Team-BHP - You know you are addicted to Team-BHP when ...
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Announcements (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/announcements/)
-   -   You know you are addicted to Team-BHP when ... (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/announcements/2163-you-know-you-addicted-team-bhp-when-57.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Traveller Nayak (Post 3396270)
TBHP grows on you.

You are not addicted to TBHP.

You become a part of TBHP and TBHP becomes a part of you.

Happily married.

2 months and I am happy to add: 1/ when you are driving you keep an eye for cars having Team BHP stickers. 2/ when at a parking lot you still keep looking for cars having Team BHP stickers.

I knew it-

When you start discussing torque and power at parties or office discussion.You start explaining your better half what is RPM,when you are well aware of how many scratches exists on your.You start visiting auto shops for no god damn reason and splurge on air filters,oil filters,waxes,polishses etc. Last but not the least you gift your self a roots windtone horn on your 36th birthday.Your family memebers run post to pillar seeking divine intervention for your betterment,its a foregone conclusion that your are a addicted to this wonderful portal.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Traveller Nayak (Post 3418188)
2 months and I am happy to add: 1/ when you are driving you keep an eye for cars having Team BHP stickers. 2/ when at a parking lot you still keep looking for cars having Team BHP stickers.

And when you bump into someone whose ride sports a T-BHP sticker, you ask him his or her handle on the portal and when you are in an auto shop, you drop in a line saying you are a member and feel that grin appear on your face when the shop keeper speaks to you with new respect. clap:

It is one addiction that does no harm rather it emancipates our automotive knowledge with something new every minute, every hour and every day. I feel addicted to team bhp when I go on reading the yetiblogs. Continuous hours can pass by and I don't feel tired at all when I surf this forum.

My addiction to this forum can be further understood with help of these points that I posted on Team-bhp and wives thread.

Quote:

1) After 10:30pm no personal talks, it will be Tbhp from there on.

2) While typing the post; it should be well understood that you will not disturb me as it may lead to an infraction for spelling mistakes. For every infraction received by me, your monthly pocket expense shall be cut by a 1000 rupees.

3) In the event of any type expense that needs to be done on your shopping, it will be only considered once I am logged out of the forum. (Which probably may happen in the rarest of the rear cases)

4) For a Team bhp meet you will be provided a notice of 24 hours. Do your make-up at the speed of 100 km/h so that we are in time and do not miss it. I can miss your TV soap but not the meet.

5) After coming back from work there shall be discussion of team bhp forum over the dinner table irrespective whether you cook Chinese, Japense, Indian or African dishes.

6) After marriage, Please learn driving, because if I am browsing the forum or involved with it then it will be your duty to pick up the kids from school/ coaching class.

Thanks

AD

When you check out empty spaces on your new car for adding T-BHP stickers, before buying it.

Also, when you close your browser and decide to study/work, and end up back on it within 15 minutes.

Counting the number of T-BHP stickered cars you see on the road. The more, the merrier!

For me, the sign of addiction is
a) Hit the site first thing in the morning
b) Hit the site last thing at night
c) At work, continuously refresh new posts, new topics and messages in the hope that there's something new to read about and writ on
d) When driving , think about the day's interesting posts
e) When not thinking, keep an eye out for the TBHP sticker on someone else's car
f) When travelling long distance, hit the site on your mobile app - just to ensure you are not left behind on the trail

and much much more... :)

I'm the new one to get hooked to team Bhp. It's getting crazier day by day.
I have all the symptoms mentioned in the above post, I am in love :p

I have got addicted to Team BHP

My symptoms are

When I wake up I visit teambhp. It is the first website which I visit.

Then as day progresses, I take my mobile and keep visiting teambhp in intervals of 30 minutes :P I know that's crazy.

And before I go to sleep, I just check if any new replies have been made in response to my posts.

Thank you

All true!! The time I'm posting this itself indicates the addiction levels! :-)

1) You start your day by logging into Team-BHP website.
2) You keep hitting F5 button on a sneaky hidden window whilst at work away from the prying eyes of your colleagues , hoping to catch up on the latest update of an article you have been religiously following, whilst pretending to be deeply engrossed at work with a ready to bite if disturbed look on your face.
3) Suddenly start planning your holidays based on fellow bhpian's travelogues , much to the annoyance of the better half whose requests for holidays at the same locations were previously brushed off as uninteresting.
4) Start missing India more whenever there is a T-BHP meet in your city and you so desperately wish that you were there .
5) Do not get annoyed any more with wifey as she watches some dramatic soap on TV , silently hoping that it gets dragged on so that you can spend more time on the T-BHP website without feeling guilty about ignoring her.
6)When logging off the website is your last action of the day before hitting bed absolutely dead tired.

Absolutely mesmerised by the forum , a rocking place and a wonderful feeling to know that you are part of a special bunch .

When some random guy in your office sees you came in a car with a sticker, asks the driver about where you sit, comes and finds you, introduces self as a minion somewhere in the system, then proceeds to interrogate you about turbochargers, supercharges, and dare I say this - dynamic dampener control, whereby making your grey cells run for cover without any visible rain.

Thanks, when you know you are addicted, perhaps so is he.

....my registration request was rejected 25 times over last 8 years and still it remained the most browsed site for me.

when you add site:team-bhp.com to your google queries

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leoshashi (Post 3476034)
....my registration request was rejected 25 times over last 8 years and still it remained the most browsed site for me.

I know of friends who have been trying for a while now, but I guess you may be the one who tried the maximum. Good to see you finally 'cracked' the entrance exam. lol: