Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Bangalore
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd March 2010, 11:29   #166
BHPian

Any Good IOC Petrol pump near Maratahalli. The one in Bellandur, is it good. Can I get clean, mixture free Diesel and the right quantity?
Old 2nd March 2010, 11:58   #167
BHPian

As I experienced, Shell Diesel produces smoke for DDiS.
I have tried with multiple shell pumps same result.

But, from the past 4 fills (fiull tank); I have been using IOC on RV Road just beside Vijaya College. I am getting decent mileage. The guys gives me the printed bill from the pump. No issues at all. I think it is Annapoorna Petrol pump.
Old 2nd March 2010, 12:09   #168
rkg
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjalihal View Post
I beg to differ here. Are you sure you are referring to Shell? Seems very unlikely of their strict business protocol.
This is what i referred in my post about Indian mentality.

As of now Iam not blind. Can see properly and drive properly. It is indeed Shell only .

newly opened in Vignan Nagar near TATA Sherwood apartments.

I have proper bills and also milage records after I have consecutively filled full tank four times.

I did not get service which is in anyway superior to any PSU bunks.

What iam stating is facts not what i have read in some forum or some friends friend told me etc etc.

I would like to believe what i see and observed myself.

If somebody says they are better than others, it should be in deeds not words alone

Anyone has doubts go to this bunk and check yourself. I Hope that will be an eye opener.

Last edited by rkg : 2nd March 2010 at 12:13.
Old 2nd March 2010, 12:21   #169
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakchiniwal View Post
Any Good IOC Petrol pump near Maratahalli. The one in Bellandur, is it good. Can I get clean, mixture free Diesel and the right quantity?
IMO all the pumps in Maratahalli(way towards HAL airport) are corrupt and they indulge in cheating to the max extent. Compared to Maratahalli pump, Bellandur pump is good(to some extent)and the cheating is not done. But you have to be careful. In Maratahalli even if you are careful they tend to elude you in some way or the other.
Old 2nd March 2010, 13:34   #170
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkg View Post
This is what i referred in my post about Indian mentality.

As of now Iam not blind. Can see properly and drive properly. It is indeed Shell only .

newly opened in Vignan Nagar near TATA Sherwood apartments.

I have proper bills and also milage records after I have consecutively filled full tank four times.

I did not get service which is in anyway superior to any PSU bunks.

What iam stating is facts not what i have read in some forum or some friends friend told me etc etc.

I would like to believe what i see and observed myself.

If somebody says they are better than others, it should be in deeds not words alone

Anyone has doubts go to this bunk and check yourself. I Hope that will be an eye opener.

Whoa! Some one is angry. Sir, you need not vent your anger out on the MNCs by trying to be sarcastic. It is just people's opinions. I will take a Pepsi challenge by supporting MNCs over Babu controlled Indian companies any day! PSU firms are lazy and lethargic. They are trying very hard in shedding their useless image by coming up with innovative methods. So at the end of the day when talking about pumps: Choose the one which is most convenient. Some do not mind traveling an extra bit to get better service from MNC pumps. I am one of them. I still find it hard to believe that Shell petrol will give you less milage than Neta controlled pumps. I have filled in both and they are ditto... But Shell makes the car run smooth.
Old 2nd March 2010, 14:14   #171
Senior - BHPian

Lets not make generalised statements like MNC's are good or PSU's are lazy.

Customers are interested in getting the right quality and quantity of fuel. It doesn't matter whether the fuel is produced by MNC or PSU.

But the general trend is that many PSU pumps are indulging in tricks to cheat the customers and make a quick buck. Thats why some of us prefer Shell outlets which provide the satisfaction of quality and quantity of fuel. Dealing with polite attendants, getting complimentary windscreen wash/wipe and free air check are some of the additional benefits. For getting this peace of mind and better service, some of us are willing to pay a small premium over the regular PSU prices.

But it does not mean that Shell is perfect. It is always possible that a particular Shell Pump is not being managed properly. If someone has had a bad experience with a Shell pump, he has 2 choices - he can send a feedback to Shell and wait for improvement, or he can move to some other trusted PSU pump.

Also, not all PSU pumps indulge in cheating. In fact, I would love to buy cheap petrol from PSU pumps if someone could guide me to a honest PSU pump in my locality (Koramangala).

Rohan
Old 2nd March 2010, 14:44   #172
rkg
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjalihal View Post
Whoa! Some one is angry. Sir, you need not vent your anger out on the MNCs by trying to be sarcastic. It is just people's opinions. I will take a Pepsi challenge by supporting MNCs over Babu controlled Indian companies any day! PSU firms are lazy and lethargic. They are trying very hard in shedding their useless image by coming up with innovative methods. So at the end of the day when talking about pumps:

Choose the one which is most convenient.

Some do not mind traveling an extra bit to get better service from MNC pumps.

I am one of them. I still find it hard to believe that Shell petrol will give you less milage than Neta controlled pumps. I have filled in both and they are ditto... But Shell makes the car run smooth.
First Iam not angry on MNC's

Second, As i have mentioned go to the said Shell Bunk experience yourself

Third, When i have to buy /get some thing , i check the market for the best product irrespective of who the manufacturer is. I do not exclude PSU firms from my shopping list on prejudice. My experience with Indian private sector in the last 10-15 years is no different and even made me think PSU/govt is better in some aspects.( case in point current crop of private mobile operators service , Private banks service) I can cite N number examples where private sector is equally bad just like govt firms. I keep an open eye

Fourth, Like you are entitled to your opinion on PSU service I do have my own opinion about Shell. there is nothing in it which warrants "i can't believe it" as if Shell can do no wrong.

Last edited by rkg : 2nd March 2010 at 14:47.
Old 2nd March 2010, 15:04   #173
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakchiniwal View Post
Try Shell on Varthur Road, you will have to go about 4kms after Kundalahalli Gate on Varthur Road
Old 13th March 2010, 14:12   #174
BANNED

Used to fill regular petrol from Shell on Old Madras Road (near Big Bazzar) in my Ford Fiesta.

This time I went to BP outlet opposite Manipal hospital and filled premium petrol.

Engine feels much smoother and responsive with the BP premium petrol. With shell regular I had to depress the accelerator noticeably harder.

Dont know if FE is going to improve (have to wait till I refill the tank).

But I think BP outlet opposite Manipal is a good one.
Old 19th March 2010, 11:24   #175
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PYSO View Post
But I think BP outlet opposite Manipal is a good one.
Definitely. Same is felt by many members, as seen in this thread.

There is another BP outlet opposite to Jeevan Bhima Nagar police station. That one is also equally good.
Old 19th March 2010, 11:30   #176
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbraj View Post
Definitely. Same is felt by many members, as seen in this thread.

There is another BP outlet opposite to Jeevan Bhima Nagar police station. That one is also equally good.
Shankar& Sons station right.

Could you please suggest some good sations around BTM 2nd stage?
Old 19th March 2010, 11:32   #177
Senior - BHPian

Hey everyone,
Other than shell, What other good pump is around bellary road/Sanjay Nagar? Shell is turning out to be expensive at 56.95/ Ltr for regular.

Any other good pumps around here? There is an IBP on R.T nagar but these guys are the biggest cheats I have ever seen.
Old 19th March 2010, 17:55   #178
BHPian

Those familiar with Malleshwaram will know of the BP bunk on 8th main (Mysore lamps road). I had found them fairly reliable, but the last couple of fills there have convinced me that they are a bunch of crooks. The quality is still fairly acceptable, but you get shortchanged by about 25% on quantity. Everyone knows that the Swift Vxi is a bit thirsty, but 8kmpl is ridiculous. I thought my clutch had packed up, but mileage is back to about 12 kmpl with Shell regular so the car is ok. Even though the fuel gauge as not a reliable way to measure quantity, I could see the difference.
Avoid this place. Anybody know of any good bunks in or around Malleshwaram?
Old 21st March 2010, 06:00   #179

never get petrol from the pump after Saraki signal on kanakpura road. They try to cheat customers by not resetting the pump counter.
Old 23rd March 2010, 14:16   #180
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
While i remember reading here that the HP pump near the new Cosmos mall in Brookfields were cheats, going by the number of people filling up there, looks like not many know about it.

I completely agree that the HP pump near Cosmos mall is a wastee. I noticed that for every 1 litre, they are giving 100ml less of a petrol and hence overall the average reduces.
I use to find SHELL petrol bunk in whitefield a good place to refill but now they have shot up their rates and the difference is close to 4Rs.

Nishan...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks