Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd November 2019, 13:12   #886
BHPian

Re: Queries in 'Ask the gurus' section

Quote:
Originally Posted by drhoneycake View Post
The basic headunit on the elite i20 is made by Hyundai Mobis.

The AVN unit that came in the later models (2016 onwards) is made by Motrex.

What is the information you are looking for ??
Need to know the maximum output per channel, number of channels/connectors and if separate connector for sub is available
Old 20th December 2019, 01:17   #887

Hi All,

I am back with a few further questions on my audio setup

My current setup on my Brezza ZDI+ Factory HU -- Mosconi 4x6 DSP -- Alpine PDX5 Amp -- Morel Virtus 602 (2-way comps) front -- Morel Tempo (2-way comps) rear -- JBL 12inch woofer. Have double-layer STP damping on all 5 doors.

Now its time to upgrade the setup...
Changing the woofer to Morel Ultimo SC 12 in a custom-designed box. This part is done.

But this upgrade has raised a concern on the amplifier. The PDX5 works on 300W RMS @4ohms on the 5th channel but the SC needs 600 RMS @4ohms. So that has made me look at upgrading the amp.

Right now I am looking at getting the Alpine F6 running at 150W RMS x 4 channel @4ohms to drive the speakers and Alpine M6 or M12 for the subwoofer. (which one should I get?)

So questions...

Would these be the best choice?

I have also looked at Audison SR1DK for mono
I am also open to looking at Helix and/or Rockford Fosgate amplifier for this setup, keeping in mind that I need a minimum of 130W RMS x4 channel @4 ohms and 600W RMS x1 @4 ohms

Keeping in mind I am looking for an SQ setup.
Sorry for this long note. Hope to hear back soon. Thank you.
-Sunny

Last edited by navin : 20th December 2019 at 11:31. Reason: several formatting and typographical errors
Old 20th December 2019, 11:34   #888
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnysdome View Post

Changing the woofer to Morel Ultimo SC 12 in a custom-designed box. This part is done.

But this upgrade has raised a concern on the amplifier. The PDX5 works on 300W RMS @4ohms on the 5th channel but the SC needs 600 RMS @4ohms. So that has made me look at upgrading the amp.

Right now I am looking at getting the Alpine F6 running at 150W RMS x 4 channel @4ohms to drive the speakers and Alpine M6 or M12 for the subwoofer. (which one should I get?)

I have also looked at Audison SR1DK for mono
If you are otherwise satisfied with the sound quality of the PDX5 then why not just add a monoblock like the SR1DK?
Old 20th December 2019, 12:01   #889
BHPian

Hi Members,

I currently own a 2017 Ertiga VDI. To be clear, I have no idea on The ICE provided by the manufacturer is fine, I am just looking to upgrade the speaker set up alone in the car.

The speakers along with the door pad vibrate really harsh even at a volume of 9-10. I understand a bit of dampening might solve the vibration issue and will give a better output.

I am looking forward good speakers,tweeters that provide decent bass and need good quality output. Could you guys suggest speaker set up for this ?

Please note I cannot afford a sub woofer as that will eat up space in the boot (With the newly arrived twin boys need a lot of storage as you all know )

And also a question on touchscreen ICE, say for example if I go with a one that supports Apple Car Play / Android Auto will I still be able to use the controls in steering column ? (Mute, change tracks , blue tooth telephony etc.,)

Last edited by RJ411 : 20th December 2019 at 12:08.
Old 20th December 2019, 22:04   #890

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
If you are otherwise satisfied with the sound quality of the PDX5 then why not just add a monoblock like the SR1DK?

Thanks Navin for your response. As per what I know/read to drive the optimum performance from the speakers that I have it would be ideal to drive them at around 120-150RMs. Also for a good SQ if i get a 600RMS mono if the 4 channel also total to 600, that would be the ideal setup.

Again, this is what all I have read and come to understand, so asking you gurus if that is correct and your recommendations on this
Old 31st December 2019, 05:59   #891
Senior - BHPian

Looking for suggestions for my 2012 Innova Vx.

The stock head unit has to stay. I have a pair of 12 inch Kenwood subs in a box and a pair of Kenwood 7x10 oval speakers. I removed these from my swift may years ago and plan to repurpose them in the Innova.

One option is to get a 4 channel amp with speaker Level inputs and run the speakers and 1 sub with it.

The other option is to get line out convertor with the HU and then use rca preamp connectors into the amps.

Which would be a better option keeping cost at minimum? And a decent 4 channel amp.

Subwoofer power requirement is 175 watt rms @4 ohms
Speakers is 80 Watts rms @ 4 ohms. Per channel.
Old 17th March 2020, 17:17   #892
Senior - BHPian

I got an old amplifier while purchasing my swift. The amp was not used on the swift, but was handed over to me by the seller.

I am thinking if this Amp can be used to install a subwoofer.

The head unit in the car doesn't have a pre amp out. It has a RCA out and speaker level outs

I tested the amp by connecting a pair of 6x9s to the outputs, direct wiring from a 12v/10A power supply and input from an old cell phone via a 3.5mm to RCA cable , and the Amplifier is working

I couldnt find a manual for this amp online.

1. if I want to use this to power a sub, how should I connect the RCA input ? (I checked changing the switch shown in picture from FLAT to SUB and there was no difference in output)
2. If I want to power all 4 door speakers ( Sony 100w aftermarket 6.5 inch), how should I connect the inputs? ( I am a bit confused on the 'BTL ' notation and the ON/OFF switches.

Any help will be appreciated.

Queries in 'Ask the gurus' section-profile-amp.jpg
Old 21st March 2020, 17:25   #893
BHPian

Hi fellow bhpians ,
Bought new ford aspire trend plus 2019 , comes with touchscreen unit including navigation , but the sound is just avg , earlier i had 2015 aspire and i think that was a better sounding car , though its my personal opinion . Now i m thinking of upgrade with existing sound setup. I will be doing damping on all four doors and no sub will be added as i need boot space and dont like woofers either. Just want quality sound .
I made two plans -
1. Front comp + rear coaxilals with 4 channel amp

(i m getting a blaupunkt 4 channel amp used like new for 5k)

2. Get 4 good quality coaxials like polk or kicker and use without amp

The installer i went to is suggesting 4 pioneer comp TS C601N with amp

My budget is 15k for speakers and amp

Pls suggest and thanks in advance
satnam141 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th May 2020, 16:14   #894
BHPian

Hi,

Looking to upgrade the OEM HU on my 2010 Ford Fiesta Diesel EXI, The car has Ford fitted parking sensors which are connected to a small device on the dashboard which tells how far the car is.

I want to fit in a reverse camera and want to continue using the sensors that are already fitted, need the reverse cam display to come on the HU and it should be able to play music from a pendrive, the car is usually driven by a driver, hence want something dependable for the upgrade, please do share details on what HU would be dependable and what to consider while putting in the reverse camera.
Regards
Shailesh
Old 30th May 2020, 16:31   #895
Senior - BHPian

If that has ford sync or similar you may end up with having to keep the HU that's in place as service alerts like door open, needs service etc are displayed on it. In that case fit a small external monitor on your dash or clip onto your IRVM for the reverse camera.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspire View Post
Hi,

Looking to upgrade the OEM HU on my 2010 Ford Fiesta Diesel EXI, The car has Ford fitted parking sensors which are connected to a small device on the dashboard which tells how far the car is.

I want to fit in a reverse camera and want to continue using the sensors that are already fitted, need the reverse cam display to come on the HU and it should be able to play music from a pendrive, the car is usually driven by a driver, hence want something dependable for the upgrade, please do share details on what HU would be dependable and what to consider while putting in the reverse camera.
Regards
Shailesh
hserus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th May 2020, 16:45   #896
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
If that has ford sync or similar you may end up with having to keep the HU that's in place as service alerts like door open, needs service etc are displayed on it. In that case fit a small external monitor on your dash or clip onto your IRVM for the reverse camera.
Hi Suresh,
It's a an old car, doesn't have Ford sync, had thought of an external screen but didnt want the clutter.
Thanks
Shailesh
Old 30th May 2020, 16:50   #897
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Suresh,
It's a an old car, doesn't have Ford sync, had thought of an external screen but didnt want the clutter.
Thanks
Shailesh
Well then there's nothing that stops you from tossing out the old HU and fitting whatever deck fits into the enclosure. Check with an installer if he has the right fascia for that model or not.
Old 30th May 2020, 19:01   #898
BANNED

Quote:
You can look at Pioner AVH-Z5290 or Sony XAV5000 which roughly fall in that ~₹25,000 range.

For faceplate, you can check this link. Also any reputed car accessory store will have the faceplate for the old Fiesta.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2020, 11:20   #899
BHPian

Hi,
Have anyone used android HU by this brand called Hypersonic. How is the sound quality from these head units?
I’m looking to upgrade HU of my Honda city 2015 and while researching I saw this brand all over the YouTube.
They seem to make tall claims about their products, not sure how much is true as most of these youtube reviewers are paid.
On the positive side, the fit and finish looks almost OEM like.

Last edited by anshuman_b : 22nd July 2020 at 11:34. Reason: Typing error.
Old 22nd July 2020, 13:13   #900
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anshuman_b View Post
Hi,
Have anyone used android HU by this brand called Hypersonic. How is the sound quality from these head units?
I’m looking to upgrade HU of my Honda city 2015 and while researching I saw this brand all over the YouTube.
Hi Anshuman,
I too was contemplating to buy a Hypersonic system, for my i10. But couldn't find much reviews.

Then I came across this android system called 'Foxfire', through one of my friends and also by one of the reviews from our Team BHPian vsrivatsa.
So now I am planning to do some checks and go ahead with Foxfire instead of Hypersonic.

So, why don't you check below thread, related to Foxfire system in Honda City? Hopefully this might help you.
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-e...onda-city.html

Last edited by DLC5005 : 22nd July 2020 at 13:18. Reason: Typo
DLC5005 is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks