BHPian

Re: Queries in 'Ask the gurus' section

Dear Folks,

I am in market looking to replace the stock HU of my 2020 Crysta GX

My requirements are
1 Voice clarity over phone calls
2 Google/ apple maps navigation
3 Proper fitment

I am not an audiophile and I am ok with the sound quality of the OEM setup. May consider upgrading the stock speakers though.
Budget: 50K, can stretch in case of worthy options availability.

I went to my trusted accessories shop and short listed a few

1 Pioneer ZS 9350 BT INR 60-80K
It is a perfect fit for the Crysta, how ever it seems to be out of stock in NCR. Last known price is 60k That will be a bit of stretch of budget but worth considering due to perfect fit, wireless AA/CP with Alexa built in. Not sure when the same may be back in stock and at what price.

2 Pioneer ZS 8290 BT INR 45K
8 inch HU, needs an additional fascia to fit the crysta. The panel as claimed on the website is not available anywhere or atleast the dealer is not aware of. Checked with few other shops and got a blank.
It may not be a perfect fit but fits my budget perfectly. Aesthetics will be compromised for sure. Another issue is that the data cable will be left in the dashboard. It will be difficult to connect the phone from drivers seat and dangling cables will look ugly.

3. Branded Android HUs INR 20-40k
I considered a few, so called branded ones. Blaupunkt Key Largo with 2gb ram and 16 gb storage. Costs close to 20k. Another soon to be launched Blaupunkt Santa Rosa 4/32 gb retailing at 35k. The vendor suggested me a brand of yesteryears Nakamichi. It has specifications and price similar to Blaupunkt. With 9" screen size these Android HU are a perfect fit. At this price point I can consider damping and speaker upgrade as well.

My dilemma is

a. Is it worth waiting and spending 60-80 K for the Pioneer system? Will they last 8-10 years. Are they really worth the price difference since my requirements are limited? Is some new technology catching up with the HUs that I am not aware of?

b. Are these (?) branded Android HU any better than the non branded ones. Are these android HUs like our mobiles, showing signs aging, hanging and slowing down with time. Should I go ahead with the 2/16 GB models at 20k and consider changing the HU after another 3-4 years? Or should I consider the 4gb/32 gb models at 35k. At 35k I some how feel I should go ahead with 8 inch pioneer HU.

c. Is there a way/Jugaad to have AA/CP work with the stock unit? There are few products and videos online, which suggest the same can be done. Not sure of the quality and availability in India.

d. Is there something else available in market I am not aware of?

Hope the Gurus can help me out.

Thanks and regards
Bravo

Last edited by bravo82in : 11th September 2021 at 09:14. Reason: Missed the boat.
bravo82in is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th June 2022, 15:33   #932
Senior - BHPian

Folks, need some help with my existing setup. On my Ford Figo I have an about 8yr old setup with Infinity comps up front, amp and a sub. Rear door stock speakers directly from HU. The amp (groundzero) takes the direct HL HU inputs. Offlate for last few months I am noticing that front left speaker has some occasional static which has no pattern. Sometimes its very mild and at times very audible and jarring.

I disconnected the HU HL inputs to the amp but that didnt make a difference so its surely somewhere between amp and speakers. I opened the door pads and checked all the speaker connections, nothing seemed off. Only thing I didnt do was check the component signal splitter since I had sealed it completely to avoid water related issues. Could that be causing it or it could be an amp issue?
Old 16th June 2022, 12:43   #933
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supertinu View Post
Offlate for last few months I am noticing that front left speaker has some occasional static which has no pattern. Sometimes its very mild and at times very audible and jarring.

I disconnected the HU HL inputs to the amp but that didnt make a difference so its surely somewhere between amp and speakers. I opened the door pads and checked all the speaker connections, nothing seemed off. Only thing I didnt do was check the component signal splitter since I had sealed it completely to avoid water related issues. Could that be causing it or it could be an amp issue?
Have you tried switching the Left and Right channels in the Amp. This will help isolate the issue (If the problem is with the speakers or the Amp).
prashantuchil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th June 2022, 14:48   #934
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prashantuchil View Post
Have you tried switching the Left and Right channels in the Amp. This will help isolate the issue (If the problem is with the speakers or the Amp).
good idea, didnt think of it. will try over the weekend.
Old 17th June 2022, 15:08   #935
BHPian

Is it a good idea to buy ten years old audio gear (used). The speakers have been wrapped and kept in cupboard. These include:

1. Illusion audio ND6 Components, one pair,
2. Illusion Audio ND8 mids.
3. Illusion audio ND 12-one pair.

If yes, what should be fair price of these? The guy is offering all these as a package only, and asking 40K.
Old 19th June 2022, 09:11   #936
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bravo82in View Post
Dear Folks,

I am in market looking to replace the stock HU of my 2020 Crysta GX

My requirements are
1 Voice clarity over phone calls
2 Google/ apple maps navigation
3 Proper fitment
Bravo, did you manage to upgrade your HU? What option did you go with? Would love to know.
Old 21st June 2022, 09:06   #937
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
Bravo, did you manage to upgrade your HU? What option did you go with? Would love to know.
Went for Blaupunkt Santa Rosa 32/4 Gb. Using a usb dongle for internet. Supports android Auto though I never use the feature. Supports iPhone screen mirroring too, again I never use the feature. Happy with the setup so far. Keeps my phone free specially when chauffeur driven. Only glitch is the quality of Bluetooth voice calls. It’s not as good as the stock system.
bravo82in is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th August 2022, 17:41   #938
Distinguished - BHPian

Looks like the front left speaker in my Storme has gone kaput, possibly the paper element damaged/torn. It's a Diamond Audio component.

What would be the comparable/one-level-up brands to replace this with ? (I understand I may have to replace both left & right speakers)
Old 16th August 2022, 18:40   #939
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Looks like the front left speaker in my Storme has gone kaput, possibly the paper element damaged/torn. It's a Diamond Audio component.

What would be the comparable/one-level-up brands to replace this with ? (I understand I may have to replace both left & right speakers)
Perhaps, you could try the Morels this time around. The Maximos were rated at 90W RMS, I believe. If you have a decent amp to power them up, that will be good. Very warm sounding speakers they are. I had them in the Dicor, had the doors damped too. I've not listened to the Diamond Audio speakers, though.

Last edited by jeeva : 16th August 2022 at 18:41.
jeeva is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2022, 20:05   #940
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post

Well, that depends on the budget you have in mind
Old 19th August 2022, 00:24   #941
Distinguished - BHPian

Help request:

Does anyone in South Bangalore have Morel in their car ? Would like a quick listen.

Thanks in advance
Old 1st September 2022, 13:44   #942
TNT

Dear folks,

I had installed a Crosslink infotainment system from my dealer, on my Tata Punch. Initially the physical buttons which were already on the car for the factory-fitted system used to work for the Crosslink system too. But after about 2 weeks since installation they have stopped working.

I am also facing an issue with the FM radio- It has very bad reception when the car is moving. It is fine when car is at a standstill.

Any solutions would be appreciated.
Old 3rd September 2022, 11:44   #943

Toyota Glanza 2022, Smart Playcast app does not open in my Samsung M31 mobile. Anyone else facing similar issues. Also attached a snapshot for same.
Attached Thumbnails
Queries in 'Ask the gurus' section-screenshot_20220903105621_device-care.jpg  

Old 24th September 2022, 12:21   #944
Senior - BHPian

Hi experts, I have a Alpine 6×9 inch coaxial speakers lying idle at home, currently my Figo has basic audio upgrade with 4 channel amp and front component speakers and rear ones are coaxial ones.

Do it make sense to add these oval Alpine ones to the rear parcel tray? My installer says power will be drawn from the rear speaker's power source from the amp.

Kindly advise.
Old 27th September 2022, 10:53   #945
BHPian

Hello all,
I own Ertiga 2019 ZXi AT. It comes with stock non-touch media unit only. I have opted for 5yrs extended warranty. They didn't release ZXi+ in AT variant. I reside in Bangalore south.

I need advice on installing music/entertainment unit with display unit and reverse camera.

What are the latest must have technical specifications and features?

What I read so far:

Capacitive touchscreen
LED display
2 USB slots
RAM min 6 GB
DSP
Canbus for steering control
Support for multiple camera display for 360view

Please share your advice and recommendations on the unit and camera. I don't have connects with reliable mechanics for fitting after -market units. Any reliable leads, please do share.

I have an upcoming road trip during coming week, I would love to get this installed if I get a chance

Thank in advance!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks