Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 22nd July 2015, 11:06   #181
Senior - BHPian

Re: Scoop! Mahindra Thar Facelift spotted testing

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHABHAR.BEHRAM View Post
[b][u]They had to do what they did because the only other choice that they must have had was quietly discontinuing the vehicle which they have avoided for the time being at least
Why would they discontinue? The Quanto sells about 100 nos a month and they are still persisting with that! The Thar sales should be about 5-6 times more than Quanto
Old 22nd July 2015, 11:13   #182
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mallumowgli View Post
Why would they discontinue? The Quanto sells about 100 nos a month and they are still persisting with that! The Thar sales should be about 5-6 times more than Quanto
I think DB meant the Quanto itself.

Even though you missed it, you still got it. All's well that ends well.
Old 22nd July 2015, 11:36   #183
BHPian

Folks the new Thar seems to have a serious Mid Life Crisis!!!

At least the interiors and exteriors suggest so. Why can't Mahindra use the Marshal Platform and get together a 5 door serious daily drive/offroader? with basics like AC and Power steering in Place. Alteast it would have been better bet than to have the cheap chinese plastic looks of a Gurkha.

Seriously if this is the upgrade (Haven't of course gone through the full list) then Mahindras have really lost it.

Wish I had the money, time, energy (in that order) to build a 5 door Thar on a Mahindra Marshall Platform.
Old 22nd July 2015, 11:58   #184
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iMASKARAN View Post
Folks the new Thar seems to have a serious Mid Life Crisis!!!

Wish I had the money, time, energy (in that order) to build a 5 door Thar on a Mahindra Marshall Platform.
Not sure why they'd consider a 5 door jeep when the bolero 4x4 is still available. I don't think they have to do anything to the existing form factor, its a timeless design.

All they needed to do was get some functional upgrades vs these cosmetic ones. But the general public wanting to show off in a jeep may be thinking otherwise and those are the prospective customers who they'd want to milk. It all boils down to numbers in the end.
Old 22nd July 2015, 12:08   #185
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The new Thar seems to have a serious mid life crisis! The interiors and exteriors suggest so. Seriously, if this is the upgrade, then Mahindra have really lost it.
Dear iMASKARAN - please read my today's post. They have an alternative, which is "NO THAR"! They are slowly and steadily moving towards that goal, so the first step is to "lose it", naa? .

People don't need to do anything else because they are smart. They have realized, that they can fill their target sheets without doing actual and real work! They have tools like "presentation culture / business case / budget / timeline" etc. to protect them! When once in 2 months, out of the 3 slides that you submitted, two were thrown out and the third one was edited out of most of its content, what did you expect? Thank your lucky stars that the vehicle is at least there! Oh come on now, this is the vehicle, take it or leave it!

You know, this thingy may actually sell also, most of our great Indian customers are "dhinchak" guys in any case! You and I are in the miniscule minority!

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
DHABHAR.BEHRAM is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2015, 12:13   #186
BHPian

Mod note: Back to back posts, use Multi Quote [Quote +] instead. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amolpol View Post
Not sure why they'd consider a 5 door jeep when the bolero 4x4 is still available. .
@amolpol the Bolero 4x4 has a BS3 engine. can't be registered in major metros as far as I know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHABHAR.BEHRAM View Post
[b][u]
You know, this thingy may actually sell also, most of our great Indian customers are "dhinchak" guys in any case! You and I are in the miniscule minority!
Dear DHABHAR.BEHRAM Sir,

I sincerely hope that keeping this minuscule minority (you and I ) in mind you are conjuring/cooking something in the Tatas. Awaiting with eagerness to the result.

Last edited by Jaggu : 22nd July 2015 at 17:02. Reason: Back to back posts, use Multi Quote [Quote +] instead. Thanks.
Old 22nd July 2015, 12:26   #187
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Dear DHABHAR.BEHRAM;3759513][b][u] Sir,

you are conjuring/cooking something in the Tatas. Awaiting with eagerness to the result.
If the Tata's were any better, we would have seen a glimpse of something from them around this time, given the duration that DB has been away from the Thar makers.
1100D is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2015, 12:34   #188
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Dear DHABHAR.BEHRAM;3759513][b][u] Sir, I sincerely hope that keeping this minuscule minority (you and I ) in mind you are conjuring / cooking something in the Tatas. Awaiting with eagerness to the result.
Dear iMASKARAN - thanks dude! I moved on 4 years back and I am extremely happy working on another class of vehicles, the "multi-axle monsters" as I call them! They help build and enhance the value of lives of customers who operate them and they also pay me my salary at the end of the day! However, God is indeed great, miracles are known to happen, let's see, it always helps to be optimistic! Great things come out of great teams working for a larger cause which is much more than just a product! .

Dear dude (you called me just now) - I've already forgotten the past, I've no time for the past in my life! Thanks yaar, don't worry, its not worth it! .

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
DHABHAR.BEHRAM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2015, 14:08   #189
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by navpreet318 View Post
Someone posted this on a Facebook group. I am shocked!!!
This was forced on them due to some CMVR/ARAI regulation. The steel bumper sits underneath unmolested, so you can remove this and keep it inverted to grow plants in the garden and install a winch bumper .

Besides the sloping canopy, front plastic bumper & beige color, I for one am quiet happy with the interiors.

The wider wheel arch helps when you put offset alloys. In my case mud keeps splashing inside the vehicle. All after market replacement ones are about 13K.

I like the 3 ring dials for the IP cluster. I like the center console, and better seats. They should have stuck with a black/dark grey theme though...

I like the fact that it has a defogger ..
Old 22nd July 2015, 14:37   #190
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
This was forced on them due to some CMVR/ARAI regulation. The steel bumper sits underneath unmolested, so you can remove this and keep it inverted to grow plants in the garden and install a winch bumper .

Besides the sloping canopy, front plastic bumper & beige color, I for one am quiet happy with the interiors.

The wider wheel arch helps when you put offset alloys. In my case mud keeps splashing inside the vehicle. All after market replacement ones are about 13K.

I like the 3 ring dials for the IP cluster. I like the center console, and better seats. They should have stuck with a black/dark grey theme though...

I like the fact that it has a defogger ..
Now if only it has a proper driver seating position(not off center), it would be worth looking at again. Bumpers etc., can be changed, but seating position, not so much!
Old 22nd July 2015, 15:05   #191
BHPian

Good news folks. The new facelift Thar has been unveiled before its launch today. Changes include a new look front bumper and new rear bumpers. All new interiors with new instrument cluster which looks neat. The gear lever looks similar to the one on the new gen Scorpio and the circular AC vents with silver accents looks modern. HVAC controls, steering wheel and indicator stalks are uplifted from the Bolero. Same engine options are carried over.

Scoop! Mahindra Thar Facelift spotted testing-mahindratharfacelift1.jpg

Scoop! Mahindra Thar Facelift spotted testing-mahindratharfacelift2.jpg

Scoop! Mahindra Thar Facelift spotted testing-mahindratharfacelift4.jpg

Scoop! Mahindra Thar Facelift spotted testing-mahindratharfacelift5.jpg

Scoop! Mahindra Thar Facelift spotted testing-mahindratharfaceliftenginebay.jpg

Scoop! Mahindra Thar Facelift spotted testing-mahindratharfaceliftrearaxle.jpg

Scoop! Mahindra Thar Facelift spotted testing-mahindratharfaceliftrear.jpg

Source:
http://www.motoroids.com/news/2015-m...ays-unveiling/

Mod Note : It is now imperative for you to upload pictures directly to the Team-BHP Server. Click here to view our pictorial help article on uploading pics.

Please submit images ONLY via the Team-BHP Attachment System.

Last edited by moralfibre : 23rd July 2015 at 08:44.
karthick_b is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2015, 15:15   #192
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
The bumper was forced on them due to some CMVR/ARAI regulation. You can remove this bumper and keep it inverted to grow plants in the garden. I like the fact that it has a defogger.
Dear 4*4 addict - obviously the bumper is a CMVR requirement but it could have been prettier! This one screams "no care" attitude which I don't digest, more so because they have all the talent and the facilities to do what needs to be done, but they just did "something"! The bumper in the original model was bolted on, the vendor was based in Marol Mumbai, he was on his way out in any case (poor fellow) so that bumper will not be there inside. You'll get the dirty looking pipe which is the front cross member of the chassis. Defogger is also a CMVR item in the M1 homologation category!

Ever seen a red and ripe boiled beetroot with superheated steam coming out of its ears? I'm lovin' it! Hahaha! Enjoy!

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
DHABHAR.BEHRAM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2015, 15:35   #193
BHPian

Did anyone notice the price list available on Mahindra Thar's official website?

Below is a screen shot showing the price list for the state of Karnataka. The price seems to have increased by almost one lakh!

Scoop! Mahindra Thar Facelift spotted testing-thar-price-list.png

Source: http://www.mahindrathar.com/mahindra-thar-price.aspx
PreethamB is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2015, 16:00   #194
udy
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PreethamB View Post
Did anyone notice the price list available on Mahindra Thar's official website?===========
Not a lakh but around 60K, if I am not wrong. The old prices were around 7.79 ex showroom.
Old 22nd July 2015, 16:01   #195
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PreethamB View Post
The price seems to have increased by almost one lakh!
Plastic must be expensive, considering there are no major mechanical changes apparent.
Steeroid is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks