Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th April 2015, 16:08   #91
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Scoop! Mahindra Thar Facelift spotted testing

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharc_biker View Post
The spied front pictures suggest an upgraded front bumper.
In this pic it looks as if the Jeep is drooping down at the B-pillar - due to the window lines. Maybe it's the angle of this pic.

Scoop! Mahindra Thar Facelift spotted testing-152773.jpg
Old 13th April 2015, 16:03   #92
BHPian

Hi guys!
Have had the pleasure to go for a longish drive from chandigarh to amritsar and back on a friends new thar! It may be a figment of my imagination but i feel the new soft top design with slanted form factor results in much less wind noise and flapping of the canopy!
Can there be some explanation for the same or was it just my mind playing games!
P.s. Also I personally have grown from hating the new slanted canopy to loving it and missing it on all the old thars ��
Old 13th April 2015, 21:13   #93
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Have had the pleasure to go for a longish drive from chandigarh to amritsar and back on a friends new thar!
New like the one spied ? I was at Chandigarh dealer today and they have no clue or don't want to share anything . Do you have some photo's ?
Old 13th April 2015, 23:10   #94
Senior - BHPian

The Jeep Wrangler TJ went from a simple front bumper to the revised front bumper extending all the up to the fenders.

I think MM has done a similar job with the new front bumper of the Thar.

Attached photos of TJ shows the transformation from a simple front open bumper to the extended closed bumper.
Attached Thumbnails
Scoop! Mahindra Thar Facelift spotted testing-jeepwrangler_1997_800x600_wallpaper_03.jpg  

Scoop! Mahindra Thar Facelift spotted testing-jeep20wrangler20tj2002.jpg  

Parm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th April 2015, 10:52   #95
Distinguished - BHPian

Dear Parm - the Great Satan rearing its head again Parm, CMVR Zindabad! I hope they do it in such a way that it is a bolt-on, otherwise the timeless shape is finished!

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Old 14th April 2015, 21:52   #96
Senior - BHPian

Dear Beloved Bawa Ji, even the wrangler TJ has a bolt on removable front plastic bumper to go back to the simple single frame.

I hope it is what you want it to be, a bolt on!
Parm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th April 2015, 07:29   #97
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
New like the one spied ? I was at Chandigarh dealer today and they have no clue or don't want to share anything . Do you have some photo's ?
AFAIK All the new thars being delivered are having slanted roofs. My friends thar was delivered in march. I ll try and get back with the pics.
Old 15th April 2015, 21:08   #98
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcroadster View Post
AFAIK All the new thars being delivered are having slanted roofs. My friends thar was delivered in march. I ll try and get back with the pics.
If you see the spy pictures, there are a number of changes, from the slanted roof to the dash, bumper etc. Only the slanted roof has made it to production so far. All other changes are yet to be launched.
Old 15th April 2015, 22:35   #99
BHPian

Sigh..I am holding onto my trusted ol' 550.
That new Thar looks plain goofy.

Dhabar sahib - any idea if the Xenon is being released as an SWB 4WD?
Old 16th April 2015, 11:40   #100
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lugnut View Post
That new Thar looks plain goofy.
Dear Lugnut - this had to happen! Sad! I've closed this chapter.

I am enjoying what I love most, which is working on vehicles in the company where I work! .

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Old 16th April 2015, 12:42   #101
AWD
BHPian

I find no fault with the slanted roof. Have seen many people getting it retro done from outside, they kindoff look better than the earlier boxy design. Thar has to go through many changes still to shed the crudeness.
AWD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2015, 12:21   #102
BHPian

I recently test drove a Thar Crde. There was a weird sound coming from the under body as if the drivetrain was broken. The acceleration was good. Turbo came in early. Steering was as usual, off center. Gear shift was from the 80's era. I don't know if it was an issue in that particular vehicle, but it was a dampener. Trust me, it required considerable force to shift. The brakes were good though. Steering also felt nice to use. The AC worked fine for the duration of the TD. The soft top makes a lot of noise after 40 km/h. Seems impractically designed/built.

Overall, the vehicle is ridiculously overpriced. No amount of reasoning can convince me to pay 8.75 OTR for it. It should be priced at around 6 Lacs(OTR) at the most. This is because there seems hardly any input or refinement in the vehicle. Now people will catch the word "refinement" and start preaching that it is a vehicle for rugged taste/ for project platform etc., but I don't care. I also don't care about the monopoly. If I have to pay 8.75 L OTR, it has to offer something. The asking price is not justified. It is like extortion. Period.

I have written nothing that has not been written before.
nirdayitantrik is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th April 2015, 23:50   #103
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nirdayitantrik View Post
I recently test drove a Thar Crde. There was a weird sound coming from the under body as if the drivetrain was broken. The acceleration was good. Turbo came in early. Steering was as usual, off center. Gear shift was from the 80's era. I don't know if it was an issue in that particular vehicle, but it was a dampener. Trust me, it required considerable force to shift. The brakes were good though. Steering also felt nice to use. The AC worked fine for the duration of the TD. The soft top makes a lot of noise after 40 km/h. Seems impractically designed/built.

Overall, the vehicle is ridiculously overpriced. No amount of reasoning can convince me to pay 8.75 OTR for it. It should be priced at around 6 Lacs(OTR) at the most. This is because there seems hardly any input or refinement in the vehicle. Now people will catch the word "refinement" and start preaching that it is a vehicle for rugged taste/ for project platform etc., but I don't care. I also don't care about the monopoly. If I have to pay 8.75 L OTR, it has to offer something. The asking price is not justified. It is like extortion. Period.

I have written nothing that has not been written before.

It is unfair to say that Thar is overpriced
Nowhere in the world an SUV is made available with 2.5 Lt CRDe engine, Power Steering, 4WD and with such power and torque as Thar got at 8.4 Lakhs

No offence, but Thar offers a lot more than the actaul target market of Thar ever hoped for. I have been driving one for almost an year now and it rocks. It will take you to places where most cars wont. It offers such comfort on the road (when I take it occasionally for highway rides), steady at 90 to 100km/hr speeds..

But if you feel its over-priced you may have to settle for Quanto or similar.

There cannot be an SUV as cheap as Thar and as capable. Force Gurkha might be a distant second.
Renjith_Mani is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th April 2015, 07:03   #104
BANNED

Hi,

I brought my first Thar CRDe in 2011 and second one in 2014. Build another NGCS by 2014.

May be its a love where one cannot put money in between.Thar CRDe is a scorpio in disguise.
Attached Thumbnails
Scoop! Mahindra Thar Facelift spotted testing-screen-shot-20150425-6.57.10-am.png  

Scoop! Mahindra Thar Facelift spotted testing-screen-shot-20150425-6.56.38-am.png  

Attached Images

Rajith is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 1st May 2015, 13:45   #105
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajith View Post
Hi,

I brought my first Thar CRDe in 2011 and second one in 2014. Build another NGCS by 2014.

May be its a love where one cannot put money in between.Thar CRDe is a scorpio in disguise.
Rajith sir , did you put a hard top on your Thar ? From where did you get it done ?
Can we have some more pictures and your review regarding the quality,fit and finish ?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks