Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th July 2012, 07:50   #571
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Trusted Petrol Pumps in Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonelyPlanet View Post
Any recommendations for good petrol bunks near Kasturinagar (East of NGEF) ?
There is a BP bunk near the railway bridge - when going towards Kasturi Nagar from the NGEF factory/metro statio side you have to go till the end of the road (on left side there is a park), go under the bridge and make a left turn. About 500m ahead on the right you will see the BP bunk.
Another option - get onto the Outer Ring Road from Kasturi Nagar, take the service lane and get to the Ramamurthy Nagar signal, make a left turn here and you will see a BP bunk in the corner.
Hope this helps.
Old 12th July 2012, 12:04   #572
MCR
BHPian

If in Rajarajeshwarinagar, goto the recently opened HP Fuel station, called Jain Pax.
This is a very reliable outlet with courteous staff. Also there is a Nitrogen filling station available.
Old 12th July 2012, 12:26   #573
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCR View Post
If in Rajarajeshwarinagar .. Jain Pax .. is a very reliable outlet with courteous staff.
Most likely because it is :
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCR View Post
.. recently opened
Give it a few months, and we will know how good it is.

This is not about this bunk alone, but some practices that are followed (in the industry)
Old 13th July 2012, 16:57   #574
BHPian

any inputs about trusted petrol pumps on the Bangalore Mysore Highway (SH-17) and on the Bandipur side ?
Old 13th July 2012, 18:46   #575
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankan.m.blr View Post
any inputs about trusted petrol pumps on the Bangalore Mysore Highway (SH-17) and on the Bandipur side ?
SHELL.. just when you exit Bangalore city, and before Kengeri.

And then, Mysore has only one SHELL bunk. My usual top-up points.
mempheS.D is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2012, 19:48   #576
BHPian

ohho .. I take the Hosur Road - NICE road way to connect to SH-17. Any idea about the HP bunk attached to McDonalds after Channapattana?
Old 13th July 2012, 22:30   #577
BHPian

Hope this isnt an off topic post. Shell is now 76.10inr and cheaper than psu pumps. Just wanted to let everyone know. And they are staying open beyond their 7pm deadline these days. Atleast the yeshwantpur pump is.
Cheers!!!
Parthasarathig is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th July 2012, 15:34   #578
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan_iitr View Post
The attendants at the Indian Oil pump opposite passport office near NGV tried this magazine trick on me, but failed miserably.

I went to this petrol pump at 8:30 am today since petrol pumps are generally less crowded on Sunday mornings and chances of cheating are less. I generally prefer to use cash at petrol pumps since it doesn't involve any distractions and also saves time. But today I felt like paying by CC since the petrol pump was not crowded and I was the only customer at the fuel dispenser.

Here is how it happened. I parked the car in front of the fuel dispenser, came out and stood in front of the meter and asked the attendant to fill petrol for Rs 500. The attendant entered Rs 500 in the dispenser. So far so good.

Attendant asks - cash or card sir ? I said card. The attendant got an excuse to distract me. As he started filling petrol in the car, he called another attendant to collect my CC. Again, routine procedure, nothing to be worried about.

As the second attendant approaches me, I hand over my CC to him, momentarily taking eyes off the fuel meter. As the second attendant collects my CC, he shows me a magazine and tries to distract me. The moment I saw a magazine i his hand, I immediately realised that they are trying to con me (thanks to the post above from member arunkk).

I totally ignore the second attendant and turn my attention back to the fuel meter. Mind you, all this happened in a split second. By the time I turn back to look at the fuel meter, the first attendant had stopped filling at Rs 365 and was resetting the meter and I caught him in the act. Realising that their con act has failed, the second attendant vanished into thin air.

I shouted at the first attendant asking why he has stopped at Rs 365 even when he had entered Rs 500. He gives lame excuse - power failure sir. I told him that this cash/card and magazine distraction routines have become too old and they need to come up with something more innovative.

I ask him for the automated receipt, which mentions Rs 365. Realising that I'm a hard nut to crack, he immediately filled up petrol worth Rs 135.

But I was in no mood to take this nonsense anymore. I barged into the supervisor's cabin and demanded the complaint book. He tried to calm me down by asking - what happened sir ? I told him straightaway that the attendant tried to cheat me. If you want further details, ask the attendant himself. Hand me the complaint book now.

The supervisor called the attendant and he gave the same lame excuse of power failure. I came out of the supervisor's cabin and started dialling the station manager's number, which is prominently displayed outside the cabin. They immediately realised that I was in no mood to take it lying down.

The attendant who had tried to cheat me immediately turned apologetic and accepted his mistake. All 8-10 pump attendants gathered around me and started requesting me not to complaint to the station manager or the poor attendant would loose his job. The supervisor offered me Rs 100 worth of extra petrol and promised that this money would be deducted from the attendant's salary. Finally, I filled up another Rs 100 worth free petrol and left the place.

I don't really care about the Rs 100 worth of free petrol. In fact, I would make sure that I donate this amount to charity. I would never rob a poor person of his hard-earned money and take his curse on me.

But I wanted to ensure that the pump attendant realises his mistake and is aware of the consequences of his actions.

Lessons learnt:
1. Don't assume that you won't be cheated at a petrol pump if it is not crowded
2. Never take your eyes off the meter even for a split second, no matter what happens around you
3. Use cash for payment, as it involves less distractions
4. Always demand automatic receipt after filling fuel (Avoid pumps which do not have such system of automatic receipt)
5. If you feel that you have been cheated, don't take it lying down. Take up the matter with the supervisor / manager and raise a complaint.

Even if no action is taken against your complain, you have nothing to loose. But the pump attendant can loose his job if customers complaint against him. Hence the customer always has an upper hand in case of such a dispute.

Rohan
Haa, they used to be con masters and I am surprised they still try the same tricks.

By the way IOCL has a pretty neat online complaint system. I was in Delhi for last two years and filed an online complaint for a IOCL petrol pump for cheating and adulteration. The manager was at my door in two days time, requesting me visit his pump at any time of my choice to test fuel quality and dispenser machines. Also, later IOCL did a surprise check at their pump and sent me the lab reports.

I did the same thing with the IOCL on airport road after Manipal hospital and they are big thugs. After reporting and check by IOCL, they gave me refill of 2500. By the way, I don't know whether they have mend their ways or not.

The point I am trying to make is, if you find some cheating happening, speak up and don't take it lying down. The argument of goons and political connections although true is not very practical for them also.
Old 19th July 2012, 16:13   #579
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambujlal View Post

Also, later IOCL did a surprise check at their pump and sent me the lab reports.
and did the lab reports indicate any adulteration?
Old 19th July 2012, 17:29   #580
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
That is a COCO bunk, I fill up from there on way to Calicut, no issues so far.
Old 19th July 2012, 17:51   #581
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjaykk View Post
and did the lab reports indicate any adulteration?
Yeah Sanjay, it did indicate adulteration in the form of trace of kerosene! Although what it did not tell was the source of adulteration. Manager's version was that truck driver might have done it on the way. I did not buy it because, he could have checked it himself when the truck delivers the fuel. So my conclusion was that the bunk was part of the act. IOCL said that they are taking appropriate action. Don't know what appropriate means.

Again the point I am making is that you don't need to confront them there. You can always come back and file an online complaint.
ambujlal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2012, 22:16   #582
BHPian

Quote:

Any review about this Shell Whitefield ?
I am new to driving in Bangalore and equally so to filling fuel here!!i am shocked to read this thread and the malpractices going on here!!

i live near Whitefield and i recently filled up from this pump.it was a good experience except that i filled diesel and paid much more per litre than the regular pumps!!
Old 19th July 2012, 23:02   #583
Senior - BHPian

I've been filling petrol at this pup over the last 2 years. Never noticed anything wrong! The dude puts in the dispenser, puts it to auto cutoff and leaves. At the end I get an automated bill. Its been the same since the last two years every single time. What malpractices are we talking about here?
Old 20th July 2012, 10:13   #584
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
I've been filling petrol at this pup over the last 2 years. Never noticed anything wrong! The dude puts in the dispenser, puts it to auto cutoff and leaves. At the end I get an automated bill. Its been the same since the last two years every single time. What malpractices are we talking about here?
@ reign, are you talking about the IOCL Koramangla bunk?
Old 20th July 2012, 10:26   #585
Senior - BHPian

I'm talking about shell in whitefield.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks