Team-BHP > Electric Cars
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th January 2020, 18:21   #196
BHPian

re: MG EZS electric SUV to be built in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
MG ZS EV gathers over 2,300 bookings before launch, the first 1000 customers of the EV would be getting exclusive introductory price figures.
While the recent consumer response to the new EV’s getting launched is heartwarming. I am really doubt these booking numbers.

MG has not disclosed the pricing yet and the indicative tag suggests ₹25L. I feel that at that price the Kona is a better buy and really surprised to see that more people find the MG more appealing!
Old 18th January 2020, 20:23   #197
Senior - BHPian

This is fantastic news, both for MG, which is building on the success of the Hector, and for the Indian market.

In comparison, Hyundai sold 292 units of the Kona electric SUV, Mahindra and Tata managed to sell a total of 1049 units and 728 units of the EVs respectively. In all of 2019.

Considering the high demand, MG Motor India is planning to increase its production capacity at its Halol based facility in Gujarat. In the next one year, the company might also setup its electric battery assembly plant in the country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furebo View Post
MG has not disclosed the pricing yet and the indicative tag suggests ₹25L.
The showroom from where I booked the Hector in Delhi itself had 155 bookings. I test drove the car a couple of weeks back and I feel it's a well rounded product. MG has done well to address the range anxiety and coupled with it's superior marketing strategy, it's yielded dividends.

The ZS EV price will undercut Kona. They'll slot the variants right between the Nexon and the Kona, so that they'll be competing with both. The connected car tech, the added space and the bling ie..sunroof etc will add to the wow factor.

Last edited by coolkurt : 18th January 2020 at 20:27.
coolkurt is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th January 2020, 20:36   #198
BHPian

Quote:

MG has not disclosed the pricing yet and the indicative tag suggests ₹25L. I feel that at that price the Kona is a better buy and really surprised to see that more people find the MG more appealing!
As per discussion with Gurgaon sales manager atleast the ex showroom price will be in the range of 20-24 lakhs for both the variants, and apart from the brand and range, MG is a better buy IMO
Old 18th January 2020, 23:25   #199
Senior - BHPian

Today's catch, the car has been making rounds quite frequently around Whitefield area. Car appears to be of decent size and has some presence.
Attached Thumbnails
MG EZS electric SUV to be built in India-img_20200118_162401.jpg  

MG EZS electric SUV to be built in India-img_20200118_162355.jpg  

MG EZS electric SUV to be built in India-img_20200118_162413.jpg  

MG EZS electric SUV to be built in India-img_20200118_162417.jpg  

Last edited by PrideRed : 18th January 2020 at 23:26.
Old 18th January 2020, 23:28   #200
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I feel that at that price the Kona is a better buy and really surprised to see that more people find the MG more appealing!
One big problem with the Kona is that it is a small car for the money. A little bit larger than the i20 Active, but nothing more.

Whereas the EZS is closer to the ideal SUV size in the Indian market - that of the Creta / Seltos.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 18th January 2020, 23:33   #201
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
One big problem with the Kona is that it is a small car for the money. A little bit larger than the i20 Active, but nothing more.

Whereas the EZS is closer to the ideal SUV size in the Indian market - that of the Creta / Seltos.
I took test drive of both Kona and EZS and EZS definitely feels like a premium SUV. Kona did not feel like a 24 lakh car to me (even from interior perspective)
bornnerd is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 19th January 2020, 12:30   #202
BHPian

MG seems to be in a hurry to spoil Tata Nexon's party. They preponed the launch event from 27th January to 23rd January and hinting at good pricing with the latest teaser. Price alone will decide if ZS EV will be a niche product like Kona or brings in decent volumes for many months to come.

As an EV enthusiast, I am happy to see the good marketing by MG and Tata for their respective EVs. Govt already has done its part by reducing GST massively on EVs and also on import of components. Few state govts also reduced road tax. Competition can bring down the price of EVs much quicker than the battery prices. We will know by end of this month, if the EV revolution in India will start in 2020 or 2021/22.

My prediction on MG ZS EV price (Note: no insider information. Just guesswork):
Base variant (Excite) - Rs 18 lakhs (could be even low for initial customers).
Top variant (Exclusive) - Rs 20 lakhs.

Last edited by sri_tesla : 19th January 2020 at 12:43.
sri_tesla is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2020, 13:09   #203
BHPian

My guess is also that it is going to be priced very competitively,maybe starting at 17 lac. If we look closely the rear has quite a bit resemblance to Jeep Compass.
Old 19th January 2020, 23:19   #204
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandeep500 View Post
My guess is also that it is going to be priced very competitively,maybe starting at 17 lac. If we look closely the rear has quite a bit resemblance to Jeep Compass.
If the Kona which is smaller, comes as a CKD (same as zs ev) and is priced at 23.5ish then how can this come below 20? The math doesn't seem to stack up.

Closer to 22 lacs is my guess. Another 4 more days and we'll know.

Anyone has an idea if they are bringing TD cars to people's residence or does one have to go to the showroom only.
amitmk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2020, 08:28   #205
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitmk View Post
Anyone has an idea if they are bringing TD cars to people's residence or does one have to go to the showroom only.
The cars are limited, atleast here in Delhi. They were sharing one car between two showrooms of a particular dealer. After the price unveil, we should see more TD cars being made available. Let's remember, this is still a niche segment.
Old 20th January 2020, 16:23   #206
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
MG ZS EV gathers over 2,300 bookings before launch, the first 1000 customers of the EV would be getting exclusive introductory price figures.

--
Exact booking numbers and its pattern:

- MG Motors gets 2409 bookings for its ZS EV in 27 days.

- Maximum bookings for the SUV came from the IT sector.

- Bengaluru has emerged as the top market for the ZS EV followed by Hyderabad.

- 40 per cent of the bookings have been received online.

- Announces a temporary halt in bookings, yet again

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 20th January 2020 at 16:27.
Old 20th January 2020, 17:30   #207
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Exact booking numbers and its pattern:

- MG Motors gets 2409 bookings for its ZS EV in 27 days.
They claim to have received over 2,800 bookings between December 22, 2019 and January 12, 2020. The company will cater to 2,409 bookings immediately and the rest will be delivered at a later date.
Old 21st January 2020, 20:15   #208
Senior - BHPian

Had gone to get the FasTag for my Hector so I stopped by the MG showroom and saw the ZS EV parked outside. When you've waited 3 months for a car, you know everyone at the showroom . I asked and they were prompt enough to offer a test drive. Told them I would prefer something longer than a U turn at the next red light and they were okay with the same.

Managed to take it for a spin for around 25 mins and here are my observations:

- The TD car available is the one that's imported from China. The indicator stalks were on the wrong side and the touchscreen infotainment did not have the connected tech. I was told that the India spec version will have all that the Hector has and more.

- Interior quality is definitely a step up from the Hector. The steering feels nice to hold and I liked the design. I pressed the start/stop button and......no sound. I asked the SA if it's on and he replied in the affirmative. Now that'll take some time to get used to.

- The electric motor does make a bit of a noise when you press the accelerator, but its far from the petrol/diesel rumble we've gotten used to.

- All that torque is available the instant you depress the accelerator and the car surges ahead. One more thing that'll take getting used to is the rapid deceleration/braking feeling as soon as you take the foot off the pedal. I guess the regeneration was set to an aggressive mode which probably made the car behave that way.
MG EZS electric SUV to be built in India-img_20200121_162025.jpg

- Sports mode is fantastic. Really makes it fun to drive. I'd love to try it out on roads like the Yamuna expressway.

- The panoramic sunroof does the trick again, making the cabin feel more spacious and airy and the car feels a lot bigger than it actually is.

- I think a major reason that the ZS EV has generated so much interest is because it feels like a proper SUV owing to its stance and proportions which are pretty much similar to the Creta. The Kona is smaller and doesn't exude the SUV characteristics.
MG EZS electric SUV to be built in India-img_20200121_161948.jpg

- Didn't have time to check the boot space. The rear leg room feels adequate and I'm sure there will be no complaints there.

- The actual spec and feature list will change for India. Connected car tech and EV specific features are a given. Voice commands should also make the cut.

- The iSmart App on my phone had a glitch and it showed me a tab called "EV Management". When I clicked it, it said " You car is not an electric vehicle. kindly connect one and check again" so I guess they're doing some form of testing for the ZS EV integration.

All in all, it feels like a great product. If they price it competitively, like they did with the Hector, they'll sell better than expectations. In fact, they already are. Rajeev Chaba had claimed that their aim is to sell 2500 EVs in the first year. They've already got there just with initial bookings! Trust the Chinese to push it as a value for money offering, with a tempting introductory price.

Last edited by coolkurt : 21st January 2020 at 20:18.
coolkurt is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 21st January 2020, 23:32   #209
BHPian

MG Motors India will unveil the price of Zs Ev on 23rd January 2020 :

https://facebook.com/events/s/mg-zs-...491246/?ti=icl
Attached Thumbnails
MG EZS electric SUV to be built in India-7046778c52fc4b04bcef7ef7b1ff09fe.jpeg  

XRoader_001 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2020, 12:46   #210
BANNED

Re: MG EZS electric SUV to be built in India

Price announced:
Excite: 20,88,000
Exclusive: 23,88,000

Early bookings get 1L discount. This undercuts Kona and is a better package, great to see this from MG.
DarthVeda is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks