal" - The Day of the Jackal (1973) absolutely splendid movie - keeps you hooked right till the very end
my rating 5/5

also saw salo 120 days of sodom yesterday Salò o le 120 giornate di Sodoma (1975) - i haven't seen a more repulsive movie before
1.5/5
jassi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2009, 00:09   #568
Team-BHP Support
 
Samurai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: B'lore-Manipal
Posts: 22,384
Thanked: 14,314 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddy42 View Post
Taken2.5*
Avg one and the typical one man army type but the guy in the lead is pretty old for it.
Well, he is playing a retired CIA agent and father of a 17 year old girl, he had to look old. But even otherwise Liam Neeson is one of my favourite actor, his lead role in Schindler's List, Qui-Gon Jinn in Star Wars, lead role in Les misérables and Rob Roy are some of his best.

Last edited by Samurai : 16th June 2009 at 12:47. Reason: wrong star
Samurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2009, 00:46   #569
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Sam Kapasi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Mumbai (but wat
Posts: 6,989
Thanked: 1,453 Times
Default

Yup Liam Neeson is the man!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Qui-Gon Jinn in Star Trek,
I'm sure you meant Star Wars, old warrior.
Sam Kapasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2009, 08:00   #570
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: chennai
Posts: 757
Thanked: 299 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jassi View Post
just saw "day of the jackal" - The Day of the Jackal (1973) absolutely splendid movie - keeps you hooked right till the very end
my rating 5/5
Agree with you. You almost want the assasin to kill the president....right from the word go, the movie keeps you hooked. Liked the feel of the movie.
tifosikrishna is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Television shows: What do you watch? (No Spoilers Please) greatDrive Shifting gears 1947 16th December 2017 06:35
The Hindi Movies Thread aah78 Shifting gears 3069 20th November 2017 11:55
The "Theatre" Thread (No spoilers please)! TheLizardKing Shifting gears 3 7th May 2015 19:50
English Plagiarization of Indian Movies SinghBHP Shifting gears 38 23rd November 2014 19:45


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 13:23.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks