Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th May 2011, 22:47   #316
Senior - BHPian

Re: I found The Hulk - WILLYS CJ3B

Quote:
Originally Posted by S@~+#0$# View Post
Hi Shubz,
Did Mr.Sajjad have an AC fuel pump? I already have one but dont mind a spare. Pls PM me his number and also what was he expecting for it?

Your restoration is coming up very well. Let us meet sometime when your jeep is back. I live in Vijayanagar - quite close to where you live(from your post)
S@~+#0$# sir - it was an AC pump. Even I don't mind a spare, I am seeing him again tomorrow as I had asked him for a cluster speedometer.

He asked me how much I paid for mine, I said 1.5k for which he said "aaah" which I am sure is less than what he was wanting to quote. But worth a try. I will PM you his number.

Meet up anytime sir. I live in BSK 2nd stage. My jeep is back now and am using it for my friday office drives (weather gods permitting)

am looking out for a wiper unit as well. besides stuff like glass parking lens, original tail lamps, black out lamps etc.

Saif bhai said he'd look out for a speedo (but I wouldn't mind hanging on to a spare one - you never know, any Jeeping brother may need it)

(am giving Pavan sir an anticipating look too)

Last edited by Shubz : 25th May 2011 at 22:48.
Old 26th May 2011, 16:28   #317
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
You guys created so much fuss about a Jeep fuel pump.

All it takes is 1 week to get hold of it...Yours truly holding it.
Hey Pavan, what you have in your hands is a FP for a WW2 jeep. Notice the tickle. These usually came with metal bowls. is the one you have new or used?

Its a perfect fit in all petrol jeeps but period correct for a WW2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubz View Post
am looking out for a wiper unit as well. besides stuff like glass parking lens, original tail lamps, black out lamps etc.

Saif bhai said he'd look out for a speedo (but I wouldn't mind hanging on to a spare one - you never know, any Jeeping brother may need it)
I have a fix on the parking light lens (infact its going to come with the full unit) and speedo which may be missing the fuel or temp gauges. will call you once I have them in hand.
Attari is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th May 2011, 17:10   #318
BANNED

Quote:
(am giving Pavan sir an anticipating look too)
Hi Shubz,

This one is going into a 1942 Ford GPW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Attari View Post
Hey Pavan, what you have in your hands is a FP for a WW2 jeep. Notice the tickle. These usually came with metal bowls. is the one you have new or used?

Its a perfect fit in all petrol jeeps but period correct for a WW2.
You are right.

This is indeed going into a WW2 jeep, a 1942 Ford GPW

The tickle is there for the priming purpose i believe.

The one i am holding is NOS.
Old 26th May 2011, 18:05   #319
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
Hi Shubz,

This one is going into a 1942 Ford GPW

You are right.

This is indeed going into a WW2 jeep, a 1942 Ford GPW

The tickle is there for the priming purpose i believe.

The one i am holding is NOS.
Pavan - I for sure wasn't eyeing the pump. Was looking at you with a forlorn face for the other stuff (just in case you have stacked it somewhere in your attic)

BTW - the FP is an awesome catch! Mind telling me where is the goldmine?
Old 1st June 2011, 01:58   #320
Senior - BHPian

Small niggle - Tail pipe (after the muffler) gone loose. Got spark plug cables from ebay.
Attached Thumbnails
I found The Hulk - WILLYS CJ3B-sparkplug-cables.jpg  

Old 1st June 2011, 22:52   #321
Senior - BHPian

Tail pipe brazed back in place.
I found The Hulk - WILLYS CJ3B-20110601_001.jpg

New cables installed.
I found The Hulk - WILLYS CJ3B-20110601_002.jpg
Old 25th July 2011, 19:06   #322
Senior - BHPian

Toying with the idea of changing the seating from the current 60:40 to double seater.

Picture courtesy Chanu Hope you don't mind me posting pics of your jeep.

Any suggestions on,

1) Did a 65 Willys ever roll out with individual seats at the front?
2) Any maker in Bangalore?
3) Anybody got ones to sell?
4) Easy fit or got to do a lot of stuff to get it in there.

Thanks in advance.
Attached Thumbnails
I found The Hulk - WILLYS CJ3B-seat1.jpg  

I found The Hulk - WILLYS CJ3B-seat2.jpg  

Old 26th August 2011, 22:49   #323
Senior - BHPian

Some insulation from the heat and a new hood welt! I am still hoping someone would reply to my previous post.

Oops the pic is turned 90 deg as clicked. sorry about that. Did anybody notice the clear "GLASS" lens for parking lights?
Attached Thumbnails
I found The Hulk - WILLYS CJ3B-20110826_001.jpg  

Old 26th August 2011, 23:10   #324
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Toying with the idea of changing the seating from the current 60:40 to double seater.

Picture courtesy Chanu Hope you don't mind me posting pics of your jeep.

Any suggestions on,

1) Did a 65 Willys ever roll out with individual seats at the front?
2) Any maker in Bangalore?
3) Anybody got ones to sell?
4) Easy fit or got to do a lot of stuff to get it in there.

Thanks in advance.
No issues from my side posting the pictures Shubz as long as it is used for good. As far as I know the Willys 1965 did not come with two individual seat atleast in civilian models, it was always three seating arrangement mounted on the body than the legs extending till the floor, as I am not an expert this is my understanding experts may clarify.

I am not sure about anybody making in Banglore but here in Hyderabad there are plenty of them, seconds would not be available as your jeep doesn't come with a tool box under drivers seat in RHD jeep and in LHD jeep it is the companion seat hence both the seats leg length should be same I can get it done if you want by my denter but would need the height and you have to get the final adjustment by someone in Banglore as it will not be straight pick and fit kind. Let me know if you are interested.

Last edited by chanu : 26th August 2011 at 23:12.
Old 26th August 2011, 23:19   #325
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanu View Post
No issues from my side posting the pictures Shubz as long as it is used for good. As far as I know the Willys 1965 did not come with two individual seat atleast in civilian models, it was always three seating arrangement mounted on the body than the legs extending till the floor, as I am not an expert this is my understanding experts may clarify.

I am not sure about anybody making in Banglore but here in Hyderabad there are plenty of them, seconds would not be available as your jeep doesn't come with a tool box under drivers seat in RHD jeep and in LHD jeep it is the companion seat hence both the seats leg length should be same I can get it done if you want by my denter but would need the height and you have to get the final adjustment by someone in Banglore as it will not be straight pick and fit kind. Let me know if you are interested.
Thank you Chanu. I was in two minds if I should go for such seating. I know the original seating is the 3 seater arrangement. I was (still am) in two minds if I should go for the two seater arrangement. Cos once the rains are through I intend to take the canvas off and wondering if it'd still have the "looks"
Old 27th August 2011, 00:18   #326
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thank you Chanu. I was in two minds if I should go for such seating. I know the original seating is the 3 seater arrangement. I was (still am) in two minds if I should go for the two seater arrangement. Cos once the rains are through I intend to take the canvas off and wondering if it'd still have the "looks"
If I were you I will prefer two individual seat, the 3 seating arrangement wouldn't go along with a Jeep enthusiast those all are for more passenger transporting purposes, our jeeps are meant for maximum 4 people two in the front and two on the rear center seat that's it. I would advise you to go for two individual seats as it will have enough space between the driver and the passenger seat.

If you are not looking at originality then you can opt for bucket seats also where you get the benefit of seat belts though you can fit in the old individual seats also.
Old 27th August 2011, 00:22   #327
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanu View Post
If I were you I will prefer two individual seat, the 3 seating arrangement wouldn't go along with a Jeep enthusiast those all are for more passenger transporting purposes, our jeeps are meant for maximum 4 people two in the front and two on the rear center seat that's it. I would advise you to go for two individual seats as it will have enough space between the driver and the passenger seat.

If you are not looking at originality then you can opt for bucket seats also where you get the benefit of seat belts though you can fit in the old individual seats also.
Dont mind compromising on the originality as far going for two seater is concerned. but not to the extent of going "bucket"

I had someone even suggest to go for Older model Omni seats but I am a bit of a Jeep enthusiast and originality is what I am after, so would go for the 2 seater arrangement only if I get original/replica Jeep seats.

Mind telling me what it'd cost? (shipping et al?)
Old 26th September 2011, 19:21   #328
BHPian

Hi Shuz, how is your your CJ3B Hulk? Lots of work has gone in. Updates please.

-Karumbaiah
Old 4th October 2011, 18:38   #329
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karumbaiah View Post
Hi Shuz, how is your your CJ3B Hulk? Lots of work has gone in. Updates please.

-Karumbaiah
Lots of work? What work? I have only been asking/inquiring about possible stuff. The only update that has gone out (not gone in) is the Hulk is now topless!

Still looking for CJ3B rims (discs)
Still looking for the cluster speedometer console.
Old 28th November 2011, 22:47   #330
Senior - BHPian

Finally after a long time, the Hulk goes under the knife! er.. Brush!
Attached Thumbnails
I found The Hulk - WILLYS CJ3B-imag0062.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks