Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Chennai
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th January 2013, 17:56   #346
BHPian

Re: Best Fuel Stations / Petrol Pumps In Chennai

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaKilo View Post
Sir, are you particularly talking about Shell Diesel or Shell in general?
Yup, even I am keen to understand why Shell is bad. I know their diesel is expensive but that's all I know.
Old 27th January 2013, 21:47   #347
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaKilo View Post
Sir, are you particularly talking about Shell Diesel or Shell in general? Because, my experience so far with Shell (petrol) has been the best ever! I use the bunk near Olympia towers or the one on the GST road towards Tambaram/pallavaram (kamakshi hospital), whereas my experience with BP has always been between worse to being worst. (many bunks in the city). Moreover, my bike always chokes when I use BP and feels clean and breathes easy with shell.
I refer to Shell DIESEL Sir!
Old 27th January 2013, 22:48   #348
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
^^^Are they good ? If so, in which factor - quantity / quality / service ?

BTW, not sure of the benefits of using debit-card for purchases (reward points?), but with credit cards you can get some cash back. Eg with an SCB card, a fuel-up worth 2K will cost you only 1950 - neat saving of Rs50.
I fill both my bike and car there and they are very good. Both quantity and quality.
Old 12th February 2013, 22:05   #349
BHPian

I recently filled diesel on HP bunk on SH112 between Vavin and Golden flats on suggestion from my brother in law who fills there. The quality seems pretty good and one of the best fills on diesel that I have ever had in the last 10k on my Swift ZDI.
Old 13th February 2013, 11:53   #350
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINI View Post
I have travelled in a couple of CNG-powered taxis and come across a few private owned vehicles in and around Mogappair.Now they must refill somewhere right??
That's what I meant!!
This is news to me. To the best of my knowledge only LPG pumps are available in Chennai and not CNG.
Old 13th February 2013, 15:53   #351
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post

This is news to me. To the best of my knowledge only LPG pumps are available in Chennai and not CNG.
Okay the taxi drivers were misinformed I guess.. Sorry for the confusion
Old 17th February 2013, 19:18   #352
Senior - BHPian

Filled petrol at the ioc bunk before the shell bunk near kasi theater. The fillers did the following:

Tried to distract me by talking about how difficult it is to differentiate between petrol and diesel swifts

I clearly told him full tank but he stops at 10 litres and scratches his head. Immediately offers to refuel.

I told him no. Now he resets the meter and asks if he can. I could have let him, but chose not to,paid for 10 liters and left the place.

Not sure if the bunk engages in conning their customers. I dont think i will go back there, though.
Old 17th February 2013, 22:16   #353
Senior - BHPian

^^^The symptoms mentioned by you clearly point to the bunk being one of those that cheat customers. Stay away from them.
And thanks for mentioning here, so that others can avoid being cheated.
Old 17th February 2013, 23:55   #354
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvind71181 View Post
Filled petrol at the ioc bunk

I clearly told him full tank but he stops at 10 litres and scratches his head.

Not sure if the bunk engages in conning their customers. I dont think i will go back there, though.
I have seen short fuelling tricks at ALL IOC Bunks I have been to both in Gujarat and here in Chennai.

no such issues at any of the BPCL bunks,though.
Old 18th February 2013, 10:36   #355
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigsom View Post
I have seen short fuelling tricks at ALL IOC Bunks I have been to both in Gujarat and here in Chennai.

There are some good bunks as well. There is one in Kottivakkam (towards Neelankarai) which is good and there is also another bunk near Nesapakkam which does not indulge in mal practices. They just put the fillter in the tank go off, do their work and come back after the auto cut off has happened.
Old 28th May 2013, 16:32   #356
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigsom View Post

The IOC pump operated by Parveen Travels is good. This is on OMR - have been consistenly getting a good mileage from there.
Old 27th June 2013, 19:07   #357
BHPian

I always prefer using the ekayars bunk in T-Nagar. Only in emergencies do I not fill in the bunk. The workers there seem friendly and the whole place has a good feel to it.
Old 28th June 2013, 13:53   #358
BHPian

These days COCO ones are getting in to the act of cheating customers. There's a COCO inside Mahindra city that I used to fill diesel from. I got a mileage figure of around 14 on highways. Later one time I tanked up in a BP one, COCO that is near TRICHY and FE improved to around 15. Not entirely doubting the COCO in Mahindra City, asked for density test and quantity test. The guy in charge mumbled something that the jars are in a locker and the locker keys are with the owne. The next time as well, same reply. From then on I have stopped using this outlet and prefer the BP COCO in MM Nagar. That one appears genuine. The only issue is air filling. For large vehicles like XUV, there isn't enough pressure to fill the tyres.
Old 26th August 2013, 16:09   #359
RGP
BHPian

Looking for reliable (i.e. honest) diesel dispensing pumps in Sholinganallur area (within 3 km). Any recommendations?
Thanks in Advance.
Old 26th August 2013, 16:16   #360
Senior - BHPian

^^^Recently I tried the BPCL pump on left-side of OMR before Sholinganallur signal (while coming from Thoraipakkam side) and it seemed OK - will post exact location soon.
In terms of FE returned, it was a little (~1kmpl) lesser than my longtime favourite pump, which is the BPCL adjacent to old Woodlands-drive-in hotel, Cathedral Road, but this
could be possibly because I fuelled-up in the evening when density of fuel is lesser due to the higher temperature over the day. I normally fuel up in the morning before it gets hot.
supremeBaleno is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks