Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th January 2012, 01:17   #76
BHPian

Re: Ford 1.4 TDCi Tuning Options

I'd highly recommend EngineCal after my first hand experience of visiting their facility and getting an on-road demo with their Tuning Box.

The people who runs EngineCal are vehicle enthusiasts like us and have professional experience in working with many OEMS in the Diesel Tuning/Calibration industry...

To cut the long story short, they really know what they are doing and the polar opposite of the so-called tuners trying to learn at our expense which we often see in India.

Getting a generic tuning box (Rail Pressure Modulation box) is only one small portion of the puzzle. Tuning it to work its best in harmony with your vehicle's fuel management and your driving style/requirement while still keeping a safety margin is an altogether different ball game. This is where the EngineCal guys excel!!!

Last edited by Digital Vampire : 19th January 2012 at 01:27.
Digital Vampire is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th April 2012, 09:04   #77
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Vampire View Post
I'd highly recommend EngineCal after my first hand experience of visiting their facility and getting an on-road demo with their Tuning Box.
Anyone fitted Enginecal tuning box onto their Fiesta 1.4 Tdci?
Old 27th April 2012, 15:55   #78

Hey guys,

I got a RaceChip tuning kit from Germany. Can anyone let me know where can I get this fixed from in Bangalore. I stay in HSR, any place around?

Thanks.
Old 27th April 2012, 21:01   #79
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by twilitzombie View Post
Hey guys,

I got a RaceChip tuning kit from Germany. Can anyone let me know where can I get this fixed from in Bangalore. I stay in HSR, any place around?

Thanks.
Congrats on the purchase, if you read the instructions provided carefully you can fix it yourself, will take just about 5 minutes only, I've done it on my Figo myself, I went to a workshop and showed it, they quoted 250 bucks to install, I told them to go take a walk and walked out myself , parked the car right outside the workshop, and started installing it myself, believe me, it took less than 5 minutes and all the curious mechancis left what ever they were doing and came out to watch me install..!!
ridinthru' is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th April 2012, 22:18   #80
anb
BHPian

I heard Pete's remap is available for Figo 1.4 TDCi. Cost is Rs 32000.
Old 28th April 2012, 09:00   #81
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anb View Post
Petes is good. But it costs around 46K for the remap and 42 for the Box. I have driven a remaped Figo and would say that the Figo TDCi is at its best with a remap.

A quite practical choice is here
Welcome to Tune-O-Tronics the mobile ecu remapping service, ecu tuning, remaps, performance, economy, fuel, cars.

for more details you could PM Me
Old 28th April 2012, 19:56   #82
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
Petes is good. But it costs around 46K for the remap and 42 for the Box.
When I last spoke to them (3 days before), they quoted Rs.32k for remapping. BTW, do you have any idea on how much T-0-T charges for remapping the Fiesta?
Old 29th April 2012, 11:24   #83

Finally got the RaceChip fixed. I could manage to pull off the engine cap and after that didn't have the right tools to proceed. I took it to a mechanic and was glad I did because it did not seem like I could have done it myself.
Old 12th May 2012, 20:18   #84
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
My Fiesta ECU was remapped by Siddharth of ToT. My primary requirement was to improve the cruising ability at highways. It took somewhere around 2.5 hrs to complete the whole job including two tests drives covering 20-25 kms.

Out of nowhere, Cosworth emerged as a competition (I only pinged them), but ToT guys response & time spent for the customer made me to decide in favor of them

I definitely felt the car much smoother all through the range. Yet to test it out on highways.
Old 29th July 2012, 19:43   #85
Senior - BHPian

Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surprise View Post
Yet to test it out on highways.
Covered around 12,000 kms from the time of remapping. Till date have not faced any issues. Absolutely love the way it drives now. My mileage has increased from 15 kmpl to 16.5 kmpl on highways.
Old 29th July 2012, 19:59   #86
Senior - BHPian

Very interesting indeed, Surprise. What is the torque spread like are the re-map? Has it affected in-town driveability in any way? Please do give us a more detailed account of your experience.

Also, are you running the economized or the powerized tune mentioned on the T-o-T website?

Last edited by MaserQ : 29th July 2012 at 20:04.
Old 29th July 2012, 20:57   #87
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaserQ View Post
Very interesting indeed, Surprise. What is the torque spread like are the re-map? Has it affected in-town driveability in any way? Please do give us a more detailed account of your experience.

Also, are you running the economized or the powerized tune mentioned on the T-o-T website?
Driving Fiesta within city is never a problem & it didn't got affected in any way after the remapping. Infact the driveability got improved...I remember Siddharth recommending to have the HIKE spread even instead of just working on the top side alone. Not sure whether this recommendation was based on what I asked for
Old 5th September 2012, 22:48   #88

Quote:
Originally Posted by twilitzombie View Post
Finally got the RaceChip fixed. I could manage to pull off the engine cap and after that didn't have the right tools to proceed. I took it to a mechanic and was glad I did because it did not seem like I could have done it myself.
So how has your experience been with the RaceChip Can you share positives and negatives of it if any Are you able to not get the RaceChip noticed by your SA

Just curious.
Old 8th September 2012, 17:39   #89
BHPian

Did any of you check this out?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-Figo-1-...item20c929b4a0

Its for the Figo. Is it going to have the same effect on the Fiesta?

Why is there a price difference between the Figo and the Fiesta Pete boxes?

Do these two have different ECUs or are they mapped differently?
Old 8th September 2012, 17:44   #90
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anb View Post
Has anyone checked this one out:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-Figo-1-...item20c929b4a0

This is for the figo but but will it work the same on a Fiesta?

Also, why is there a price difference between the Pete boxes for the Figo and the Fiesta? Are the two engines mapped differently or do they have different ECUs?

AFAIK both engines produce the same power and torque figures so I do think that a Figo piggyback box should be a perfect fit on the Fiesta.

Admins/Tuners... your opinion on this.
speedmunster is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks