Team-BHP > Announcements

Search this Thread
Old 17th September 2015, 12:57   #166
GTO
Team-BHP Support

re: The value of Team-BHP

Imran Jaffer shares this experience with us. Hats off to Rahul Vaidyanathan !

Quote:
Dear Team BHP,

I cant thank you enough for providing this wonderful platform where laymen like us get to understand and meet the best in business when we speak about cars. This forum has some amazing information and has some awesome people associated with it.

Let me give you an account as to why I feel so: It was a dream that I buy the Mahindra THAR. I test drove the THAR a year back and I just loved it! It was two weeks ago, on a sunny Saturday morning that I looked up a THAR which was up for sale on the TEAM BHP site.

I contacted the seller and subsequently met him to look at the THAR. I took my family the very next day and the very first look of this particular THAR made me say YES - am gonna buy it! Very very well maintained and a genuine seller...a complete car enthusiast.

If you think I am done with my story - Nope, you are wrong. So I bought the car, drove it for a couple of days and I happened to have a problem with the radiator of the THAR. Damn! I was feeling miserable and began to wonder if I have made a mistake. I give the THAR to Sireesh Auto in Yelahanka and the service guy, Sunil told me that the radiator had a leak and they needed to replace the radiator.

Woah....Rs.6500/- bill coming up. I happened to speak to the seller and I appraised him of the situation. Even he was surprised that this happened. I was to pick the THAR the next day and the seller calls me just before I went to collect it and he says 'I have gone to Sireesh Auto and I have paid the amount (Rs.6500) on your behalf. Please just go and collect the car'.

I could not believe what I heard - it was really not about the money, but the trust and humble nature of this person which made me believe that, yes - humanity still exists.

Thank you Team BHP and its because of you that I met this person - Mr. Rahul Vaidyanathan, not only a complete car/bike enthusiast but a wonderful human being.

I'm just so addicted to your website now that I check all updates on your site twice a day. Shine on team...you are doing a stellar job!

Best,

Imran Jaffer
GTO is offline   (98) Thanks
Old 18th September 2015, 17:14   #167
BHPian

Re: The value of Team-BHP

Glorious to hear!

This is from personal experience, true car lovers are good humans and love human beings as well. Human relationship is what this forum builds.

What a wealth of information team-BHP has, is just amazing and incomprehensible.

Thanks for this story.
droolingvoyager is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2015, 16:53   #168
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
The vehicle in question and making us all proud: RVD.
The value of Team-BHP-new-picture-1.jpg

Regards.

Last edited by Rehaan : 22nd September 2015 at 18:32. Reason: Removing RVD's phone number :)
ariesonu is offline   (23) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2015, 17:41   #169
Senior - BHPian

RVD (Rahul Vaidyanathan) deserves to be applauded and we need to share this incidence as much as we can.

It was also nice on the part of Imran Jaffer to intimate this to Team-BHP and to thank them.

Congratulations to both RVD and Imran Jaffer.
Rahul Bhalgat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2015, 21:49   #170
RVD
BHPian

WOW!!! Big "than you" to all for such kind words. Honestly, i don't quite see it as a big deal.It was just an honest transaction between two guys. Big thank you to TEAM-BHP. I have never had to advertise outside of this forum.

It is actually difficult when you get buyers like Imran. Had another buyer come to look at my vehicle and seemed all knowledgeable and played hardball, it would have actually made my job easier as I would now know that the buyer is purchasing the vehicle based on his observation and not my opinion. With Imran, I knew within 5 minutes that he would buy the car. I had to actually list out the positives and negatives about the Thar and asked him to take a day or two to make up his mind. He though, was quite sure on the same day that he wanted the car. He mentioned that he did not know much about Thar would buy the car just on good faith.That is such an added responsibility. So, when he called to say that the radiator was leaking, I actually felt that I had let him down. The least I could do was bear the cost and thats what I did.

Thanks
RVD
RVD is offline   (162) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2015, 10:54   #171
Senior - BHPian

@RVD

Whenever the transaction for a used vehicle happens, the onus is always and always on the buyer. Not the seller.

This type of deed is certainly praiseworthy and am very happy that you have done what you did.

I remember, when I sold my Fiat Uno is 2010 to a young couple from Kerala based in Mumbai, I was specific in mentioning all the pros and cons of the cars including challenges in procuring spare parts. Infact, I had stocked some spares like alternator, bulbs, fuses etc which I handed over at the time of delivery.

I had shared with them the contact details of spare part dealers in Kurla who could procure new/refurbished Uno parts should he require it any time.

End of the day, my conscience is clear and the buyer is happy that he is dealing with someone who is transparent and passionate about his car at the same time.

We still have our contact details and exchange pleasantries.

Hence, out of experience, very happy by the way you have taken care of this deal.Kudos to you and the spirit!!

Last edited by arnabchak : 23rd September 2015 at 10:55.
arnabchak is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2015, 17:14   #172
BHPian

@ Rahul

Such a wonderful gesture of honouring values beyond money.

I sold my classic through Team Bhp classifieds. I am writing this not to showcase what I did, but the pathetic attitude of LATHANGI Ford (E City Branch)

I got a buyer who was head over heels in buying my remapped Ford Classic 1.4. We agreed on payment and delivery stuff. two weeks before this happened i took my car for scheduled service and complained about wheel wobbling and steering pull.

They serviced the vehicle and gave it back, I drove it for 200 kms to notice that the wobbling was gone but the steering pulled to the right like a mad cow.

Since I struck this deal with him later, i told him that the vehicle is having issue and will get it serviced.

Again went to Lathangi and told about the issue. They rotated the tyres and gave back saying all fine.

I had to deliver the car in Chennai middle of the night, so drove from Bangalore to Chennai and handed over the vehicle

After two days he reached Bangalore and called me saying the vehicle has developed the same issue and going to Lathangi

At the dealership, the same service manager who did the rotation showed him that side wall of the car has started bulging and its in a dangerous situation. He advised on changing the tyres and that too all 5

I called up the customer relationship manager and service manager telling them that they cannot service a car and deliver it with such dangerous tyre situation and feign ignorance now.

The service manager was arrogant enough to say that i should have checked it when taking delivery. when customers give the car in faith and also give a blanket approval to change the tyres need be are treated like this, can't comment anything about their interest in putting lives to risk

I gave the 0 to their service in Ford's follow up call.

At the end of everything, the buyer ended up changing all the 4 tyres and I agreed and paid 6500 for two Good Years. He messaged me a week back that everything is fine and he is enjoying the car a lot

Sometimes money doesn't mean the end of things. Values are not up for sale most of the times

If this post is to be merged on account of the dealership service experience, sorry for that

Cheers

PS: I bought a Ford again, cause its the dealers attitude and nothing more.
Self Driven is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2015, 19:22   #173
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVD View Post
WOW!!! Big "than you" to all for such kind words. Honestly, i don't quite see it as a big deal.It was just an honest transaction between two guys. Big thank you to TEAM-BHP. I have never had to advertise outside of this forum.

It is actually difficult when you get buyers like Imran. Had another buyer come to look at my vehicle and seemed all knowledgeable and played hardball, it would have actually made my job easier as I would now know that the buyer is purchasing the vehicle based on his observation and not my opinion. With Imran, I knew within 5 minutes that he would buy the car. I had to actually list out the positives and negatives about the Thar and asked him to take a day or two to make up his mind. He though, was quite sure on the same day that he wanted the car. He mentioned that he did not know much about Thar would buy the car just on good faith.That is such an added responsibility. So, when he called to say that the radiator was leaking, I actually felt that I had let him down. The least I could do was bear the cost and thats what I did.

Thanks
RVD
Kudos for the gesture , what you have done is not call of duty but beyond it.
This is the prime reason for me wanting to join TBHP, not just car lovers one gets to meet humble, responsible & passionate people like you.
Venkat_Figo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2015, 20:29   #174
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
It is actually difficult when you get buyers like Imran. Had another buyer come to look at my vehicle and seemed all knowledgeable and played hardball, it would have actually made my job easier as I would now know that the buyer is purchasing the vehicle based on his observation and not my opinion. With Imran, I knew within 5 minutes that he would buy the car.

Thanks
RVD
Kudos RVD. May not seem a big deal to you, but it was good to read such a honest, heart warming story in today's world where to get through anything without getting conned in some way is a big deal.

I can relate to your buyer. When I sold my SX4, the buyer had absolutely no idea about cars. He and his fiance liked the SX4 and my car fell in his budget. It was clear within a few min of him seeing the car that he was going to buy it. He did not even bother to negotiate. He seemed to be going purely by his trust and belief in me and the details and documentation I had shared about the car.

I had left room for negotiation and was kind of feeling guilty that he did not bother to negotiate. So to satisfy my conscience, I did the insurance renewal for the next year (it was expiring in around 45 days) from my side and also helped do the complete ownership transfer.
Rajeevraj is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2015, 20:47   #175
BHPian

@ RVD, you're the man. I feel great sense of gratitude towards you, I mean how many people will really do it, it takes immense sense of responsibility and care to ensure that your well maintained vehicle (the thar) should not pose any problems to its new owner. Kudos to that spirit and honesty.

Also thanks to Imran Jaffer for sharing the amazing story with us. I' proud to be associated with TeamBHP along side such wonderful personalities

Last edited by Karthik Chandra : 23rd September 2015 at 21:17.
Karthik Chandra is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2015, 23:49   #176
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Great to hear! I can sort of relate to this.

When I was to buy my A-Star from a BHPian I had to travel to Kochi to meet the car and seller - this was to inspect the car and at that time I did not make any commitment to buy it. The decision to travel happened quickly and we did not find any rooms online to stay/freshen up in. The seller managed to arrange rooms at the last moment before our departure from Blore. Since I did not know to drive at that time, upon request, he also agreed to drive the car all the way back to Blore from Kochi with me and my friend. Thanks deetjohn!
rajathv8 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 24th September 2015, 01:11   #177
BHPian

Just my one liner:- Honesty and Gratitude always pays; no matter what!!
embee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2015, 11:48   #178
BHPian

Quote:

Thanks
RVD
Hey RVD, what you have done shows the real spirit of team-bhp, where we raise above the inconsequential and show the human side in any interaction.
We live in a place where no one wants to take any ownership after the transaction is done, be it as small as chocolate bar or as big as a few crore worth of property. Once the transaction is done, people simply wash their hands off.

Now, you have set certain standards, that many of us on this forum would like to match.
Acharya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2015, 15:33   #179
BHPian

Dealing with BHP-ians is always a pleasure. I recently bought my bike from a fellow BHP-ian. The deal was finalized in 20 mins and then we spent another 30 mins discussing biking

@RVD - youre the man !
such stories are an inspiration in today's mad competitive world !

Last edited by .anshuman : 24th September 2015 at 18:38. Reason: Extra Smiley removed. Please refer Team-BHP rules. Thanks
rangan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th September 2015, 19:17   #180
BHPian

RVD you have done a great gesture! Imran kudos to you too for sharing the great story.

It is such deeds which truly sets the standards!!!

Cheers!
Higgs_Boson_i is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed