Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th June 2011, 16:25   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar

Make that two copies Anoop! Lazy me, cant get myself to burn CD's for the love of life!
If someone can give me the source in a Usb,I would be more than happy to burn the cd's for you.
Old 9th June 2011, 16:30   #32
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: ICE for my VW Vento?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jealousdiamond View Post
Well Anoop .. You can for for JBL 608 C or some components from Illusion (though higher on the pricing front ) . Both of them sound good .
That is mostly Greek to me. All I know after reading T-BHP and Sam's posts is that JBL= good .

Quote:
The CD way . So should I expect a party for saving you some grands .
Yup- better be there on Saturday!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar View Post
Make that two copies Anoop! Lazy me, cant get myself to burn CD's for the love of life!
I have a decent collection of metal and hard rock,plus some alternative/grunge. You're welcome to it anyime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
Sorry if this is a bit basic, but can you not change the backlight colour? If possible, it will earn you some brownie points you could use elsewhere. Worth a try I guess!
Can I? Will check next time I am at Car Cupid. Though that guy will probably hate me now that I've decided against his 40K Caska
Old 9th June 2011, 16:37   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
I have a decent collection of metal and hard rock,plus some alternative/grunge. You're welcome to it anyime.
Now this will be the height of laziness:
Swanand bhai: when you make a copy, can you make one for me too!

Quote:
Can I? Will check next time I am at Car Cupid. Though that guy will probably hate me now that I've decided against his 40K Caska
I think you can, better to verify. Do keep us posted for our info too!
You dont have to tell him yet that you have decided against, just tell him to wait & watch (sorry, preparing myself mentally for 1:1s here)
Old 9th June 2011, 16:48   #34
BHPian

Quote:
That is mostly Greek to me. All I know after reading T-BHP and Sam's posts is that JBL= good .
Yup- better be there on Saturday!

Well , JBL = Good , but Illusion / Boston Accoustics / Power accoustics = Excellent . More options for you to get confused . Anyways you have the JBL 608 C components readily available for auditioning , you know where !!

Background RED color , what brand is the HU ? Quote the model number and see if that helps us . IMHO very few players have interchangable background (to be read themes ) .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar View Post
Make that two copies Anoop! Lazy me, cant get myself to burn CD's !
Oh did I just miss to say " 1 for me as well " How can I ??

Last edited by jealousdiamond : 9th June 2011 at 17:09.
Old 9th June 2011, 16:52   #35
Senior - BHPian

Illusion Electra 6.1 and Ground Zero Sub fed thru JBL GT5 S644 available for audition.
F150 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2011, 01:09   #36
BHPian

Ok Here s another OE unit from Semting. I am not sure if the link has been posted here before. Apparently the company was formed in 2011 and is based in US . Not sure though, as you can see Chinese guys testing the units in the link below.

Semting Headunit - Page 4 - VW GTI Forum / VW Rabbit Forum / VW R32 Forum / VW Golf Forum - Golfmkv.com

Not much information on their website though

Semting

Just read further, that their units actually ship out of Shenzen. So another brother to the witson/caska/motevo family

Last edited by ventolute : 10th June 2011 at 01:14. Reason: adding content
Old 10th June 2011, 04:25   #37
BHPian

Adding to the above, here is another one from audiosources.
Welcome to Audiosources Website

But eventually they are all chinese makes and I dont know how good or bad they are. There are a lot of discussions on a lot of other sites about these and a lot of mixed reviews and one off cases of lemons which apparently are being replaced free of cost.
Old 20th June 2011, 18:15   #38
Senior - BHPian

@Noopster:Sorry for Hijacking your thread.
OT: I got my Black Vento TDI HL delivered within 22 days of booking.
My setup:
HU(25-30K)
AMP(10-15K)
SUB(5-10K)
6.5" Front(5-10K)
6.5" Rear (5-10K)

JVC-AVX840 & PIO-AVH P4300DVD. Can any one quickly tell me the best HU which is more reliable and have good SQ. Planning get this from a friend who will be back by end of this month from Japan.
Old 20th June 2011, 19:37   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramsagar View Post
JVC-AVX840 & PIO-AVH P4300DVD. Can any one quickly tell me the best HU which is more reliable and have good SQ. Planning get this from a friend who will be back by end of this month from Japan.
Nothing called as best , its just among the best . Well there would always be different brand lovers . Both are equally competent . My personal pick would be Pioneer .

Thats a very costly setup you are aiming for , hope it turns to your flavour
Old 20th June 2011, 19:53   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ventolute View Post
Adding to the above, here is another one from audiosources.
Welcome to Audiosources Website

But eventually they are all chinese makes and I dont know how good or bad they are. There are a lot of discussions on a lot of other sites about these and a lot of mixed reviews and one off cases of lemons which apparently are being replaced free of cost.
I have this in my polo for the last 5 months , Touchwood it has been working great. It does hang up occasionally (Courtesy of Windows CE 6 and too little RAM) . It does its job pretty well. Sound quality for my ears is good enough.

I have connected my classic 40 Gb Ipod , a 4 GB USB drive. Radio reception is pretty decent, Plays all kind of CD's and DVD (Restricted to DVD Video Format for Videos)

I haven't still connected the Rear view Camera since the camera that came with the set is not easily fixable or should i say it can be easily ripped off (and hence advised not to install).

It is still a Chinese Box and comes with its own idiosyncrasies which i am willing to accept. Total cost inclusive of shipping came to 384 USD.
sreedotk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2011, 18:12   #41
BHPian

Hi All,
I had booked the Vento Diesel yesterday. Though there is a waiting period of 4 - 6 months, I thought I would start my homework regarding ICE right now.

1st Preference
Clarion VX501 or VX400
Amazon.com: Clarion Mobile Electronics CX501 - 2-DIN CD/Bluetooth/USB Receiver: Electronics
Amazon.com: Clarion VX400 6.5-Inch In-Dash Double-DIN Touchscreen DVD/CD/MP3/USB Receiver with Bluetooth: Electronics

2nd Preference
Alpine IVA W205
Amazon.com: Alpine IVA-W205 2-DIN DVD/CD/MP3/WMA Receiver/AV Head Unit (Black): Electronics

3rd Preference
Pioneer 4300
Amazon.com: Pioneer AVH-P4300DVD 7" In-Dash Double-DIN DVD AV Receiver with iPod/iPhone Control, Pandora: Electronics

I havent done any auditioning for any of the HU and hence wouldnt be able to comment on the sound quality.
Hence the question to people who might have used it in the forum.
1. How good are these in terms of SQ?
2. Since these are US HU, would these work without any glitches here in India?
3. @installers who had installed ICE on vento. Would these HU's have any problem with integration into the Vento?

@noopster, I am not sure why you didnt look at these options? Any reasons?

There are other brands available in the same range as I have given in the link above. I havent looked at them though!
1. Kenwood
2. Sony
3. Ecclipse - Very costly though
4. JVC

Do help me in finalizing on the HU.
My requirements :
1. SQ
2. Ability to connect to external Amps thru RCAs - min 3 (meaning no sound processor in between as this would make the entire cost of system to shoot up).
3. < Rs.30000 for HU.
4. Optional Aux, USB connectivity - not a hard requirement though!
5. Other Standard basic sound processing from HU itself - Like Frequency crossover adjustments, Parameteric / Graphic EQ adjustments, Timing adjustments etc.

Regards,
Ant.

Last edited by anToNIcHeN : 15th July 2011 at 18:33. Reason: Added the 5th point in my requirements
Old 28th August 2011, 16:13   #42
BHPian

Help on Communication Nerve Center for Vento

Hi,
I am an ICE noob, so please excuse me for any omissions or for sounding preposterous.
While I have nearly finalized Vento Diesel Highline as my next car, I was appalled to see a lack of Aux In/USB/Bluetooth/Steering Controls in a new 10 lakh car.
I thought over the various options and seem to have the following choices:
1. Return the original Vento HU for 5K and get a new 2-Din system with the necessary features installed by paying 15 - 20 K
2. Get that lighter slot powered attachment for plugging in USB drive for 1K
3. Buy a cheap tablet pc (5K - 10K) and satisfy all my needs including those of GPS . Something like Nukepad mounted on a support.

I need advice on the following:
1. Which option would you think would be the best?
2. How can I connect the tab to the original Vento HU, the speakers and the power unit? How good or bad would be the quality of sound?
3. How to get a neat installation for the tablet - without the wires hanging around.

My constraints are:
1. I am already stretching my budget and would want to get the maximum bang for minimum buck.
2. I am not an audiophile and do not really listen to high bass music. An ok music system would do good.
3. I dont think burning CDs would be a preferred mode, so a USB input is a must.

I am leaning towards using a cheap tablet and somehow fixing it in the car. It would also be an interesting experience to do so and there would be infinite possibilities in which I could use the same!

So, please let me know your thoughts on what would be the best approach?
Old 29th August 2011, 11:17   #43
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Help on Communication Nerve Center for Vento

splurge now and get an aftermarket HU.
one expense will cover all other standalone expenses(aux, bt, maps, video etc ) which would add up to a much bigger amount.
Old 29th August 2011, 11:34   #44
Senior - BHPian

Well, I am a noob myself, so I am not going to suggest something in detail. Also I dont know whether this is possible.

What you need to find out is whether the existing audio unit on the Vento has empty connectors at the back to which an external bluetooth/aux/usb init can be attached.

I am saying this because in quite a few of these European cars, they just remove a couple of features. There will most likely be some place where you can attach an external unit. I remember somebody on the forum having done something like this I think on a Linea.

After this you can get an independent GPS based navigation unit, of which there are quite a few. As both these things are independent of each other, you can delay getting any one of these considering your budget constraints.

These two together will be the cheapest option for you, as you dont really need to throw out the existing head unit of the Vento.
Old 29th August 2011, 14:17   #45
Senior - BHPian

jods - you can ask others owning Vento - what they have done. You are probably not the only one noticing a lack of Aux In/USB/Bluetooth/Steering Controls on this car.
That said, I would think it would require you to do some research on what kind of OE HU VW gives you, and then do some more research into what kind of Aftermarket add-ons would be compatible with this HU.
If that does not work-out you can always replace the OE HU with something aftermarket and more custom fit for your purpose.
wish you many happy moments in your new ride!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks