Team-BHP > Technical Stuff > DIY - Do it yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd August 2014, 19:52   #121
BHPian

Re: DIY - 3M Nomad-Style Floor Mats

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajoy123 View Post
Changed the floormats of my i20 to the Noodle-mat. Getting the exact dimensions was indeed a pain. Since this was a first-attempt, kindly excuse the imperfections.

Rajoy.

What is the company name and make of the noodle mat that you have used.
I checked in Noida and get either Chinese or one from Nepal both costing Rs60 / Sq ft or an Indian make costing Rs195 per sq ft.
Old 2nd August 2014, 19:54   #122
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinu2506 View Post
The material is available in two widths - 2 feet and 4 feet. It is sold in sq ft, so its important that you first take an approx measure of how much you will need so as to avoid wastage. I bought a 2 feet width one (beige colour), 8.5 feet length. Thats 17 sq ft. After a bit of bargaining, got it at Rs. 1300. I'm sure you will get it cheaper if you scout around. I got it at approx Rs 76/sq ft.
Let the pictures do the talking. Hope you like it.
Dinu,

I checked in Noida and get either Chinese or one from Nepal both costing Rs60 / Sq ft or an Indian make costing Rs195 per sq ft.
Old 3rd August 2014, 10:00   #123
BHPian

Dinu thanks to you; after going through your DIY I got motivated and decided to go ahead with my own design with local available mats.
Here is the Picture of my design; I have completed this Design with Rs 1800/- and now I can keep area beneath the middle seat completely dust free.
Attached Thumbnails
DIY - 3M Nomad-Style Floor Mats-20140608_122454_v1.jpg  

Old 3rd August 2014, 10:23   #124
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vittal View Post
Dinu,

I've used a brand called Softurf and costed me Rs 73 per sq ft from a local furnishing shop. The website of them is www.softurf.in
dinu2506 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2014, 13:27   #125
BHPian

Sorry missed one attachment. This is how I have done the cutting. With this design now I am able to cover a complete area especially when I pull back middle seats. Being a beige interior in Ertiga I thought of doing this DIY. So far I am I am pretty convinced with my design and have not faced any Problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay4060 View Post
Dinu thanks to you; after going through your DIY I got motivated and decided to go ahead with my own design with local available mats.
Here is the Picture of my design; I have completed this Design with Rs 1800/- and now I can keep area beneath the middle seat completely dust free.
Attached Thumbnails
DIY - 3M Nomad-Style Floor Mats-20140608_123538_v1.jpg  

ajay4060 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th August 2014, 12:08   #126
BHPian

Quote:
Sorry missed one attachment. This is how I have done the cutting. With this design now I am able to cover a complete area especially when I pull back middle seats. Being a beige interior in Ertiga I thought of doing this DIY. So far I am I am pretty convinced with my design and have not faced any Problem.
Installation looks pretty good. How many Sq Ft did you used ? I also have an ertiga and planning to do the same. Also the brand and it's price will help.
Old 4th August 2014, 12:43   #127
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks, removing the mat for cleaning could be an issue with this design, right?
Old 4th August 2014, 16:59   #128
BHPian

Yea I know its bit complicated design. Earlier I have used 3M Mats; but when I pull back the middle seat most of the Beige carpet becomes exposed and imagine foot marks on Beige Carpet; how ugly it looks.
So I decided to have this design i.e. to cover most of the beige portion once I pull back the middle seat; it’s not a perfect design but keeping in mind the money I have spent; I am okay with it.
To remove and to fix it requires little patience; that's all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinu2506 View Post
Thanks, removing the mat for cleaning could be an issue with this design, right?
Old 5th August 2014, 10:13   #129
BHPian

I have done this DIY for Middle Seat only; the rest is 3M Mats.
For Middle one the size is 4 ft by 4.5 ft and cost was Rs 110/- per sq ft; final negotiated price was Rs 1800/-.
For Front and Back seat; the design will be very simple and you can take clues from what Dinu has done. Make I don’t remember; will give you the details once I am back in Mumbai.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabhkum View Post
Installation looks pretty good. How many Sq Ft did you used ? I also have an ertiga and planning to do the same. Also the brand and it's price will help.
ajay4060 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th August 2014, 22:42   #130
BHPian

dinu2506 & Others

I wish to convey my thanks for this thread on DIY floor mats for car.

I did this during the weekend by buying 4' x 18' Durosoft premium mat in Delhi for my XUV 500. The rear left as the toughest part due to the design of SUV & to match the curve !!

Followed the basics as mentioned in the initial thread by Dinu and others & wont repeat it.

It came out well & will be useful in this rainy season and also during the long trips.

Thanks once again to all for sharing the useful information.
Old 20th August 2014, 08:21   #131
BHPian

It looks like price per sq ft starts from 60 onwards while most of us are now getting it close to 100. Yesterday I picked up Durosoft Brand at 100 Rs Per Sq Ft. Is the price right? Currently I've done it for my Civic, will observe it for few days and if settles wel then will go for ertiga also.
Old 29th August 2014, 18:15   #132
BHPian

hello all

thanks for all the updates regarding this matting. I would like to know from the people in mumbai,where to buy this product from. What brand and the price. Thanks.
Old 29th August 2014, 20:13   #133
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by savyo View Post
hello all

thanks for all the updates regarding this matting. I would like to know from the people in mumbai,where to buy this product from. What brand and the price. Thanks.
I got it from Crowford market. The rate was 100 rs per sq feet. Brand Durosoft.
Old 30th August 2014, 12:47   #134
BHPian

hey saurabh,

thank you, any specific shop?
Old 30th August 2014, 21:35   #135
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by savyo View Post
hey saurabh,

thank you, any specific shop?
The shop is a2z retail. It's in the same lane as Beauty center. It's the 3rd shop from beauty center on the same side. I checked other places also in the same area but they where quoting 125-140 rs per sq ft for the same stuff.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks