Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd May 2007, 13:56   #241
Team-BHP Support

moral, your close up pics are out of focus. I noticed the same in your fiat report. Which cam you use? also is macro enabled?
Old 22nd May 2007, 13:56   #242
Senior - BHPian

So far American Dynamic (available at Hot Tracks) and Wurth on JC Road are listed in this thread. Any other damping products and their availability in Bangalore. Please list the ones you know. Would be useful for DIY.
Old 22nd May 2007, 13:58   #243
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
Have received 36 rolls of AD damping in my office today. Am handing over 24 rolls to Navin.
And 4 to me. Don't forget.
Old 22nd May 2007, 13:59   #244
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
err kiran from what I have read so far, isnt this too thick ??
err, its kiran who's a bit thick here.

This damping is 2.6mm thick. The other variant is 1.7mm thick, same as Dynamat Xtreme, if that is any benchmark for comparison thickness-wise. 7 mm would be damn thick, but unlike rubber sheets which arent exactly malleable, this will still spread and occupy the space available. Very flexible and high density material. Perfectly visco-elastic. Another material which I'm getting a sample shipment of very soon is exactly Dynamat Xtreme in terms of composition. That is about 1mm thick, about that of Dynamat original, but with Alu foil and self adhesive too. About Rs. 150 per sq. ft, I'm hoping.
Old 22nd May 2007, 14:00   #245
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srishiva View Post
So far American Dynamic (available at Hot Tracks) and Wurth on JC Road are listed in this thread. Any other damping products and their availability in Bangalore. Please list the ones you know. Would be useful for DIY.
There are many other damping products like Fonomat(used by Hydra in his Palio) & Original Dynamat, Dynamat Extreme, etc. All are avilable with professional installers AFAIK.
Old 22nd May 2007, 14:08   #246
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
moral, your close up pics are out of focus. I noticed the same in your fiat report. Which cam you use? also is macro enabled?
Help me please. It is a Canon Powershot A95. I dont know A.b.c's about setting it up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble View Post
err, its kiran who's a bit thick here.

This damping is 2.6mm thick. The other variant is 1.7mm thick, same as Dynamat Xtreme, if that is any benchmark for comparison thickness-wise. 7 mm would be damn thick, but unlike rubber sheets which arent exactly malleable, this will still spread and occupy the space available. Very flexible and high density material. Perfectly visco-elastic. Another material which I'm getting a sample shipment of very soon is exactly Dynamat Xtreme in terms of composition. That is about 1mm thick, about that of Dynamat original, but with Alu foil and self adhesive too. About Rs. 150 per sq. ft, I'm hoping.
I need new eyes and better senses :(. So does my camera!

Btw whats the name of this product. I forgot to click the one which was black in colour. Can you shed more light on it?

Last edited by moralfibre : 22nd May 2007 at 14:09.
Old 22nd May 2007, 14:14   #247
Team-BHP Support

It should come out ok in auto mode. Also, are you doing the half press for the focus then pressing it further down fully to snap.

And camera shake steady hands as much as possible.

Camera is good dude. play around with it.

cheers

sorry for OT.
Old 22nd May 2007, 14:16   #248
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
It should come out ok in auto mode. Also, are you doing the half press for the focus then pressing it further down fully to snap.
Exactly what I do. Will play around with it to get it better next time . Thanks for the heads up.
Old 22nd May 2007, 19:22   #249
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtech View Post
And 4 to me. Don't forget.
Wed-Thu wifey's car gets damped. Fri my car gets damped (only the front door were damped earlier. Mon-Tues or there abouts Mom's car will get ICEd and damped (if only I can find a good cheap 5/6ch. amp, budget 20K -see marketplace).

Damping: Stage 1
Front Doors: 3 sheets
Under carpet: 2 Sheets
Trunk: 2 Sheets
Rear Doors:2 sheets
3 cars = 27 sheets but my car alreadyhas front doors done so 3 sheets less = 24 sheets.

Stage 2: If required Viper's boys will be coraled into doing underbody damping.
Old 23rd May 2007, 12:55   #250
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
Wed-Thu wifey's car gets damped. Fri my car gets damped (only the front door were damped earlier. Mon-Tues or there abouts Mom's car will get ICEd and damped (if only I can find a good cheap 5/6ch. amp, budget 20K -see marketplace).

Damping: Stage 1
Front Doors: 3 sheets
Under carpet: 2 Sheets
Trunk: 2 Sheets
Rear Doors:2 sheets
3 cars = 27 sheets but my car alreadyhas front doors done so 3 sheets less = 24 sheets.

Stage 2: If required Viper's boys will be coraled into doing underbody damping.
me want a peek when they do ye shkoda !! ???
Old 23rd May 2007, 12:59   #251
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Monkey View Post
Any time mate. They are not doing much just simple stuff. You've done a lot more for your car.
Old 23rd May 2007, 13:04   #252
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Monkey View Post
You mind posting some pics of YOUR Skoda? With all the new Uffers, Damping & Amplifires going in I think it's time you posted some pics of it.

P.S. What happened to the machine?
Old 23rd May 2007, 13:33   #253
Team-BHP Support

B&T posted a pic of the Sub. That was a little unusual given the compact self made FRP box.

The rest is quite a regular setup. Gunbir and B&T posts much better pics here. My ICE needs are dictated by the use of the Skoda to carry 2 30" bags + atleast 1 carry on to/from airports.

What I have:
Blau 275 driving Infinty 12" sub
Blau 450 driving 2 6" Blau midbasses (80Hz - 250Hz) in rear as I noticed that the rear speakers were too small to even do a decent job of the midbass.
Infintiy 340 driving front and rear.

Options: replace 450 and 275 with a single amp that can deliver 100 x 2 + 250 x 1

Last edited by navin : 23rd May 2007 at 13:37.
Old 24th May 2007, 03:47   #254
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
What I have:
Blau 275 driving Infinty 12" sub
Blau 450 driving 2 6" Blau midbasses (80Hz - 250Hz) in rear as I noticed that the rear speakers were too small to even do a decent job of the midbass.

Options: replace 450 and 275 with a single amp that can deliver 100 x 2 + 250 x 1
Navin Ji I am bit confused here....you are driving two set of speakers in the back......6 inch midbass and which speakers.....

we need some pics so that we can see the install......

that amp would be the 75.4.......
Old 24th May 2007, 10:39   #255
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
Navin Ji I am bit confused here........
repeat...
Blau 275 driving Infinty 12" sub (B&T posted a pic of this on thei forum)

Front Speakers are ScanSpeak woofers (18W) mated to Blau Silk domes from their 172. Rear are Vifa 13cm midbasses (P13W) mated to Vifa tweeters (D26NC) but using the Velocity tweeter's mesh. I got the tweeters for cheap as someone had friend one woofer and was discarding the set. I even managed to salvage the ferrite cores from the XO of the Velocity and use them to build an XO for my wifes car.

Crossovers are my own. I use Solen caps with a MIT 1uf bypas cap for the front, CTR poly caps for the rear and ferrite core inductors (air core makes it too big), XOs were built using LSP Cad.

I'd have to find all my papers to knwo the exact model numbers of the drivers but since they are really all out of production (the D26NC was the last to be in production) it really does not matter. IN fact Vifa is not v-linein the Peerless product range.

it gets complicated right? Now you know why i dont talk about what I use. Few care, and fewer understand and a few even think of me as the ultimate scavenger/cheapskate.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks