Team-BHP - You know you are addicted to Team-BHP when ...
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Announcements (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/announcements/)
-   -   You know you are addicted to Team-BHP when ... (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/announcements/2163-you-know-you-addicted-team-bhp-when-54.html)

When your PC desktop wallpaper has Team-BHP instead of your favourite picture.

I was in a mall where Renault Duster was displayed for promos. The sales executive was blaberring about Dusters qualities such as why it is better off roader than Safari & Scorpio, etc. Then he told he was owner of team-bhp. I was shocked and my blood was boiling. I shouted at him and warned him that he was misguiding the public about Dusters capabilities and he being the owner of team-bhp and that he will face legal action from the real owners.
Suddenly I found that I was in a dark room lying on a bed. That's when I realised I was dreaming.

Not too long ago, I attended a series of interviews for a developer techie's role at a reputed company. After 4 gruelling technical rounds spanning 2-3 hours, there was a managerial round. We were casually discussing about my hobbies and interests, and obviously when discussing cars, we brushed on the topic of team-bhp. Turns out this manager was a petrolhead who follows this site extensively, although not a member.

What ensued during the next 40-50 minutes (instead of a typical techie's managerial interview) was a long discussion about different cars, latest auto industry news threads and even some latest travelogues on team-bhp! :Shockked:

Now that you know he is also addicted don't hesitate to add 10% extra in expected ctc ;-)

So did he hire you or what? If not, do you want to arrange a quick meet with him? :D

A funny situation would be that the manager gets TBHP membership and comes and pens down his side of the story of this interview! you know what? I met this guy from Team-BHP who came for an interview.. and Karthik goes are we there yet?

:uncontrol

You know you are an T-BHP addict, when for the ten years of maddening doctoral research in dentistry, you log on to the site without fail, irrespective of the fact you have deadlines, things are not working, you haven't spoken to anything close to a human, or friends, or so called relatives and are no longer sure whether you are going to finish your doctoral research, but yet you know how things are on the forum. Thank you team for making my arduous journey in obtaining my doctorate a little less stressful. The break taken to calm down and think about how to go about the issue was with team. In my case, have a break, visit team-bhp (not have a kit kat) was the successful mantra!

I try to overtake the car in front of me sporting a TBHP sticker on its bumper so that he can view my TBHP sticker instead. :)

1. You have more friends on team-bhp than in your home town

2.You spend more money on personalising your car than on real clothes for yourself

3.You put more thought and interest into Forum Polls than your local elections

4.When travelling abroad you prefer to hang out at the local car dealership than sight seeing.

5.You have put up more pictures of your new Car as compared to your new born child on the internet.

6.You want to be buried in your car

7.You name your daughter Mercedes and your son Shogun

When you are driving slowly in the parking lot, too busy looking for cars with team-bhp stickers in and you drive past only available parking spot...happened to me today :Frustrati

1. You say team bhp every time instead of team viewer :).

2. you search for car polish under personal and beauty care section on online shopping sites .:Cheering:

An important presentation that I had to make to some senior execs at my company two days back. My screen is projected, while I am busy explaining all the funda. I get a pop-up on screen "You have been quoted". I forget the rest of the presentation and try open my T-BHP inbox.
Me - excited state.
Others(execs/managers) - What the?!:Frustrati

...when you finally give in and register yourself in spite of knowing about it since it's inception stupid:

Yesterday a friend told me that Facebook & Twitter have been blocked in our office Internet for past few days.
Myself: Really?
He: Where are you lost man? U used to be online all the time!
Myself: Just kidding yaar. (Don't know why, but I often find myself concealing the newly acquired passion as if it were some extra-marital affair!).

Came to office.
No work all day. T-BHP site open all day. Nothing else done all day.

Quote:

Originally Posted by aneezan (Post 3248925)
An important presentation that I had to make to some senior execs at my company two days back. My screen is projected, while I am busy explaining all the funda. I get a pop-up on screen "You have been quoted". I forget the rest of the presentation and try open my T-BHP inbox.
Me - excited state.
Others(execs/managers) - What the?!:Frustrati

I can totally relate to this. I sometime have to demo a cloud computing platform to customers. When I open the browser, my fingers automatically start typing T, E, A, M and I ended up opening Team-BHP instead of the cloud portal a few times while being on projector with customer CXOs who just laughed away.

Have now installed a browser which I never use for anything except Team-BHP.