Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Bangalore
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd September 2010, 12:07   #271
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinu99@gmail.co View Post
This post is to report cheating happening in Indian Oil Bunk, Marathahalli. I am a regular customer of Matt's Fuel bunk near Cosmos for the past one year and a very happy customer.
Vinu, i had posted a negative review about this indian Oil bunk earlier on this thread. I noticed their modus operandi when we went to fill up my relative's Alto.

The MATS fuel bunk is reliable, so you could continue using that. I've been their regular customer for more than 3 years now.
Old 22nd September 2010, 19:16   #272
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Vinu, i had posted a negative review about this indian Oil bunk earlier on this thread. I noticed their modus operandi when we went to fill up my relative's Alto.

The MATS fuel bunk is reliable, so you could continue using that. I've been their regular customer for more than 3 years now.
Something I like about MATS: The operator finishes all talks (Power/ Normal, Cash/ Card, Glass Clean) before he starts resetting the meter and filling. No distracting techniques at all! And, most of the times, fuel filler is left untouched till autostop. Also, I always find petrol cheaper by 20p or so . I find this place quite reliable and perhaps, this is the only reason why I am not going to Shell.

Last edited by vinu99@gmail.co : 22nd September 2010 at 19:18. Reason: Typo
Old 23rd September 2010, 16:37   #273
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinu99@gmail.co View Post
Something I like about MATS: The operator finishes all talks (Power/ Normal, Cash/ Card, Glass Clean) before he starts resetting the meter and filling. No distracting techniques at all! And, most of the times, fuel filler is left untouched till autostop. Also, I always find petrol cheaper by 20p or so . I find this place quite reliable and perhaps, this is the only reason why I am not going to Shell.
I totally agree, Vinu.
They also emulate Shell service in many respects, such as the namaste, employing differently enabled people and also the complimentary windshield wash.

As you mentioned, the price too is cheaper by a few paise. I didnt miss Shell all too much after their prices went up, thanks to this bunk and their service.
Old 8th October 2010, 15:48   #274
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreenidhibr View Post
I usually fill at HPCL, 4th T block, Bangalore (Puttalingaraju & sons) since I get the best mileage, outside of Shell, at this bunk. Once they tried to play the Rs200 trick on me (pretend to fill Rs 200, in spite of being told full tank), but I confronted them.
I had similar incident with this HP bunk.
Eventhough the I get good mileage I do not go to this bunk because of this trick.
Old 8th October 2010, 15:54   #275
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
If you dont mind going upto the Banashankari temple then use the IOC pump opp the temple / bus-stand. It's a KSFCSC (Karnatak Govt) run outlet.
This is my favorite. Filling here for the past 3 years for my swift.
Now they are closing down as Metro requires land. Sad :(

Need to look for another IOC in JP Nagar area as I get good mileage with IOC than HP or BP.

Please suggest folks
Old 8th October 2010, 16:06   #276
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post
Got a tankful of normal petrol (@58.20 per liter if I remember correctly) from Shell petrol bunk on the Whitefield road (towards Forum Value mall). This is the first time I am using shell petrol so will update with the mileage figures here soon.

Oh, and they gave me a hot-wheels F50 toy car as a free gift (some promotional offer). The offer is on going for tankfuls.
Offer is still going on i think. For 4 wheelers if you fill for Rs 1500 or more you will get one Ferrari scale model. Already got 4
Old 11th October 2010, 19:01   #277
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post
Got a tankful of normal petrol (@58.20 per liter if I remember correctly) from Shell petrol bunk on the Whitefield road (towards Forum Value mall). This is the first time I am using shell petrol so will update with the mileage figures here soon.

Oh, and they gave me a hot-wheels F50 toy car as a free gift (some promotional offer). The offer is on going for tankfuls.
This offer is still there, today I filled a full tank from shell and got my 2nd car . My son was too happy.
Old 11th October 2010, 19:14   #278
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
blorebuddy : Now they are closing down as Metro requires land. Sad :(

Need to look for another IOC in JP Nagar area as I get good mileage with IOC than HP or BP.
Darn. Another good bunk gone.

My other regular IOC bunk in JP nagar area is in BTM layout, near the watertank. Same road as the one that comes from Silk-board towards Jayanagar. It's a COCO, and is located between the Udupi garden signal & the Jayadeva fly-over.
Old 27th October 2010, 16:13   #279
BHPian

IOC bunk near Ayyappa temple in Banaswadi

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabnawaz_b View Post
He cheats as well. I used to stay very close to Ayyappan temple and tried filling there few times.
I feel HP pump (opp: BP) near Maruthi Seva nagar is quite good. I get same mileage as I get in Shell Mahadevpura road.
Yeah, he is absolutely a big cheat. He has a different method to try and cheat every time. Once he even charged me more by rounding off the amount though I was paying by card. It was not a big amount, just around 72 paise more, but he didnt have to round it off and charge me more like that. He didnt have an answer when I confronted him.

I tanked up here thrice, found no change in FE or performance/smoothness and then moved to the BP bunk on Chikkabanasadi road, just before you reach Kasturinagar after the CMR college.

They are very polite and do not try to cheat. Ive been filling there for several months now and am quite satisfied overall. No issues at all with them.
Old 15th November 2010, 17:52   #280
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
My other regular IOC bunk in JP nagar area is in BTM layout, near the watertank. Same road as the one that comes from Silk-board towards Jayanagar. It's a COCO, and is located between the Udupi garden signal & the Jayadeva fly-over.
Yes, after collecting 5 scale down models from Shell I am back to this IOC station.
Old 15th November 2010, 22:44   #281
BANNED

Today I filled petrol in my new Gypsy at the IOC pump just after Leela Palace on Old Airport road.

I asked the petrol worker twice if it was unleaded he said yes, but the particular pump machine did not have "unleaded" painted on it. then I asked him if it was 91 Octane as that is the recommended grade to use. He nodded yes yes. But I have a strong feeling I have been conned and he just wanted to wave me by after filling whatever he felt like in a callous manner.

What are the grades of fuel available in Bangalore generally? I am worried about screwing up my new engine slowly but subtly. I filled in some 16+ liters or 1000/- bucks worth.

Guys please clear my doubts.

Thanks

Edit: Just found this http://www.iocl.com/Products/GasolineSpecifications.pdf since all metro cities use BSIV while the whole of India is now on BSIII since october this year, guess I got 91 octane? But is all fuel now unleaded?

Last edited by Ragul : 15th November 2010 at 22:49.
Old 16th November 2010, 00:18   #282
Distinguished - BHPian

@Ragul - remember never to ask these guys what fuel it is. They are typical of people at sales-points. No idea of the products they sell.

All petrol sold in India is un-leaded. So not to worry.

Also, I'm not sure if that bunk is clean. Check this thread for other bunks on your regular routes.
Old 16th November 2010, 05:38   #283
Team-BHP Support

HP Bunk - Sarjapur road

I have been a long time regular at the HP Bunk near Cosmos Mall in Brookfields. It used to be quite convenient since it was on my way to work.

Since i moved out from Marathalli, and also since i use another route to get to my office in Whitefield, i had to find another bunk to shift to. While the Shell offer was on, it was Shell all the way, from the bunk at Kundanahalli. Now, i am back to HP.

The new bunk i am trying out is the HP bunk on Sarjapur road after the Wipro Corporate office. Owner is always there in the evenings supervising the attendants, and also personally takes the card down to the office to swipe. His presence also ensures there is no time wastage involved.

The only downside i see at the moment is that this bunk does not have a cover/shade on top, so during rains becomes a pain. Also, i would assume water seepage to the storage tanks. This is just an assumption, though.

Anyone with reviews about this particular bunk?
Old 16th November 2010, 08:41   #284
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
benbsb29 : Also, i would assume water seepage to the storage tanks. This is just an assumption, though.
Benny, no such chance. The tanks need to be 100% leak-proof. Storage & handling of petrochemical products is done stringently.
Old 16th November 2010, 11:23   #285
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragul View Post
Today I filled petrol in my new Gypsy at the IOC pump just after Leela Palace on Old Airport road.
If you regularly use this route, then I suggest the pump opposite to Manipal Hospital (DM&Sons). That is a good pump. Of course, this is on the opposite side of the road, hence you would need plan the re-fueling during your return journey.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks