Team-BHP > Announcements
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th February 2019, 18:22   #196
Senior - BHPian

Re: Celebrating 15 years of doing it DIFFERENTLY : Happy Birthday, Team-BHP!

Congratulations on the CRYSTAL ANNIVERSARY T-Bhp and team. Proudness isn't the fact that I am a member of T-bhp, but of the fact that, it's a treasure-trove of what-is and to-be, and the cleanliness and uniqueness of it as a whole. Hope to see them Silver and Golden coming in.

Don't give up on the forum maintenance which has and will always be a key differentiating factor. Kudos!

Cheers!
VJ
VijayAnand1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2019, 18:26   #197
BHPian

Happy 15th Team-BHP, looking forward to the 150th ! (though most of us will not be alive to see that milestone)

I have learnt a lot from the forum, some of the important ones are:-
1. Planning Road Trips, including places to visit, overnight stops, fuelling, eating, etc
2. Tinkering around with my Polo & Passat - adding features with the VCDS
3. Service Managers at various Authorized Service Stations really respect members of Team-BHP as they have good knowledge of their cars. I also find that they tend not to fool around with us.
4. A lot of DIY's posted
5. Miscellaneous articles of interest posted regularly
6. Making new friends on the forum.

Congratulations to GTO and all the people responsible for this unique, exciting and informative forum.
rpunwani is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th February 2019, 18:36   #198
BHPian

Reading through the posts I could feel what a great journey it must have been from a handful to thousands.

Truly an incredible feat & nothing less than a dream if one looks back at 2004.

I'm more than glad to be a part of TEAM-BHP. It's been a short while since I've been a TBHPian but the ride has been nothing less than Phenomenal.

There's just so so much gained in terms of:
1. Knowledge: Every time you want to spread your expertise/knowledge on this forum, you happen to take back tons of learnings with yourself. It's been an ocean of learning whose depths have been fathomless.

2. Community Aspect: That sense of belongingness is second to none. Well, I've myself got to know so many fellow TBHPians - In Person/ over IM / Over Posts/ Over FB etc. - As a result of our TBHP Community. Bonding is really strong.

3. Endless Fun, Drives, Meets: When you're one family, you do things together & it stays that way.

Wishing Each one out there a VERY HAPPY 15th BIRTHDAY & Many Many more to come
catchdoon is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th February 2019, 18:40   #199
Distinguished - BHPian

Happy birthday T-BHP! What a fantastic story of the journey! TBHP has gifted me a lot of good friends, like minded people, opened my mind to all sides of a debate, tonnes of knowledge- not limited only to cars, and has obviously helped me maintain them and save a lot of money as well (expenses like GPS, dashcams, alloys, TPMS, etc not withstanding )

I have, without a doubt, received in multiples of what I have given to TBHP. Thank you Team-BHP. Wish you a very happy 15th.

A few things that I must add which makes us unique:

1. No mumbo jumbo posts here. Most other forums have posts which look like a whatsapp chat to me- both content wise and lingo wise. TBHP is such a relief and I feel at home here.

2. We are not just limited to cars! I am sure that our shifting gears forum is a complete general stuff forum in itself. Cooking, gardening, parenting, schooling, jobs, home furnishing, home appliances...just think of it and there is a long discussion already there.

3. TBHP reviews: One word (actually three)- one stop solution. You don't need any other review. Its that comprehensive. In fact, some of the points you will discover after driving the car for months!

Keep prospering TBHP. My best wishes.

Regards,
Saket

Last edited by saket77 : 14th February 2019 at 18:41.
saket77 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 14th February 2019, 18:46   #200
BHPian

A very happy birthday Team Bhp. As a member has rightly pointed out, team bhp is the first thing I look for in the morning. The in-depth new car reviews and various hot threads quench my fix for all things automotive. Never feel the need to buy auto mags any more. The team bhp stickers on vehicles I cross on highways makes me feel connected. The standards that the moderates adhere to, make the content all the more special. Keep up the good work guys.
sharad_kmc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2019, 18:54   #201
Team-BHP Support

A Very Happy Birthday Team-BHP . The only place online where I prefer to spend and that I can spend constructively, be it reading a plethora of topics or travelogues and of course about anything on wheels.

Thanks to our dear moderators for taking out time [managing the forum] and to the BHP-ians who have made what Team-BHP is.

Thanks everyone and especially GTO.
Sheel is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 14th February 2019, 19:02   #202
BHPian

Happy 15th Team-BHP

This has to be the most real, day to day, practical review of vehicles down to the smallest detail; Especially in todays world where features rule the market and manufacturers use it to lure customers into the door, this forum has given us actual facts, good or bad of any vehicle which can be trusted. i have stopped following the likes of big brand magazines(and their websites) ever since i found Team-BHP. I'd say that the people that own the car and live with it have a better understanding of it than the manufacturer itself and that information can only be provided from the members of this forum. Heres to many more years of happy Motoring/ Reviewing.
One:1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th February 2019, 19:07   #203
Senior - BHPian

Happy Birthday TEAM-BHP. 15 years of pure, unbiased review & knowledge base, surely a commendable feat.

Feels nice & proud to be a part of this community.

PS: Never noticed till today that my association with this forum has been around 9 yrs.
samsag12 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2019, 19:17   #204
BHPian

Happy 15th Anniversary!

Congratulations to GTO and all others who have put in the hard work to establish the most popular automotive forum that we can think of .

A small request to members of this forum on this occasion. Please do post your opinions freely even if they are against the tide that the thread is flowing.

Do not have the herd mentality and continue in the same direction that the opening post takes. Oh no! If I post something opposite now how will the others take it?

Obviously I am only talking about some threads as I have not gone through all the humongous information available here.
Nalin1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th February 2019, 19:21   #205
BHPian

Wow. Happy Birthday Team-BHP!

Congratulations to GTO and the other Mods who started Team-BHP!.

What a Thread, GTO sir! I recall, I was fresh out of engineering in 2004 and started reading the posts and threads.

I also recall, I got rejected the first time and getting approved the second some was nothing short of a celebration for me.

The strengths you've mentioned that sets this platform apart is indeed remarkable.

I used this forum to buy my first car, the Hyundai i20 and again looked at the forum for inputs to buy a car when I shifted to the US ( deputation )

As you said, there isn't probably anything that is not covered. This is a knowledge bank that has grown exponentially with all the inputs from the gurus, experts and common folks ( like me )

Great going !

Cheers to wishing Team-BHP and the mods for all the efforts and commitment to nurture this platform, to where it is.
nikhilarni is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2019, 19:28   #206
BHPian

Happy Birthday to Us !!!

I discovered this forum somewhere around 2007 -2008. I got admitted as a member only in 2015. Till then I was a, not so casual, visitor.

I was earlier surprised how the language used in the forum was quite standard. There were very few errors and I used to wonder if the Mods actually spent time for this.

Then in 2015, some of my friends in our Volvo group (and Team BHP members) coaxed me to join the forum. All doubts where dispelled once I came to the membership page. There was indeed a 'language barrier' to be crossed and the mods are pretty serious about it too. Nevertheless, armed with this knowledge, and sticking to the rules, I was able to get through in the first attempt. I would like to thank the Mods for that. And for the occasional pointing out of errors subsequently.

This keeps this forum attractive to read and is what sets this apart from other forums. It also gives it some credibility.

Its' been a long relationship since I joined. I've had help from and was able to give advice to a lot of members since joining. This I feel is the core of this forum. Not only providing an outlet for letting out some automotive steam (excuse the pun), but also to engage in discussion (automotive and non automotive) with 38000+ members from all walks of life.

May this forum stay true to it's spirit for many more years to come.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 14th February 2019 at 20:21. Reason: Minor typo. :P
psispace is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th February 2019, 20:14   #207
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations to the entire team ! I am proud to be a 12 year old member here knowing dozens of seniors personally, interacting with them on multiple things. I also got some excellent life long friends through this forum. There is no other forum which can equal to this magnitude by any standard or rating. Let me mention couple of them whom I knew personally but no longer with us :

Sam inspired me so much, I even got out of my original field and did commercial photography for 2 years, covering 70 creative weddings and 30+ other commercial works in India and Gulf. He was an eye opener for what I was doing with my life. RIP Sam, you will be always missed.

Gurudutt (GD) was a soulmate kind of friend for me right from my first interaction with him through PM here. The tea and snacks we had together outside Delhi airport is so vivid in my memory, he was such a kind hearted man who always inspired. RIP GD saab.

100s of Team Bhpians I interacted through my Fiesta thread, X1 thread, Non-Auto image thread, Audio Mods thread, Tire Mods thread, Travelogues, Routes, Hotels, the list is never ending. I personally met more than 50 members at different cities. All of them became part of my life. I felt a virtual family around me always. It was always a comfort zone to feel someone is always there when I need a help.

Thanks a ton to the super mods and everyone in the team. There is no words to express my gratitude for maintaining such a clean, useful forum for life.

Congratulations once again, wishing to see the Silver Jubilee and Golden in my lifetime itself
Celebrating 15 years of doing it DIFFERENTLY : Happy Birthday, Team-BHP!-_sha1566.jpg
shajufx is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 14th February 2019, 20:29   #208
BHPian

Happy 15th Team-BHP!

Having found this forum in 2008, and tried to enroll / register myself (with a very casual approach, I admit) was rejected.

Though never left visiting it, even at that point I did not own any automobile. Used to ride on my uncle's CD 100 SS.

Bought my first car in 2013, and the only place I looked for opinions was Team-BHP. At that point also, didn't think of registering myself - (Once bitten, twice shy)

Now being a proud member (yes I am) for last 2+ years, Team-BHP page is a bookmark on both my laptops! Not exaggerating, but unless I skim through the website, my day doesn't finish.

Best wishes and many more to come!

Live Cars, Love Cars (quite literally)
DBeast is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th February 2019, 20:50   #209
Senior - BHPian

Hearty congratulations to Team-BHP! Among various aspects that one can list, the following really stand out for me in this forum
  • A forum made up of discerning enthusiasts who walk the talk when it comes to safe practices - A rare gem in Indian context.
  • Attention to detail - the 'small but significant things' section of the official review is akin to first hand experience after months of ownership.
  • Forum rules are to be followed - This is the greatest achievement after 15 years I feel, not having diluted the spirit of the forum. Not even German marques stuck to their aura of quality this well for this long
GeeTee TSI is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th February 2019, 20:54   #210
BHPian

Happy B'day Team-BHP! Never does a day go by where the domain is not visited. I'm addicted...and there's no way in hell I want to cure it!
Shome is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks