Team-BHP > Technical Stuff > DIY - Do it yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th June 2016, 17:49   #181
BHPian

Re: DIY - 3M Nomad-Style Floor Mats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortis View Post
Guys just FYI there is an online shop called emahendra . They are registered dealers of some 3M products and are reliable. I have used them twice before.
They have original 3M Nomad mats for sale but there are several series so Im not sure which one is correct. Contact them incase you want to DIY with original 3M mats
Somebody mentioned that Emahenrda is closed.

I have a one question is particular, would you guys recommended not to cover the entire area of the driver's side foot well with the noodle mat ? Reason being it could affect the play/travel of the clutch ?
Old 1st July 2016, 20:07   #182
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chetan View Post
Somebody mentioned that Emahenrda is closed.

I have a one question is particular, would you guys recommended not to cover the entire area of the driver's side foot well with the noodle mat ? Reason being it could affect the play/travel of the clutch ?
It appears to still be working. They are based in Bangalore, why not give them a call and if possible drop in and have a look at the different types of Nomad mats available so that we can tell which one to order.
Old 2nd July 2016, 12:21   #183
BHPian

I spent last Saturday setting up the noodle mats in my Brezza. Took me a good 3-4 hours to measure, cut, try and cut again. Putting the complete mat as is in the driver's footwell resulted in issues with A pedal's travel, so I had to cut out the area under the ABC pedals.
Now the issue is that the mat in the driver's side is not fixed and moves around. I find it very dangerous while driving. Anybody got any ideas as to how to avoid this?
One idea is to use some sort of adhesive to stick it to the carpet, but I'm not sure if thats the best solution. I'll have to replace it with another noodle mat at a year's interval due to wear and tear.
texens is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2016, 12:59   #184
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by texens View Post
Now the issue is that the mat in the driver's side is not fixed and moves around. I find it very dangerous while driving. Anybody got any ideas as to how to avoid this?

Use Velcro strip on bottom of the mat. The hard part of Velcro will stick on carpet of the car.
Old 8th July 2016, 12:33   #185
BHPian

Got myself a roll of softturf noodle mat beige color. Bought from road opposite express avenue mall, Chennai. It costed me Rs65/sqft. Total of about 11x2 ft for Maruti Ciaz.

Placed the 4 piece carpet mat on top of the noodle mat and cut it, hardly took me 20 mins to finish the whole job. The carpet mat helped a lot. Where ever I needed extension I did the cutting after laying it inside the car.

Wonder who to put something on the driver side of the noodle mat so it prevent wear and later a hole. Having a heavy heal the carpet mat usually gets worn out within a month and by end of 3 months there is a hole. Any help appreciated.
Old 9th July 2016, 12:01   #186
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
I see these kind of mats are now readily available for most of the cars. http://www.amazon.in/s/ref=nb_sb_nos...ds=noodle+mats

Have ordered a pair for my Alto - will check the quality against the ones in my Scorp (which was a D-I-Y job just like OP) and update.
Hi Dry Ice,

Whats your verdict on the amazon bought ones vis-a-vis the DIY ones.

Thanks in advance for your inputs.

Last edited by sandip : 9th July 2016 at 12:01. Reason: Typos
Old 9th July 2016, 14:20   #187
Team-BHP Support

Not sure how good the 3M Nomad ones hold up but my locally purchased one has shown its age after 2.5 years. The place where I rest my foot has become bald. Have to replace it. The other mats are doing fine without much wear and tear.

DIY - 3M Nomad-Style Floor Mats-wp_20160626_13_17_33_pro.jpg
Old 11th July 2016, 09:50   #188
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandip View Post
Hi Dry Ice,

Whats your verdict on the amazon bought ones vis-a-vis the DIY ones.

Thanks in advance for your inputs.
The ready made Amazon ones are holding up fine. The only issue is with the driver one - it seems to be developing a hole near the driver's heel.

The ones I put up as a DIY in my other car feel sturdier and heavier. Not seeing any issue on the driver side mat just yet. It is close to 2 yrs old I guess.

While going the DIY way, you have the option of selecting the best quality material available. The Amazon ones are definitely thinner in comparison, but then, they save you considerable time, effort and some money as well.
Old 7th August 2016, 21:03   #189
BHPian

Yesterday bough the Softurf Nomad Style Matting from market for my M-800.
And, today morning started the DIY for cutting the Mats according to the Template created with Newspaper.
For front mats, I initially cut the matting in rectangle shape and then fine tuned it when placing the mats in the cavity of the Floor.

I was earlier keeping the mats covered with Newspaper, but in Mumbai Monsoon season it was a Mess. And, they were a pain to maintain, as I could take care of the Newspapers not getting dangled but could not ask other passengers to take care while seating

Therefore, while surfing DIY section I came across this Thread. Thanks a lot to the Forum for this Wonderful thread & Kudos to the thread starter (Dinu2506) who detailed the process & other fellow members who contributed.

Now, I will let the pictures do the talking.
Finish of the mats are like Hand In Glove, they have improved feel of the Cabin by leaps and bounds.
And, I am already feeling that road noise has reduced quite a bit. I am Loving It!!
Lets see how they age with time & how practical are they.
Attached Thumbnails
DIY - 3M Nomad-Style Floor Mats-20160807_094348.jpg  

DIY - 3M Nomad-Style Floor Mats-20160807_110142.jpg  

DIY - 3M Nomad-Style Floor Mats-20160807_110148.jpg  

DIY - 3M Nomad-Style Floor Mats-20160807_110201.jpg  

Last edited by sharma_sanjeevi : 7th August 2016 at 21:08.
sharma_sanjeevi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th August 2016, 10:18   #190
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharma_sanjeevi View Post
Yesterday bough the Softurf Nomad Style Matting from market for my M-800.
How much did Softurf mats cost and which one did you buy (like standard etc)? I am planning to buy Softurf for my Corolla by the next week.
Old 16th August 2016, 10:30   #191
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KK_HakunaMatata View Post
How much did Softurf mats cost and which one did you buy (like standard etc)? I am planning to buy Softurf for my Corolla by the next week.
I paid 70 per sqft for softurf for my tank. Apparently softurf also has two types of mat - one is single colour and other is a double colour (two weaves of different colour). While the double colour mat is thicker mat, its also brittle and hence might not last as long as the single colour mat. Sourced the red single colour mat from a shop near my place and have been using it for the last month or so.
procrj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2016, 11:21   #192
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KK_HakunaMatata View Post
Hi,

I got it for Rs. 53 Per Sq.Ft. from Wholesale market.
sharma_sanjeevi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2016, 11:21   #193
BHPian

Hey Guys

Posted this in another thread, but havent got a response. So posting it here as well.

Does anyone have feedback on these Durosoft/ duroturf/ duromat mats - specifically whether these smell if the car is left in the sun?
Whats the best way to get rid of the smell once and for all? is it the simple washing with soap solution?

I am interested in getting these for my XUV, but the thought of rubber smell in my car is not letting me be convinced!
Old 23rd August 2016, 16:15   #194
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by piyush1.a View Post
Hey Guys

Posted this in another thread, but havent got a response. So posting it here as well.

Does anyone have feedback on these Durosoft/ duroturf/ duromat mats - specifically whether these smell if the car is left in the sun?
Whats the best way to get rid of the smell once and for all? is it the simple washing with soap solution?

I am interested in getting these for my XUV, but the thought of rubber smell in my car is not letting me be convinced!
As far as my case, the smell is there.
However, after a week's usage it has come down drastically.
I guess, it would fade away in due course of time.
sharma_sanjeevi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2016, 15:48   #195
Senior - BHPian

Hello fello BHPians,
Can someone tell me where is the best place in South Bangalore (JP Nagar/ Arekere/ Jayanagar) to get these mats?

My Getz has a hole at the place where the driver's right heel rests. I don't want to go and look for the OE mats, so I think I can just replace the front mats with these noodle mats.

TIA

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks