Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th September 2007, 14:55   #346
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
American dynamics is supposed to be costlier than Dynamat, Wuerth and Rockford etc.
Are you sure on this? I guess SAM sourced it for a reasonable amount.
Old 5th September 2007, 14:57   #347
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by panky12345 View Post
please check on price per sq. ft. last i saw AD's sheets were 3 times bigger as that of Wurth.
Old 5th September 2007, 16:01   #348
Senior - BHPian

Sound Deadener Showdown

Nice review.
Old 5th September 2007, 17:03   #349
BHPian

Quote:
I found amazon.com is offering the best prices (US$ 70 - 115 for dynamat extreme) but sadly they dont ship to India.
Shipping costs for damping sheets are also exorbitant as rubber & asphalt are heavy. I had taken a quotation some time ago from the US. Material cost 62 USD, Fedex delivery charges 320 USD!
Old 5th September 2007, 22:58   #350
Senior - BHPian

Yes AD is costlier !

Quote:
Originally Posted by panky12345 View Post
My comparison is based on the amazon.com pricing plus the quote I am getting on all the brands in bangalore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
please check on price per sq. ft. last i saw AD's sheets were 3 times bigger as that of Wurth.
Although most brands have different packs of various measurements, overall average pricing AD tops followed by dynamat, wuerth, rockford etc. Offcourse comparison is not easy as dynamat itself have got almost 4 types of dampening sheets which has a wide variation in pricing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nura View Post
Shipping costs for damping sheets are also exorbitant as rubber & asphalt are heavy. I had taken a quotation some time ago from the US. Material cost 62 USD, Fedex delivery charges 320 USD!
Amazon shipping is free for lot of items but India is not a shipping destination for them. If there is someone in the US who can courier it to us through Fedex or similiar channel, naturally the shipping will be much more than the actual cost. Reminds me of the easy chair I ordered online for my 1 year old kid from Mumbai. Cost of chair = Rs.550/-, Courier charges = Rs.450/-. Later I realised the same stuff is sold in Bangalore for Rs.400/- which broke my heart.

When we search for certain things, sometimes we dont find the right place to buy. This forum solves this issue to a great extend, I must say with whole heart after I bought my new car, alloys, tires, head unit, speakers, amp, head light and all these were possible just becuase I interacted a lot on TBHP forum. There is a solution for everything here. I love this place.
Old 6th September 2007, 08:02   #351
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
Thanks for posting the link LBM, its really a good review, not just review, eye opener .
Old 6th September 2007, 10:59   #352
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
By the looks of this: http://www.secondskinaudio.com/store.php?category=70

The only thing missing in my DIY damping was a layer of aluminium sheet (which acts as a heat resistant) over the the Butyl Rubber! and I was surely on the right track!
Old 6th September 2007, 20:08   #353
Senior - BHPian

Quotes from Dynamat !

After many days of bargaining, searching, comparing, asking members etc. I have gathered few quotes which are surprisingly breath-taking figures according to me. Dynamat is the only brand I could get a clear cut quote, still waiting for the other brands, therefore I can make up my mind on something. Dynamat sheets for 4 doors and hatch = 16k without installation charges. Flooring and hood will come to another 16k. Roof, side pillars etc. I am lost in words already !! Gasping !! After reading few posts in some other threads about members getting the whole job done within 10k to 15k, this figure really shocks me. Its a reliable quote which I managed from the main dealer here whose contact I got from the Indian distributor in Mumbai.

Seriously considering other brands that are cheaper. My HU installer told me the cheapest way to get damping done; please dont laugh, get waste cloth material from any mills and fill the door, floor, hatch and wherever it fits. Total cost will be less than 5k including installation (I dont know if we can call it an installation).

DerAlte has got some AD sheets, I am waiting to get some details from him. Probably its easier to short list the brands into cheap and best.
Old 6th September 2007, 23:32   #354
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrivz View Post
The only thing missing in my DIY damping was a layer of aluminium sheet (which acts as a heat resistant) over the the Butyl Rubber! and I was surely on the right track!
I am not sure of this but I think I read somewhere that the aluminium sheet is put to prevent the smell of rubber entering the cabin. Since you covered the rubber with closed cell foam, you didn't need the aluminium. IMHO yours was a perfect DIY damping job.
Old 6th September 2007, 23:45   #355
BHPian

Quote:
My HU installer told me the cheapest way to get damping done; please dont laugh, get waste cloth material from any mills and fill the door, floor, hatch and wherever it fits. Total cost will be less than 5k including installation (I dont know if we can call it an installation).
I visited Auto Fusion at Koramangala, Bangalore once, to know his install charges etc. (Thanks to Gopz who shown the way to reach there) and installers there were doing the same for a Santro being ICEd. I asked if water enters the waste clothes get dampen and woudn't it casuse problems? He answered he will cover all possible opening later so that nothing happens, no water goes inside by any chance.
Old 7th September 2007, 11:08   #356
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx
Dynamat sheets for 4 doors and hatch = 16k without installation charges.
That must be the Dynamat Xtreme Bulk Pak (36 sq. ft.). International retail price of USD 200!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx
get waste cloth material from any mills and fill the door, floor, hatch and wherever it fits. Total cost will be less than 5k including installation (I dont know if we can call it an installation).
Please don't do that, unless you want your doors to rust and fall off. And yet, 5k for that?
Old 7th September 2007, 15:06   #357
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyamhegde View Post
I visited Auto Fusion at Koramangala, Bangalore once, to know his install charges etc. (Thanks to Gopz who shown the way to reach there) and installers there were doing the same for a Santro being ICEd. I asked if water enters the waste clothes get dampen and woudn't it casuse problems? He answered he will cover all possible opening later so that nothing happens, no water goes inside by any chance.
Shiver me timbers! It is not only direct water ingress that will cause a problem. Over a period of time, moisture condensation (yeah, the door gasket guiding the glass is not impervious or air-tight) will accumulate and contribute to rusting surely. Wait till they find blisters forming in the paint at the bottom of the door panels. At least the sheet/liquid damping will act as an anti-rust coating.

It will work only in areas that are completely sealed off - there are not too many of those in a car - and that also when there are 2 planes between which the it can be stuffed. Touching only one side, it is only, well, psychological damping or placebo!
Old 7th September 2007, 15:21   #358
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nura View Post
Can you tell me from where in US you have taken the quotes? Web address would be good enough. I have someone who is coming back from US in november, i plan to get some dampening material across with them.

Any ideas how many sq.ft i would need to dampening the 4 doors and my boot in a viva crdi?
Old 7th September 2007, 16:40   #359
BHPian

Hi,

Below link for wuerth meterial, which is available in bangalore[Wuerth Elektronik India Pvt. Ltd], when contacted the person about this product he recommends, to used as sound dampaning material in cars,

I requesting you guys to go through this link, & post your opinion on this,

EMC & Inductive Solutions Product Catalog
Old 7th September 2007, 16:52   #360
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Dynamat is the only brand I could get a clear cut quote..Dynamat sheets for 4 doors and hatch = 16k .. Flooring and hood will come to another 16k.

DerAlte has got some AD sheets, I am waiting to get some details from him. Probably its easier to short list the brands into cheap and best.
I got 24 sheets of AD (4 boxes - 6 sheets to a box) for rs. 1400 per sheet. this sufficed for my Octy, my wife's Sail and my Mom's NHC. I did NOT damp the roof.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks