Team-BHP > Electric Cars
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th December 2019, 17:17   #166
Senior - BHPian

Re: MG EZS electric SUV to be built in India

A cousin who works with an Insurance company just showed me an invoice where the exclusive variant is billed to a Delhi Dealer at 25.25 lacs.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 25th December 2019 at 18:07. Reason: Typo.
BANDHAV is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 26th December 2019, 08:14   #167
Distinguished - BHPian

For those who are keen on EV's, MG ZS EV will come in 2 variants - Excite and Exclusive.

With bookings for the eSUV are underway in Delhi, Mumbai, Ahmedabad, Bengaluru and Hyderabad, this EV is likely to undercut Hyundai's Kona in pricing.

Quote:
MG ZS EV Excite

• Automatic projector headlamps with LED DRLs
• 17-inch alloy wheels
• Breathable glow logo
• Power-adjustable ORVMs with integrated turn indicators
• Rear spoiler
• Chrome garnish on front grille, window line and door handles
• Leather-wrapped steering wheel
• Leather upholstery on door pads, dashboard and centre armrest
• 3.5-inch Multi-information display
• 60:40 split rear seats
• Push-button start/stop with keyless entry
• Kinetic Energy Recovery System (KERS) – 3 levels
• 8.0-inch touchscreen infotainment system with 4 speakers
• Front and rear USB ports
• Steering mounted audio and phone controls
• 6 airbags
• ABS, EBD, ESC and brake assist
• Hill-start assist and hill-descent control
• Electronic parking brake
• Type pressure monitoring system (TPMS)
• Rear parking camera and sensors
• Front and rear seatbelt reminder
• ISOFIX child seat mounts

MG ZS EV Exclusive

• Silver-finished roof rails
• Leather seats
• Dual-pane panoramic sunroof
• PM 2.5 Filter
• 6-way power adjustable driver’s seat
• Rain-sensing wipers
• Power folding and heated ORVMs
• I-Smart EV 2.0 connected car features
• 6 speakers
Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 26th December 2019 at 08:33.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2020, 15:07   #168
Team-BHP Support

Reading about the car, I was just thinking what happens if the car has a bad frontal shunt that damages the charging port. It could mean that the car simply cannot be used till it is repaired / sent for repairs. I wonder if having a dual option in such a case is actually desirable (I think some cars do have two options, one on the side and one on the front).
Axe77 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 5th January 2020, 22:42   #169
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
Reading about the car, I was just thinking what happens if the car has a bad frontal shunt that damages the charging port. It could mean that the car simply cannot be used till it is repaired / sent for repairs. I wonder if having a dual option in such a case is actually desirable (I think some cars do have two options, one on the side and one on the front).
Never thought about this angle( pun intended ). The frontal crashes are most common in our country and this would actually pose an issue especially considering the fact that reviewers have found the charging port and it’s cover a little suspectible to easy wear and tear.
isldhn is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th January 2020, 11:58   #170
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by isldhn View Post
Never thought about this angle( pun intended ). The frontal crashes are most common in our country and this would actually pose an issue especially considering the fact that reviewers have found the charging port and it’s cover a little suspectible to easy wear and tear.
I had this point in my mind and thus applauded Tata for providing charging port at the usual fuelling location on the Nexon EV. I know that even IC engine cars cannot be driven if you happen to damage the radiator (located at the same place as the port) but the risk here is more pronounced as the port is pretty ahead in the vehicle.
tarik.arora is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th January 2020, 16:15   #171
BHPian

Could this be a price Leak?

I recently pre-booked MG ZS EV in Mumbai and planning to take a test drive this weekend.

I accidentally landed on their internal/UAT website and saw the following prices:

24 Lakh for Excite
25 Lakh for Exclusive

https://uat.mgmotor.co.in/tools/car-comparison

To be frank, a bit disappointed if pricing is going to be 24 Lakh... I thought it would be somewhere around 21-22..
bornnerd is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 6th January 2020, 22:15   #172
BANNED

woah... UAT site available on public domain, that's a major security concern. I am hoping those numbers are just test figures, and it won't be exact 24 and 25, usually these prices have some decimals associated with them.
DarthVeda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th January 2020, 05:34   #173
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by bornnerd View Post

24 Lakh for Excite
25 Lakh for Exclusive

To be frank, a bit disappointed if pricing is going to be 24 Lakh... I thought it would be somewhere around 21-22..

Is this not Kona pricing? Why wouldnt someone just buy a Kona if the MG is this price. Is the kona much smaller in size than the MG?
Old 7th January 2020, 09:50   #174
Distinguished - BHPian

If these reports on pricing have any semblance of truth, it clearly means that

1. MG isn’t targeting any volumes with the ZS. It will be positioned as a cool halo product and a technology demonstrator for the brand

2. By pricing bang-on against the Kona, they can play the bigger car, more space, bigger battery card. Plus, there is the X factor - that full sized panoramic sunroof.

3. A clear effort seems to be made to increase the gap from the Nexon EV.

Overall, the strategy seems to be maximum profit for minimal volumes. It seems MG wants to play the ‘premium’ game and one shouldn’t expect sales in three figures every month.
Shreyans_Jain is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th January 2020, 12:34   #175
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bornnerd View Post
Could this be a price Leak?

24 Lakh for Excite
25 Lakh for Exclusive
I think these are dummy numbers only. MG will not price eZS more than the Kona. Remember Kona is now less than 24 lacs ex-showroom post the GST reduction on EVs.
tarik.arora is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th January 2020, 16:27   #176
BHPian

Come on MG !! You played the " Value for Money" game so well with the Hector and tasted success too. Many were expecting the same strategy for the EZS, infact I expected the base variant to be priced around 18 lac ex showroom. Tata this is your chance, launch the much awaited Nexon, Altroz Evs and enjoy the monopoly.
Old 11th January 2020, 15:40   #177
Distinguished - BHPian

Saw the MG ZS EV at Delhi airport a couple of days ago. Must say I was very impressed with the car. It was attracting a lot of attention, though there was only a somewhat ill informed guy hanging around.

He indicated a price of ₹25 l for the car. Liked the front seat, everything came to hand nicely, and the bolstering and leather quality was good. The rear seat knee room in my driving position (which is very relaxed, despite my being only 5”10.5’ tall) was decent with several inches of space left ahead of my knee - however, thigh support was limited. The boot was surprisingly large too.

However, I was disappointed that the car does not have a “Frunk”, there were too many things in there, perhaps because this car is on a platform that also has IC engine products. Some pics are below

MG EZS electric SUV to be built in India-bc2c0608c13244d7aa79f7192ea14ed5.jpeg

MG EZS electric SUV to be built in India-c7acfb24f19240ee905d1121519797e9.jpeg

MG EZS electric SUV to be built in India-5a9049ef0b9e4b0ea4d3390cf28d0e91.jpeg

Rather Busy Bonnet
MG EZS electric SUV to be built in India-e56dfb0dbc9d4dd6930720337ec183f1.jpeg
Hayek is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 13th January 2020, 00:06   #178
BHPian

Took test drive today in MG Malad, Mumbai. The manager had helped me co-ordinate the test drive for today and everything went good

The staff was courteous and answered most of the queries they could. Red colour exclusive MG zs ev was grabbing a lot of eyeballs there and staff was quite busy arranging back to back test drives. MG ZS EV definitely looks smaller than Hector but I personally liked how it looks from front and side.

The infotainment system screen is also much smaller compared to hector. Panasonic sun roof is even bigger compared to hector and is definitely something that will swing many decisions towards MG ZS

The pickup of the car was definitely the highlight. I could not try the sports mode due to traffic there but can only imagine the power and pickup in sports mode. Totally silent as you would expect. The interiors feels much more premium compared to Hyundai Kona.

To address range anxiety fears, MG guy kept stressing about electric van option in emergencies scenario all over India and completely free for 5 years. Apart from that portable charger, charger at home/office, fast chargers in dealerships, they definitely seems to be solving the main pain point.

1 lakh subsidy for first 10000 buyers straight to bank account and no RC makes the deal sweeter. now simply need to wait to see the launch price this week
bornnerd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th January 2020, 12:46   #179
Senior - BHPian

MG ZS EV bookings to close on January 17, 2020

MG is expected to close the exclusive pricing and bookings for the ZS EV at midnight, January 17, 2020.

MG EZS electric SUV to be built in India-mg-zs-ev-bookings-close.jpg

The carmaker opened bookings for the vehicle in December 2019 in 5 cities - Delhi, Mumbai, Ahmedabad, Bangalore and Hyderabad. Customers can book the car for Rs. 50,000.

The ZS EV is expected to be offered in two variants - Excite and Exclusive. It comes with features like panoramic sunroof, rain-sensing wipers, a PM 2.5 filter, 6-way power adjustable driver seat, cruise control and auto headlamps. The SUV comes with an electric motor producing 141 BHP and 353 Nm. It is powered by a 44.5 kWh lithium-ion battery pack. The maximum range on a single charge is said to be 340 km. MG claims that the battery can be recharged to 80% of its capacity in 50 minutes using a 50 kW DC fast charger.
ChiragM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th January 2020, 13:02   #180
BANNED

Opening bookings, and then closing bookings, I'm seeing strategies similar to Xiaomi when it entered India. It wont be a surprise if they come up with a flash sale in the future. MG got good strategists and marketers at the helm. Am liking their #ChangeWhatYouCan campaign too.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks