Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd July 2020, 21:15   #901
BHPian

Re: Queries in 'Ask the gurus' section

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLC5005 View Post
Hi Anshuman,
I too was contemplating to buy a Hypersonic system, for my i10. But couldn't find much reviews.

Then I came across this android system called 'Foxfire', through one of my friends and also by one of the reviews from our Team BHPian vsrivatsa.
So now I am planning to do some checks and go ahead with Foxfire instead of Hypersonic.

So, why don't you check below thread, related to Foxfire system in Honda City? Hopefully this might help you.
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-e...onda-city.html (Foxfire 10.1" 4G LTE Android Head-Unit upgrade in my Honda City)
Hi, checked the thread but don’t you think the prices of these android HUs, which are essentially rebranded chinese HUs, are quite high?
You can easily get branded HU from sony, pioneer etc with way better sound quality and reliability for a little more money.
Do let me know your thoughts.
anshuman_b is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2020, 21:52   #902
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by anshuman_b View Post
You can easily get branded HU from sony, pioneer etc with way better sound quality and reliability for a little more money.
If I may answer, in case you aren't really looking for an Android HU, I think you get the equivalent Pioneer/Sony/Kenwood HU that are reliable, good quality build-wise and great output in terms of audio SQ.
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2020, 22:59   #903
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
If I may answer, in case you aren't really looking for an Android HU, I think you get the equivalent Pioneer/Sony/Kenwood HU that are reliable, good quality build-wise and great output in terms of audio SQ.
Thanks for the advice, I’m thinking on the similar line too.
The only reason I’m looking for android HU is they look cool and the fit is almost OEM like but I’ll go for an android HU only if the sound quality doesn’t deteriorate much.
anshuman_b is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2020, 00:00   #904
BHPian

Quote:
Hi, checked the thread but don’t you think the prices of these android HUs, which are essentially rebranded chinese HUs, are quite high?
Yes, that's my opinion too.

Most of these budget android systems are rebranded Chinese HUs (as per few local accessories shop).
While there are few good brands as well, like myTVS and Nippon (Haven't used personally though).

Meanwhile,
As per my conversation with Foxfire team, they are claiming that their brand is 'Made in India', but not sure to what extent it is true.

Quote:

If sound quality and reliability are the topmost priority and if android interface is not a must have requirement, then it's a no brainer, that Pioneer/Sony are best choices.

I am not an audiophile and with very less knowledge interms of ICE. So the experts might suggest better.

Currently, my main criteria is towards android systems and max features within budget. Hence I am interested towards Fox fire system and yet to decide.

Quote:
Thanks Anurag, very well summarised.

(Just elaborating few points as per my understanding)

At the end of the day, it depends on what one wants from his new system and with what budget.
Based on this one can consider below 3 options :

Option 1 : Budget Android system
* Suits the user who is specifically looking for an android system with a strict budget
* Not suggested if you are an audiophile
* Will be available with max possible features
* Most system comes with OEM type fascia and fitment
* Smooth interface with capacitive touch screen. Feels more like a phone/tab
* Quality and reliability is a gamble
* Most of the times sound quality will be similar to OEM system, but no where close to that of Pioneer/Sony
* Price ranges from approximate 10k-15k for regular ones and 20-25k for higher models with SIM option
* Some of the popular brands are myTVS, Nippon, Foxfire, Hypersonic, Woodman etc.

Option 2 : Branded touch screen systems
(Available with both regular and android auto/carplay option)
* Suits the user, who is looking for a branded touch screen system with less budget and some more
* Best suited for audiophiles
* Build, sound quality and output will be good
* Reliable and good service support
* Most of the system comes with resistive touch screen and with Bluetooth, reverse camera support etc
* Higher models comes with android auto and car play options
* Fitment might require different front fascia, in most cases achieving OEM looks is difficult
* Price ranges from approximate 12k-to-20k for regular touch screen
* Price ranges from approximate 18k to 25k+ for higher models with android auto and car play
* Some of the popular brands are Sony, Pioneer, Kenwood, Blaupunkt, JVC etc.

Option 3 : Branded touch screen system with android interface
* Suits the user, who is looking for system with android interface and budget is not a constraint
* Best suited for audiophiles
* Build and sound quality will be top notch
* Reliable and good service support
* Higher models will have capacitive touch screen with many features
* Fitment might require different front fascia, in most cases achieving OEM looks is difficult
* Price starts from approximate 30k+
* The best brands are Sony and Pioneer and few other popular ones are Kenwood, Blaupunkt, JVC etc.

Last edited by DLC5005 : 23rd July 2020 at 00:07. Reason: Typo
DLC5005 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2020, 01:03   #905
BANNED

Quote:
The only reason I’m looking for android HU is they look cool and the fit is almost OEM like but I’ll go for an android HU only if the sound quality doesn’t deteriorate much.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLC5005 View Post
Currently, my main criteria is towards android systems and max features within budget. Hence I am interested towards Fox fire system and yet to decide.
Want an HU that is running on Android and from a reliable manufacturer, look at Pioneer SDA-835TAB. It is on the costlier side though.
a4anurag is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st July 2020, 11:49   #906
BHPian

Fellow BHPians,

Trust all are keeping well during this pandemic, and taking all the possible precautions to stay safe.

I am looking for a touchscreen-based ICE unit for a 2014 Audi A4 with CarPlay and Android Auto. I would prefer a wireless CarPlay option but am a bit wary about its longevity.

Evo-Bangalore products are overpriced and are not VFM. During the Covid-19 crisis, AliExpress can be banned by the GoI any day. So, I would prefer to buy it from India only.

Any shops in the Delhi/NCR region, wherein such a product is available?
And any recommendations for installing such a setup in the Delhi/NCR region?
Old 31st July 2020, 12:28   #907
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhineet Singh View Post
During the Covid-19 crisis, AliExpress can be banned by the GoI any day. So, I would prefer to buy it from India only.
Technically the AliExpress blocking would be due to the Ladakh crisis (China's stupidity) rather than Covid19.

The ban if enforced I think would only be on the app/website & actual channels to place orders. If you order while its still available, I don't see any problem in the shipping and delivery to you. Simply put - nobody at border control and ports has time to individually filter packages. Its cheaper to just charge the duties on them & forward to recipient. So if you don't have a problem with AliExpress - I think you can go ahead and order. Simply ask the seller to ship it immediately.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 31st July 2020 at 14:18. Reason: typo.
Reinhard is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2020, 12:36   #908
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
Technically the AliExpress blocking would be due to the Ladakh crisis (China's stupidity) rather than Covid19.
Right sir. I should have mentioned such an obvious point.
Mea culpa!

That being said, I would still prefer to buy from a local dealer. At the very least, I can reach out to someone in case the product goes bad. As the product is priced around 35-45k, would prefer to wait for things to settle down or buy it locally.

Last edited by Aditya : 31st July 2020 at 20:23. Reason: Quoted text edited
Old 31st July 2020, 15:52   #909
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Want an HU that is running on Android and from a reliable manufacturer, look at Pioneer SDA-835TAB. It is on the costlier side though.
Isn't that more a tablet than a Head Unit? It is an interesting product and reminds me of the old days when the face plate of the head unit (1 DIN) was detachable for security reasons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhineet Singh View Post
I am looking for a touchscreen-based ICE unit for a 2014 Audi A4 with CarPlay and Android Auto. I would prefer a wireless CarPlay option but am a bit wary about its longevity.
Abhineet, please try to avoid cross posting on multiple threads. Thanks.
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-e...-system-6.html (Apple's CarPlay iOS Info System)

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 31st July 2020 at 17:50. Reason: B2B, merged. :)
navin is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th October 2020, 12:41   #910
Senior - BHPian

Hi

Need some guidance please. I have a 2018 Creta SX which had come with the basic Bluetooth touchscreen HU, like in the lower models, so had been contemplating on upgrading the HU purely for the purpose of using Apple CarPlay and getting rid of the phone holder.

Im no audiophile so need something that serves the purpose. Im seeing good deals on blaupunkt New York 750, at just 12k in flipkart today, and also some good deals on Sony HUs as well. I would want to limit my purchase to under 15k or maybe 17k at best. In fact Sony XAVAX3000 is also listed just under 15k. I just need to ensure that the HU works with the existing externally installed rear camera and also the steering controls.

Any suggestions please?
Old 17th October 2020, 13:16   #911
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
I'm no audiophile so need something that serves the purpose. Im seeing good deals on blaupunkt New York 750, at just 12k in flipkart today, and also some good deals on Sony HUs as well
Sony is a good HU. Only negative I see in that HU is the resistive touch panel. I'll prefer a capacitive touchscreen but that feature isn't available in your budget range.

Get the Sony XAV-AX-3000. Steering controls and reverse camera will work without any issues.

Last edited by a4anurag : 17th October 2020 at 13:17.
Old 17th October 2020, 13:56   #912
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Sony is a good HU. Only negative I see in that HU is the resistive touch panel. I'll prefer a capacitive touchscreen but that feature isn't available in your budget range.

Get the Sony XAV-AX-3000. Steering controls and reverse camera will work without any issues.

Thanks for the feedback. I was trying to see if there is anyway I can try and can get a HU which has the OEM kind of finish. My current HU, although a basic touchscreen Bluetooth one, is very neatly fitted since its OEM. However none of the dealers have the OEM one and one dealer suggested a model called Motevo which is very similar to the OEM model, but costs a shocking 45k apparently! If I fit something like the Sony AX3000, the black plastic around that would be an eye sore! Not sure whats the way out though.
Old 19th October 2020, 09:38   #913
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Anurag, I was going through sony's website and couple of reviews for AX8000 on youtube. The reviews say that the headunit is a resistive head unit and its predecessor i.e. AX7000 is a Capactive one. Shouldn't it be the other way around, moving away from resistive touch screen to capative one?
Old 19th October 2020, 10:05   #914
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by drive_angry View Post
Hi Anurag, I was going through sony's website and couple of reviews for AX8000 on Youtube. The reviews say that the headunit is a resistive head unit and its predecessor i.e. AX7000 is a Capactive one. Shouldn't it be the other way around, moving away from resistive touch screen to capative one?

They should have kept the capacitive touch for the XAV-AX8000 which is in the premium end line up. This is one reason I went for Kenwood HU over the Sony.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2020, 12:35   #915
BHPian

Quote:

They should have kept the capacitive touch for the XAV-AX8000 which is in the premium end line up. This is one reason I went for Kenwood HU over the Sony.
Did you get it for your Creta? how compatible would it be for Innova Crysta-Z (MT)? I absolutely hate stock HU but I don't want to lose out on:

1. Steering wheel buttons to control MID, HU, and Calling functionality
2. OEM placement of mike and USB Slot - Although the USB's charging rate is much-much slower than the phone consumption rate and I would change the stock OEM USB slot in a heartbeat but the convenience of everything 'integrated' in the dash is making me think otherwise (I don't want USB cord from new HU dangling around).
3. MID fuel consumption and distance to empty functionality - I am not sure that it will be there in MID once HU is replaced
5. Stock fit and finish

Then main reason I am upgrading stock HU is because I want maps (Apple, Google or Waze) integrated in the HU, I also had considered keeping a beater phone and doubling up as a map device but long term affects in terms of security (thieves might target the car on seeing a smart phone in the car) and feasibility (in extreme heat) is keeping me tied down. I was also considering TomTom devices but they seem to be too cumbersome for some quick drives and having used Siri with apple car play to search places (I do it on my Creta all the time) and then thinking of using a TomTom, it seems like a chore

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks