Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th August 2008, 12:48   #61
Senior - BHPian

@navin, nope. Same old box and sub There are some (not so good) install pics on page 3 of the thread.

@hellspawn, no deal!

@redfire, thank you! I'll definitely look you all up when I'm in TVM next. Yes, do buzz me when you're in Cochin.
Old 21st August 2008, 10:04   #62
Senior - BHPian

congrats hydra! they look awesome (am sure they sound pretty good as well). Cheers!
Old 21st August 2008, 20:05   #63
Senior - BHPian

Thank you, Panky!
Old 22nd August 2008, 12:21   #64
BHPian

Congrats Hydra !!
Sorry but the Amp rack is the best part of the entire setup, i am getting ideas for my car now
Old 24th August 2008, 12:20   #65
BHPian

Congratulations @hydrashok! And all the best for the new amp.
Old 24th August 2008, 20:38   #66
Senior - BHPian

Thank you, @madoverclocker & nura!
Old 25th August 2008, 11:47   #67
BHPian

Hey anup, i missed this thread all these days. Great set up & as sriram pointed out you & zuhemi are making a good ICE pair.

I know this is "the last upgrade you do in the car & its going to stay for long." I love to hear that from you again & again.

How about an ICE meet coming weekend? Zak will tell you about the Musical weekend we had.

Last edited by mansidea : 25th August 2008 at 11:48.
Old 26th August 2008, 01:43   #68

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

hey hydra,even though the components are different and better than the hertz,do you notice a difference in sound quality in the swift vs the palio?Im talking about in cabin acoustics.Which one do you think is better as you have had similar equipment in both the cars.
Though this question seems highly illogical,i was curious and wanted to figure out whether cars play an imortant role in the sound?
Old 26th August 2008, 05:42   #69
Senior - BHPian

congratulations Hydra, the upgrade is awesome and nothing less. and i am seriously looking forward to see your amp upgrades you planned for these babies.
Old 26th August 2008, 21:24   #70
Senior - BHPian

@mansidea, thank you! Yep, let us meet up in the weekend. Will call Zak and setup

@hellspawn, I really can't compare the Palio and the Swift in terms of addition to SQ. Basically because of what you pointed out -- the speakers are different, and the setup is now front + sub. BUT, there are some differences in terms of install, that would add/take away from the sound if we compare a Palio & Swift:

1) The Palio had "lossy" door-pads, in the sense that the backwave was not fully contained, and the back-wave could escape form the gap between the door-pad and the door. The Swift's doors, after damping are a nearly totally sealed environment and that definitely improves things. Even the door-pad design of the Swift itself helps contain the backwave. Advantage Swift.

2) I did not (have to) do serious damping for the Palio's doors or hatch. But the Swift had to the damped solid, with mucho $$ spent. But the damping has definitely made the Swift's doors & hatch a better ICE-environment, IMHO. Advantage Swift (in my case).

3) The Swift lets in more road noise into the cabin as against the Palio. Advantage Palio.

4) The Swift has a deeper dash, and the distance between the driver's head and the A-pillar/Dash/Windscreen corners is at least 10% more than that in a Palio. I think a tweeter placement in the A-pillars of the Swift will give a deeper image than in the Palio (this is just an assumption). Advantage Swift.

5) Though I did not take advantage of it, the rear-door speakers being placed at the bottom of the doors, rather than in the parcel-tray area is a definite advantage to the sound in the Swift.

6) The Palio's HU install location is better than the Swift's. I could reach and operate the HU better in the Palio.

7) The Palio has more space in the boot (which always is an advantage).

8) Coming back to the front door locations, the area from the Swift's door, into the foot-well "tunnel" is less of a "tunnel" (than in the Palio), so I think there is less of an unnatural pulling of the sound to the bottom in the Swift.

Can't think of anything else now, but the more I think of it, you had a really nice thought. Too bad I couldn't try out the old ESK163s in the Swift to really see how different it was. But then, as far as the cabin environment is concerned, I think a good installer can overcome a lot of the minuses that may come with some cars (as long as money can be spent for that).

@rider60, thank you! It is just "amp" upgrade for now. No plan for "amps". Like my signature says, The ICE has got balls of STEEL coming soon ;-) Watch this space!
Old 26th August 2008, 22:14   #71
BANNED

Wow! That was a very good unbiased comparison between 2 cars in terms of ICEing.

We are waiting for that Balls of Steel upgrade.
Old 26th August 2008, 22:54   #72
BHPian

congrats on the new setup anup,got to check it out sometime!!remember that day we spent listening to music at baypride mall?!!
Old 27th August 2008, 03:51   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrashok View Post

@rider60, thank you! It is just "amp" upgrade for now. No plan for "amps". Like my signature says, The ICE has got balls of STEEL coming soon ;-) Watch this space!

i have an eye on this space, but mate, you let out the surprise with that signature, mannn it would have been better off as a surprise. well any way, i have my one eye fixed here for the time being.
Old 27th August 2008, 04:25   #74

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

[quote=hydrashok;954324]
@hellspawn, I really can't compare the Palio and the Swift in terms of addition to SQ. Basically because of what you pointed out -- the speakers are different, and the setup is now front + sub. BUT, there are some differences in terms of install, that would add/take away from the sound if we compare a Palio & Swift:

1) The Palio had "lossy" door-pads, in the sense that the backwave was not fully contained, and the back-wave could escape form the gap between the door-pad and the door. The Swift's doors, after damping are a nearly totally sealed environment and that definitely improves things. Even the door-pad design of the Swift itself helps contain the backwave. Advantage Swift.
Hmmm...trying to figure this one out.

2) I did not (have to) do serious damping for the Palio's doors or hatch. But the Swift had to the damped solid, with mucho $$ spent. But the damping has definitely made the Swift's doors & hatch a better ICE-environment, IMHO. Advantage Swift (in my case).
Cant really say,dont have a swift and haven't damped the siena at all.

3) The Swift lets in more road noise into the cabin as against the Palio. Advantage Palio.
True that!

4) The Swift has a deeper dash, and the distance between the driver's head and the A-pillar/Dash/Windscreen corners is at least 10% more than that in a Palio. I think a tweeter placement in the A-pillars of the Swift will give a deeper image than in the Palio (this is just an assumption). Advantage Swift.
You are actually right.The positioning in the swift helps in achieving more depth in the soundstage.One of the reasons why a getz is better for iceing when compared even to the swift.
5) Though I did not take advantage of it, the rear-door speakers being placed at the bottom of the doors, rather than in the parcel-tray area is a definite advantage to the sound in the Swift.

6) The Palio's HU install location is better than the Swift's. I could reach and operate the HU better in the Palio.
Agree with that.

7) The Palio has more space in the boot (which always is an advantage).
cool.

8) Coming back to the front door locations, the area from the Swift's door, into the foot-well "tunnel" is less of a "tunnel" (than in the Palio), so I think there is less of an unnatural pulling of the sound to the bottom in the Swift.
Quite possible.

Can't think of anything else now, but the more I think of it, you had a really nice thought. Too bad I couldn't try out the old ESK163s in the Swift to really see how different it was. But then, as far as the cabin environment is concerned, I think a good installer can overcome a lot of the minuses that may come with some cars (as long as money can be spent for that).
Well a couple of cars cant really be helped like the civic.
Old 27th August 2008, 21:08   #75
Senior - BHPian

@zakko, thank you!

@carfreak, long time, buddy! Yep, I do remember that evening That was fun! Joseph asked about you the other day. We should meet up! Are you in Kerala for Onam?

@hellspawn, about the doors, what I meant is that the Swift's doors are a virtual sealed environment (once damped and padded properly). But the Palio's doors, unless damped (thus closing all openings in the door, under the door-pad), will release the back wave to the front through the gaps between the door-pads and the door. The Swift sounds better here.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks