Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Bicycles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th July 2021, 07:23   #6031
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Bicycles thread

After many months, Triban RC100 came back in stock. Nothing else caught my eye like the Triban and I kept finding faults in all other bikes that I browsed. I came this close to Triad X3 but one size fits all scared me.
Regardless, booked the Triban in size L (I'm 182cms) this fine morning and now the wait begins.

Beginner here. Please advise me on what must have accessories I should get? Mudguards and side stand? Right now I just got a bottle holder.
amol4184 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2021, 07:30   #6032
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amol4184 View Post
After many months, Triban RC100 came back in stock. Nothing else caught my eye like the Triban and I kept finding faults in all other bikes that I browsed. I came this close to Triad X3 but one size fits all scared me.
Regardless, booked the Triban in size L (I'm 182cms) this fine morning and now the wait begins.

Beginner here. Please advise me on what must have accessories I should get? Mudguards and side stand? Right now I just got a bottle holder.
Congratulations. I suppose you meant the Flat Bar version? I am very happy with mine that I picked up last year.

Hold off the mudguards and invest instead in a quality helmet, cycling glasses, lock and decent lights for rear if not for front as well. I use the side stand as well.

I would be interested in knowing how you find the 25mm tyres that the Triban now comes with.
Old 13th July 2021, 07:52   #6033
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaiusPitar View Post
Congratulations. I suppose you meant the Flat Bar version? I am very happy with mine that I picked up last year.

Hold off the mudguards and invest instead in a quality helmet, cycling glasses, lock and decent lights for rear if not for front as well. I use the side stand as well.

I would be interested in knowing how you find the 25mm tyres that the Triban now comes with.
Thank you, and yes the FB version. I was tempted to buy the helmet online but I want to check how it feels on my head. Lights too, I think I want to see how they perform in real life unless there is a tried and tested brand/model that I can order blindly. Tips welcome on all these things!

It's scheduled for delivery next week. I'll definitely register my novice observations here. Can't wait!
Old 13th July 2021, 08:20   #6034
BHPian

Quote:
Kindly check two - three pages back, even the estimated pricing is there.
greyhound82 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2021, 11:59   #6035
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Congratulations on your new bike! Every new cyclist is a boon to our planet and strengthens our community.

There is a local Indian vlogger Cycle Rider Roy. I've seen some of his videos on helmets and lights and other accessories and components. You might want to check them out.

He has two videos on lights on Amazon in two different price ranges.
ebonho is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2021, 14:41   #6036
Team-BHP Support

On the lights, please don't go for those which has got blinding powers. Those with good area-spread without blinding the oncoming road users / riders are ideal.
Old 13th July 2021, 15:53   #6037
BHPian

Hey people how are you all? hope all is well with everyone at this time of pandemic,
I recently purchased Sigma Sports Buster 700 for my bicycle for more lumens on the road but i have been facing a strange issue on its functionality or maybe it is a feature i might be wrong, Whenever i switch on the light during night i firstly prefer to set it to the brightest setting, it does get brightest but after a min. or maybe few secs. it gets back to a less brighter mode. Is it a feature or my product has not been working well? please help thanks in advance
Old 13th July 2021, 16:04   #6038
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelTheBass View Post
Whenever i switch on the light during night i firstly prefer to set it to the brightest setting, it does get brightest but after a min. or maybe few secs. it gets back to a less brighter mode. Is it a feature or my product has not been working well? please help thanks in advance
Most USB rechargeable lights have that feature as a power saving "limp" mode when the battery is low.

Last edited by ebonho : 13th July 2021 at 16:05.
Old 13th July 2021, 16:09   #6039
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
Most USB rechargeable lights have that feature as a power saving "limp" mode when the battery is low.
Hi! ebonho thanks for the reply but for your kind info. i have faced the same issue even when light is fully charged, i very well understand your power saving feature though
please help
thanks
Old 13th July 2021, 16:18   #6040
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelTheBass View Post
Hi! ebonho thanks for the reply but for your kind info. i have faced the same issue even when light is fully charged, i very well understand your power saving feature though
please help
thanks
Then there is something wrong with the internal circuitry and the light is defective. You could try to return it and ask for a refund or replacement or even an exchange for another light. Sigmas are expensive lights. This should not be happening.
Old 13th July 2021, 18:16   #6041
Team-BHP Support

Sunday was a rest day after a (relatively, compared to last 15 months) hard week of running. Decided to take the Brommie out for some easy cruising around the Bandra area. It’s a really FUN little ride and surprisingly capable for such a compact package. Followed through with coffee with some runner friends.

Dropping some pics of the bike here. While my other bikes are in the bedroom this one sits sweetly in the living room almost like a small piece of art. It’s just such a marvellous piece of engineering. I know it was an outright fun indulgence and not for my more serious riding but so far I don’t regret this purchase one bit!
Attached Thumbnails
The Bicycles thread-04b586731b5f4329be27145adf53c250.jpeg  

The Bicycles thread-579f0e9d8935494c917c5d1cdb50d580.jpeg  

The Bicycles thread-d88f86a3bb94496c94fad871681c863c.jpeg  

Last edited by Axe77 : 13th July 2021 at 18:18. Reason: Fixing sentence
Axe77 is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 14th July 2021, 07:18   #6042
Senior - BHPian

Lovely pics there, and congratulations on the acquisition. Is Brompton available in India? How much do they cost
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
Decided to take the Brommie out for some easy cruising around the Bandra area. It’s a really FUN little ride and surprisingly capable for such a compact package. Followed through with coffee with some runner friends.
Old 14th July 2021, 07:29   #6043
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
L is pretty big. I'm 180 cm and a M in most major brands. How tall are you? Which model is it? Did you check the size chart. I suspect it's more to do with your lack of saddle time and flexibility, core strength..
It's a Decathlon Trailman, size L. I think 26" wheels. When I look up the size chart by Firefox, both this and the next sized wheel/frame are listed as suitable for my 5'8".

But yes, there is a lack of saddle time.
condor is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2021, 07:35   #6044
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Lovely pics there, and congratulations on the acquisition. Is Brompton available in India? How much do they cost
ProCycle in Bangalore is now officially distributing them in India. I’ve PM’d you the contact number but you can google their website as well for all details. They’re following a direct distributor to customer model I think.
Axe77 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2021, 10:15   #6045
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
It's a Decathlon Trailman, size L. I think 26" wheels. When I look up the size chart by Firefox, both this and the next sized wheel/frame are listed as suitable for my 5'8".

But yes, there is a lack of saddle time.
Sorry bro, I've never heard of this bike. Did you buy it here in India?

But in general, for someone who is 5'8", a M is the usual size, or 52 in a road bike.

I seriously doubt you need a stem extender. Why do you feel you need it?

Do you feel very stretched out currently in reaching your handlebar and feel a higher handlebar is the solution?

Because for your height, that is exactly what will happen if you ride a L.

Never extrapolate frame sizing from one manufacturer to another. Not even one model to another from the same manufacturer. Because the frame geometry will be completely different.

Online on the internet it's difficult to say more. Definitely feel you taking the advice of someone experienced (a long time cyclist would be great ... in my experience shop guys simply want to sell inventory and turn you around 9 times out of 10).physically, with him seeing you on your bike, and riding, will be the key.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks