Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th March 2015, 15:17   #3181
SDP
Team-BHP Support

re: Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterjim13 View Post
1. Noise from left suspension area especially on patchy roads. Sounded like some rubber hitting a metal sort of.

I had been hearing a noise from the left suspension area, the co passenger could really feel it on patchy roads.
Suspension noises are pretty common. The most common cause is worn out or out-of-shape balancer bar bushes. They cause a fairly obvious khad-khad sound on uneven roads.

Quote:
...Guys in KTC Cochin, checked the suspension removed and we even did a test drive using the suspension of a 5K old XUV from their garage and it still seems to be there.
In that case it might be from the steering system and not suspension.

Quote:
...After contacting mahindra through the service guys they suggested the replacement of entire suspension KIT. After trying and testing every alternative, it will take a week more to get it delivered from NASIK.
This is plain stupidity by M&M. When the sound was still present after trying the suspension from another XUV, isn't it obvious that the suspension is not the issue?

BTW, when you say the entire suspension kit is being replaced, can you please list out the parts? There are quite a few parts in the suspension and replacing all of them just because they are not able to isolate the problem does not make sense.

Last edited by SDP : 5th March 2015 at 15:31.
Old 5th March 2015, 17:21   #3182
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
Suspension noises are pretty common. The most common cause is worn out or out-of-shape balancer bar bushes. They cause a fairly obvious khad-khad sound on uneven roads.
Even I felt the same, that is the reason for replacement.

Quote:
In that case it might be from the steering system and not suspension.
To added to above the 5k car was the test drive vehicle which they have. So KTC is also suspicious on the suspension of that car.

Quote:
This is plain stupidity by M&M. When the sound was still present after trying the suspension from another XUV, isn't it obvious that the suspension is not the issue?

BTW, when you say the entire suspension kit is being replaced, can you please list out the parts? There are quite a few parts in the suspension and replacing all of them just because they are not able to isolate the problem does not make sense.
This is what I understand, the report from the service center is that they were not able to locate the issue. So the same has been confirmed by the M&M service rep here.

And as the alternate suspension which was tested was from another used car, and I assume they would not have placed the entire suspension kit (though I am not sure on what that kit includes).

Can this be in a way "even after checking with an alternate unit (not the whole) the issue still persists" || Kindly excuse my ignorance, and for not understanding what exactly is being replaced ||
Old 5th March 2015, 17:53   #3183
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
Great. If possible, please post a pic of the same.

Also, since you already had camera mounted on rear bumper. How will you be covering that slot?
Hi Suhas,

The guys at the service center are looking for options where they can fix the cam.
If possible they might remove the old cam and fix it to the same slot with some casing.

But since you asked, this is how they have fixed the cams for a Rexton. They have done the same for XUV5OO also, but there weren't any when I was there.

Hope this helps.

Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions-img_3059.jpg

Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions-img_3060.jpg

This looks neat since the body colour is black. But for XUV's it will still be fine as there is a fibre accessory on top of the number plate hiding the number plate light. It would easily hide the cam.
peterjim13 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th March 2015, 17:58   #3184
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
But for XUV's it will still be fine as there is a fibre accessory on top of the number plate hiding the number plate light.
Thanks for the pics.
Yes, it would be a neat install on XUV. Also, compared to the Rexton in pics it would be an easier one too I guess since instead of body panel the slot has to be drilled on to plastic panel.

Makes you wonder why M&M still fixes the camera on bumper.
Old 5th March 2015, 18:00   #3185
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the pics.
Yes, it would be a neat install on XUV. Also, compared to the Rexton in pics it would be an easier one too I guess since instead of body panel the slot has to be drilled on to plastic panel.

Makes you wonder why M&M still fixes the camera on bumper.
But, I feel it should ideally be placed on the bumper.

What do you think are the benefits of getting them fixed near the number plate. Is it the best way to do.
Old 5th March 2015, 18:14   #3186
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
What do you think are the benefits of getting them fixed near the number plate. Is it the best way to do.
I have the camera fixed on bumper and also M&M rear crash guard. The crash guard blocks part of the view in display, you can see the same in this pic here. The obstruction is more noticeable in night when light reflects from the guard.

In rainy season camera gets covered in mud soon. This would have a bit better if mounted slightly higher.

Also, drilling a hole in your new cars bumper is not something you look forward to, not to mention the eye - sore of a camera with its off center alignment.
mpksuhas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2015, 18:29   #3187
BHPian

Quote:
I have the camera fixed on bumper and also M&M rear crash guard. The crash guard blocks part of the view in display, you can see the same in this pic here. The obstruction is more noticeable in night when light reflects from the guard.

In rainy season camera gets covered in mud soon. This would have a bit better if mounted slightly higher.

Also, drilling a hole in your new cars bumper is not something you look forward to, not to mention the eye - sore of a camera with its off center alignment.
Yes, I could see the crash guard in the pic.

Ok, anyway they would start working on fixing the cam only tomorrow. Let me try to get that fixed on top of the number plate itself then.

Thanks
Old 5th March 2015, 18:32   #3188
Team-BHP Support

My thoughts are a little different. I think the cam should be where Mahindra installs it now. XUV kind of tall vehicles have a challenge in terms of height and the visibility or rather the lack of it just below the vehicle. A cam at the bumper height gives you a straight carpet view behind your car from a very low level which you will miss out on if your viewing plane is at a height.
Zappo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th March 2015, 18:34   #3189
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo View Post
My thoughts are a little different. I think the cam should be where Mahindra installs it now. XUV kind of tall vehicles have a challenge in terms of height and the visibility or rather the lack of it just below the vehicle. A cam at the bumper height gives you a straight carpet view behind your car from a very low level which you will miss out on if your viewing plane is at a height.
The camera installed in the number plate light unit is always facing downwards and gives an optimum view of the rear. Moreover in vehicles like fortuner the number plate camera allows you to see the end of the bumper which sticks out and you can judge even better.
Vid6639 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th March 2015, 19:23   #3190
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I have the camera fixed on bumper and also M&M rear crash guard. The crash guard blocks part of the view in display, ....

... not to mention the eye - sore of a camera with its off center alignment.
Since you specifically mentioned that its off-center and an eye-sore, sharing the pic of the rear-view camera installed on my car.
Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions-dsc_0030.jpg

Perfectly aligned and hardly noticeable.

Quote:
Ok, anyway they would start working on fixing the cam only tomorrow.
Please see if this camera position is to your liking.

EDIT: With camera mounted on the rear number plate, the wiring is going to be tricky.

Last edited by SDP : 5th March 2015 at 19:26.
SDP is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th March 2015, 20:02   #3191
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Yes. This is the perfect location in current setup I guess. I remember you mentioning this earlier too, however I had to drop the idea of the same since rear guard cannot be fixed in that case.

Also, yes wiring will be bit more complicated for an aftermarket camera fix on number plate.
mpksuhas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2015, 08:24   #3192
Senior - BHPian

Hi guys. I have just got the rear parking camera installed on the rear bumper. It's slightly off centered but when you view it there is n eligible error. Bumper seems to be the best place as of now
ruzbehxyz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2015, 12:26   #3193
BHPian

Quote:
Since you specifically mentioned that its off-center and an eye-sore, sharing the pic of the rear-view camera installed on my car.
Attachment 1346963

Perfectly aligned and hardly noticeable.

EDIT: With camera mounted on the rear number plate, the wiring is going to be tricky.
Thanks SDP, thats for me the most ideal location as myself and my dad are used to a bumper loaded cam. And one thing is that it would be in the center of the car. I have asked the technicians there to get this done on the same place.

Though I already have a larger cam on my rear bumper, the new button cam on the fiber area wouldnt look awkward.

Shall posts pics from the same.

Cheers
Old 6th March 2015, 17:11   #3194
BHPian

Quote:
I asked Sireesh Auto to mount the camera in this location and they gave a lame excuse that it is a fiber part and cannot hold the camera properly. Anyway I did not pursue further and did not install the camera. But I agree, this is the right spot for the camera.

BTW, I have an el-cheapo wide angle lens stuck on the rear glass as the reversing guide.
Old 6th March 2015, 19:08   #3195
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by bejoy View Post
I asked Sireesh Auto to mount the camera in this location and they gave a lame excuse that it is a fiber part and cannot hold the camera properly. Anyway I did not pursue further ...
God knows why, but I have seen M&M service centers very reluctant to install it at the place seen in my snap. I have the camera for 2.5 years now and it has never been loose or came out of its place.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks