Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th August 2008, 16:28   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Bong View Post
What crossover point & slope are you using?
Thanks, F_B! But well, you know how these comps are, don't you?

The Midbass is on "All Pass", Tweeter is on 1st Order slope, 4.7uF & 0dB. Text-book settings right now, till I burn the comps in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gill View Post
Post the pics. How much do the compos cost?
Why not active if going with Front+sub setup!
Thanks, Gill! They are 34K.

I don't want to go through the extended process of tune, tune again, tune again... involved with the active setup. And well, since I've got the passive XOs with enough adjustments as part of the kit, I wanted to see how the speakers sounded with them anyway. The 9887 does support front + sub active, and I did have the 4 + 1 chs of amplification needed for an active setup, but well, I didn't want to go in the experimentation mode from the get go.

Anyway, when I upgrade to a good 4-ch amp (= TRU Steel44, hopefully), I will be sticking to the passive setup itself (2-chs for the speakers and 2-chs bridged for the sub).
Old 17th August 2008, 16:34   #32
Senior - BHPian

Here are the pics Please forgive bad mobile cam pics. I will put up better pics as son as I can click them.

I request the mods to let the pics be left as a separate post.

ICE Upgrade in Hydra's Hatch II (Swift Zxi) - Alpine,  Image Dynamics, TRU Tech-door3.jpg
ICE Upgrade in Hydra's Hatch II (Swift Zxi) - Alpine,  Image Dynamics, TRU Tech-door1.jpg
ICE Upgrade in Hydra's Hatch II (Swift Zxi) - Alpine,  Image Dynamics, TRU Tech-tweet1.jpg
ICE Upgrade in Hydra's Hatch II (Swift Zxi) - Alpine,  Image Dynamics, TRU Tech-tweet_long.jpg
ICE Upgrade in Hydra's Hatch II (Swift Zxi) - Alpine,  Image Dynamics, TRU Tech-boot3.jpg
ICE Upgrade in Hydra's Hatch II (Swift Zxi) - Alpine,  Image Dynamics, TRU Tech-boot1.jpg
ICE Upgrade in Hydra's Hatch II (Swift Zxi) - Alpine,  Image Dynamics, TRU Tech-boot2.jpg
Old 17th August 2008, 16:35   #33
Senior - BHPian

Awesome writeup. Many congrats hydra, seems like youre having a lot of fun with the setup.

I can hardly wait to have my XS + IDMax10 + Q Amp 2ch + Q Amp Mono install done

Cheers.

Last edited by Technocrat : 18th August 2008 at 14:47. Reason: Removed the 'for sale' content.
Old 17th August 2008, 17:00   #34
Senior - BHPian

Oye hoye, Good one Hydra

Congrats on getting married with new ICE man. Totally good stuff bro. Like the AMP rack very much.

One pointer hope it helps, try running the sub facing the back of the boot, it might improve some things, Maybe.
Old 17th August 2008, 17:12   #35
Team-BHP Support

do those steering wheel controls work with the 9887?
Old 17th August 2008, 17:42   #36
BHPian

@Anup,
Nice amp rack there,I am thinking of doing something like that,Write up on it's construcion along with pics would be of great help.
Old 17th August 2008, 18:39   #37
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations, @hydra!

Click some good pics to do justice to the drivers, man. Tchah, right now it looks like a coy new bride with curtain cloth as a veil!
Old 17th August 2008, 19:02   #38
BHPian

too good, mouth watering and pocket tottering
Very clean and very neat!!!
Old 17th August 2008, 19:16   #39

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

YUmmy!!the comps look beautiful!!
Waitig to get showered with money so that even i can EXCESSise my ICE..
Old 17th August 2008, 20:10   #40
Senior - BHPian

Hydra, setup's looking good. A suggestion: get the tweeter grilles painted to match your A pillar colour. They are easily disassembled as shown.

Enjoy!
Attached Thumbnails
ICE Upgrade in Hydra's Hatch II (Swift Zxi) - Alpine,  Image Dynamics, TRU Tech-image020.jpg  

ICE Upgrade in Hydra's Hatch II (Swift Zxi) - Alpine,  Image Dynamics, TRU Tech-image021.jpg  

ICE Upgrade in Hydra's Hatch II (Swift Zxi) - Alpine,  Image Dynamics, TRU Tech-image022.jpg  

Old 17th August 2008, 21:49   #41
BHPian

I never knew that component speakers this expensive existed around 4 months back, that's when i got serious with teambhp and ICE. Anyway dude this is a ride i really want to have an audition in.

Are these comps really available with Zuheimi ? Know any body else who's running around Cochin with similar SQ Oriented Setups ? Had see enough SPL Oriented Installs from Galaxy. Waste of money i would say, and these morons shell out this kind of money for what a DB Drag ? The guys who do this kind of SPL Oriented installs have never even heard about DB Drag thats the funniest part of it all. Overkill seems to be the Norm with Mallus these days.
Old 17th August 2008, 22:08   #42
Senior - BHPian

Thanks again, everybody!

@Arush, that looks like a great setup coming up!

@l_b_m, thanks, bro! About the box, it was originally facing the boot. The bass is just a bit softer the way it is now, and I felt the the integration with the fronts has improved with this arrangement.

@akshay1234, nope, the steering controls don't work. I don't think there is a harness available yet, to get the HU to be wired to the steering controls. I'm sure a good engineer can find a way to do it with a bit of elbow grease, but I don't think the actual benefits will be worth the effort on my part.

@Gill, I'm afraid I don't have any w-i-p pics this time :(. I wasn't there most of the time, and the time I was there, I was paying attention to the setting up/tuning.

@DerAlte, thank you! Couldn't click pics earlier :( Will try and do that the next time the grills need to be removed -- I might try point-source mode when I put-in a new amp. I hope that time with come soon! Here is a pic I snagged off the ID forums:
ICE Upgrade in Hydra's Hatch II (Swift Zxi) - Alpine,  Image Dynamics, TRU Tech-xs-comps2.jpg

@nickoo, thanks!

@hellie, they will be worth the step-up. I'd listened to the CTX comps and they were really good. But these really raise the bar!

@Gunbir, thanks again. Painting them to the colour of the A-Pillar is a great idea! Lemme see if that can be done soon! I'll hold off till I try them in point-source mode with the new amp, though

Last edited by hydrashok : 17th August 2008 at 22:09.
Old 18th August 2008, 01:16   #43
BHPian

Congrats my friend, thats some great ICE you have got there

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrashok View Post
Thanks again, everybody!
@akshay1234, nope, the steering controls don't work. I don't think there is a harness available yet, to get the HU to be wired to the steering controls. I'm sure a good engineer can find a way to do it with a bit of elbow grease, but I don't think the actual benefits will be worth the effort on my part.
Ofcourse its possible to retain the steering audio controls if you use a steering wheel remote interface, something like this PAC SWI-X Steering Wheel Radio Control Interface at Crutchfield.com which can make the steering mounted remote to work even with an after market head-unit. Hope it helps

Cheers
Old 18th August 2008, 04:11   #44
BHPian

Congrats hydra! Verrrry good selection of equipment. Gunbir, I also want! ASAP. with discount !
Old 18th August 2008, 10:25   #45
Senior - BHPian

@muneemmk, you are welcome to audition the ICE! We can meet up in the weekend. I don't think Zuheimi has stock available for sale right now (they generally get more expensive stuff on order), but usually, they can get the items in hand within a week of order.

There are quite a few really serious SQ installs in Kochi. The cars are usually not that flashy and a lot of the people who have these installs are older gentlemen so not many people notice. Nearly all these installs go through Zuheimi. You are right about the craze for loud-showy ICE. I'd seen the pics of those installs you'd put up, and the intention of the installs is quite clear in most cases, from the equipment used.

@rev_hard, thank you very much!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks