Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th October 2016, 16:22   #196
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: DIY - 3M Nomad-Style Floor Mats

Quote:
Originally Posted by landcruiser123 View Post
Hello fello BHPians,
Can someone tell me where is the best place in South Bangalore (JP Nagar/ Arekere/ Jayanagar) to get these mats?

My Getz has a hole at the place where the driver's right heel rests. I don't want to go and look for the OE mats, so I think I can just replace the front mats with these noodle mats.

TIA
I would suggest JC road. You can get the mats in your desired colour, quality and size. The price is also reasonable at 65-70 per sft.

You might get them at any shop dealing with floor mats and carpets, but check the price before you buy. I have got Duraturf for my earlier WagonR and current Celerio and I got them from JC Road.
audioholic is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th December 2016, 14:40   #197
BHPian

Finally I completed the d.i.y noodle mat project for my Renault Duster.

I bought the mat from a shop near by. I knew the mats came in two and four feet widths. The mats cost Rs. 70 per square feet.

So I started off by measured out the mat sizes required in my car.
I needed two mats of size (2 X 3 1/2) for the front and two mats of size (2 X 2). All sizes in feet.
Once bought in these sizes, I could shape and re-size the mats to actual shape/size for the car at home.
To shape the mats, I used the carpet mats as a template. Only deviation was to keep the noodle mats little longer than the carpet mats.

Tools used:
DIY - 3M Nomad-Style Floor Mats-img_20160815_160015.jpg

Outcome:
DIY - 3M Nomad-Style Floor Mats-img_20160815_154821.jpg
DIY - 3M Nomad-Style Floor Mats-img_20160815_154844.jpg
DIY - 3M Nomad-Style Floor Mats-img_20160815_154922.jpg

Compare the noodle and carpet mats:
DIY - 3M Nomad-Style Floor Mats-img_20160815_155053.jpg
sumeshmani is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st February 2017, 20:48   #198
BHPian

Can anyone guide me where I can buy this mat material in Pune in wholesale rate? Nearby shops are charging 70-100/- per sq. ft. I think wholesaler might provide same for lesser rate
Old 2nd February 2017, 00:14   #199
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by techcoze View Post
Can anyone guide me where I can buy this mat material in Pune in wholesale rate? Nearby shops are charging 70-100/- per sq. ft. I think wholesaler might provide same for lesser rate
You can try Bohri Ali near Rawivar Peth. Its a good place to get stuff in cheap. An advice take a cab/auto no place to park a bike forget car.
KaandBaaz is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th February 2017, 01:18   #200
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeshmani View Post
Finally I completed the d.i.y noodle mat project for my Renault Duster.

I bought the mat from a shop near by. I knew the mats came in two and four feet widths. The mats cost Rs. 70 per square feet.
Hi Sumeshmani, Can you please tell me from where you bought this material? Thanks a lot.
Old 5th February 2017, 09:34   #201
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayankm View Post
Hi Sumeshmani, Can you please tell me from where you bought this material? Thanks a lot.
I got it from a shop on Thippasandra Main Road. When travelling on this road (from Indiranagar direction) the shop is located on the right hand side.
I am not sure about the name, it might be "Kala Kasthuri". The shop sells pillows, mats, bed spreads etc.

This is the rough location on google map:
https://goo.gl/maps/ohDXsRj56pR2
Old 8th April 2017, 18:29   #202
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaandBaaz View Post
You can try Bohri Ali near Rawivar Peth. Its a good place to get stuff in cheap. An advice take a cab/auto no place to park a bike forget car.
Our bible always comes to rescue.

I went to bohari ali - found only 2 shops - 1) Popat shah or something - 2) Ashapura Trading near gala shoppe chowk.

1) First shop had - Durasoft rate 90/Sq ft.
2) Second shop is having lot many varieitres in many coloros. Company SofTurf - 60Sq.Ft

DuraSoft was plain in base while Softurf is having diamond like pattern in bottom, so no need to have velcrows at sides. & rate also in budget.

I was checking for grey color matching to interior of Lodgy. Though shop is mall, their storage in upper 2-3 floors. They had 2" width & 4" width both types.

What i did is first kept original mats on full news paper to check length & width. I have total 2 Front+1 Middle+1 Third row+1 boot pieces. Total area calculated was 57 Sq. Ft. I took 58 Sq.Ft to be on safe side. No discount was given in rate even if i took large area. Good thing is i got this piece from a complete new roll of it.

Following are few pics :

As per suggestions after bringing home , i kept roll in balcony with complete opened up in sun for 2 hours. though smell was not that much it got reduced to a some extent.

DIY - 3M Nomad-Style Floor Mats-noodlemat1.jpg

DIY - 3M Nomad-Style Floor Mats-noodlemat2.jpg

Then marking was done keeping mats vertical on sheet with 2" extra space on both sides.

Later cut the just horizontal marked pieces.

DIY - 3M Nomad-Style Floor Mats-noodlemat3.jpg

Then with chalk marked contours keeping extra space. & then cut them.

All mats fitted perfectly covering maximum space of floor. Looks awesome as well.

DIY - 3M Nomad-Style Floor Mats-noodlematfitting1.jpg

DIY - 3M Nomad-Style Floor Mats-noodlematfitting2.jpg

DIY - 3M Nomad-Style Floor Mats-noodlematfitting3.jpg

Now evertyime i open up door, there is slight smell of PVC, but i roll down windows for 2 minutes with blower on & all smell vanishes.

Overall a nice DYI. Thanks to Team-Bhp & all members as well for valuable suggestions.
tushar_b is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th September 2017, 14:13   #203
BHPian

Any ideas where I can source this material in gurgaon or Delhi? will be a big help.
Old 29th October 2017, 13:48   #204
BHPian

Purchased the roll for my 3rd row as the ready-made mats available at accessory shops were not fitting the entire area as I wanted. Explored couple of models in local rexine shops and finalized on the softurf-star model. It is available even in small cities. Costed Rs. 475/- per running meter for a two feet wide piece. Took around 1.2 meters and cut it with scissors to fit in the space.

DIY - 3M Nomad-Style Floor Mats-3rdrowmat.jpg

This is same as the one mentioned couple of posts above. Only difference is that smell is negligible on this.

Has some grip on the back side. It stays put as we get in/out.
DIY - 3M Nomad-Style Floor Mats-mat_backside.jpg

It is not very thick. But, should serve the purpose.
DIY - 3M Nomad-Style Floor Mats-matthickness.jpg

View from front of mat.
DIY - 3M Nomad-Style Floor Mats-matfrontside.jpg

Thanks to Team BHP thread for this DIY idea.
bijuks is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 13th November 2017, 17:46   #205
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaandBaaz View Post
Is this place near to Shaniwar wada? Rawivar peth is having so many by-lanes that unless one knows the exact shop, one might go asking at wrong place?

Yesterday I had inquired at Khadki market, and there the rate of green noodle mat is rupees 80 per square feet. Not sure about the rates at other places of Pune?
Old 17th November 2017, 14:28   #206
BHPian

So last week I went to JC Road and got the Softurf Star for 55/sqft total 24 sqft 2' X 12' (shop opposite to the Indian Oil petrol pump). I got it for my Tiago to cover the front, back and boot.

I am thinking of cutting approximate size and then use scissors for precision cuts as per the requirement. What do you say? or should I use OEM mats as template but they may not cover the whole bottom as much as I would like.
Please suggest.
Old 11th December 2017, 20:21   #207
BHPian

Did a little DIY myself for the mats. Below are the pics:

DIY - 3M Nomad-Style Floor Mats-img_20171118_000126.jpg

DIY - 3M Nomad-Style Floor Mats-img_20171118_111003.jpg

DIY - 3M Nomad-Style Floor Mats-img_20171118_110934.jpg

DIY - 3M Nomad-Style Floor Mats-img_20171118_110905.jpg

DIY - 3M Nomad-Style Floor Mats-img_20171118_110914.jpg

Need to sort out the back seat hump, didn't realize and cut it wrongly. Now need to separate them and add additional mats on the hump covering it completely. Used OEM mats as templates and cut them larger than OEM mats. Also added velcro strip using hot glue on the driver side as it was moving around a bit. Happy for now.
kanu2k15 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2018, 18:08   #208
BHPian

Just a small update for Chennai guys I recently got my car fitted with Durosoft mats. I had mailed local durasoft office asking for a supplier and was directed to Velan Emporium in Evening Bazaar . I got it done for 90/ sq ft with reference from the local office. For Lil lazy people like me they cut to size and fitted it there itself. Those who are looking for durosoft mats can visit this place.
Since it's a crowded bazaar getting parking will be a huge problem. I'd suggest you call fix timing and go. Whole process took between30-45 mins.
I am noway associated with Time technoplast or Velan emporium just sharing information to help fellow bhpians
knownstrangerr is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th February 2018, 23:50   #209
BHPian

Hi All,

I am looking for such mats in Hyderabad. Visited one shop in Ameerpet area and he quoted 110 per sqft.

Can someone tell any place/shop where I can get it at wholesale rate?

Thanks
Old 9th April 2018, 15:23   #210
BHPian

After taking the delivery of the facelift Ford ecosport 2018 , the essential kit had carpet mats with it, which I did not like as they were dirty within a day and did little to protect against dirt.

Inspired by the members here i decided to do the noodle mats for the car myself.
Got the durasoft material 4x5 feet for rs 85/sqft from the market locally
Got the grey colour mat as my car is black in colour and it matched well with the interiors of the car
DIY - 3M Nomad-Style Floor Mats-img_20180409_121756.jpg
These are the measurements I marked and cut the noodle mats from the roll. All measurements are in centimetres.

DIY - 3M Nomad-Style Floor Mats-img_20180409_080637.jpg
Front left passenger

DIY - 3M Nomad-Style Floor Mats-img_20180409_080609.jpg
Driver side mat

DIY - 3M Nomad-Style Floor Mats-img_20180409_080620.jpg
Rear seat mat is one whole unit.

After cutting and placing the mats in the footwell of the car I was happy with the placing and the feel of the mat under the feet.
Before cutting it I had placed the roll in the sun opened for a day so as to allow the smell to discipate.
The entire project took me an hour with help from my wife whose attention to detail made sure we didn't end up wasting material
Dramitn is offline   (11) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks