Team-BHP > Electric Cars
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th February 2023, 16:00   #586
BHPian

Re: 2022 MG ZS EV Facelift Review

After a long wait of 8 months, I drove home our first car, this week. MG ZS Excite Aurora Silver.

So much drama ensued from the time I had booked the car in June, 2022. We test drove nearly 10 cars and finally back to the one that I first test drove, the ZS.

I had done the booking in June for a Silver color ZS. At the time, the SA took the booking for a silver Exclusive variant and mentioned that they would change it to Excite when it would be launched. In October, the SA changed my booking to Excite and apparently I was the first in line to receive one in Bangalore.

In the meantime, we test drove other cars and wanted to have options in case we weren't getting anywhere. Booked KIA Sonet, cancelled it after 2 months because of it's safety concerns. (Got a lot of advice that if it's my first car - I better not compromise on safety). Test drove Nexon EV Max. I couldn't find a comfortable driving position and the back seat was very bad given my height of 6ft. Didn't go with it.

Liked Kiger. CVT on this was very smooth. And, the wait time was only a month. I got allocated a car in 3 weeks.

End of November, I get a call from the MG dealership that I would be allocated a car. I was happy and had cancelled my Kiger booking.

One day before the PDI -- the SA sends me information that it is a white color Excite. I mentioned to him but the color I wanted was silver and I never changed my preference for color.

The dealer then checked their database and realised that all the Excite models are only coming in white. They mentioned that MG hadn't updated them about this, while in their training - they were told that Excite would come in both white and silver!

When they converted my Exclusive silver variant booking to Excite -- they did not check the color! Now, the dealer realised that the system had automatically chose White and there was no option for Silver. What a sore miss!

Dejected, I did not know what to do. I did not want spend extra 4L for Exclusive variant, which I was told was readily available. The dealership persuaded me to take the White color stating that it is easy to maintain etc. I never wanted white. And, if I'm paying so much - I rather wanted the color of my choice. (Being a designer made be picky about colors and shades.)

Even the dealership expressed their helplessness and profusely apologised for this miss on their end. I asked them if I should wait and they mentioned that they do not know when the silver Excite would come and told me that I better cancel my booking, as they do not have any prompt communication from MG.

My wait started again, test drove Hyryder and liked it. Booked it in December. XUV400 was around the corner but could not see it in any form at a Mahindra showroom near by. Also, those interiors!! Booked Maruti Fronx when it launched.. if I was going for ICE, I wanted a Torque convertor AT gearbox.

We did not know which car we would be getting! My wife decided that we will end up with Hyryder, though the waiting periods were crazy on it. I was thinking that Fronx is a perfect package in terms of the transmission and the features it offered. I was awaiting for it's turn to be displayed in the near by NEXA showroom.

On Jan 31, out of the blue, I get a call from the MG dealer that they would be getting a silver Excite and if I'd be interested to take.

I asked them to double check that it is indeed a Silver color this time.
I did the PDI, 2 days, before the delivery. Dealer did not push for insurance or accessories. I went with a few basic accessories suggested to me.

Barring the error the first time around, the conduct from the dealer and especially my SA has been professional.

On 15th, I took the delivery of the long awaited car. Really happy.
(Apparently, this is the first silver Excite model that got billed in South India.)

And my sincere thanks to the members here for all their advice and help.
I did not know much about cars and continue to learn so much from this forum.

2022 MG ZS EV Facelift Review-pxl_20230215_105623426.jpeg

2022 MG ZS EV Facelift Review-zsev.jpeg
vinvin is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 19th February 2023, 21:51   #587
BHPian

Sharing here the owner's manual of ZS EV, which is only available as a PDF in the infotainment system, for anyone interested.

Got this from the website:
https://s7ap1.scene7.com/is/content/...V_E-Manual.pdf
vinvin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th February 2023, 23:54   #588
BHPian

Finally drove the 2022 ZS EV on Samruddhi Highway. Started from Pune, joined the highway at Aurangabad towards Nagpur, approx 420 kms. The odo indicated average speed was 95 kmph (cruise control set at 100 kmph) and efficiency hovered around 6.0 to 6.5 km/kWh with AC switched on the entire time. Got a decent range of 300 kms. Charging is a hassle at the moment as you'd have to take detours atleast two times. I usually get a good range of above 350 kms when my average speed is around 55 kmph with AC switched on. Great infra, but the drive gets boring due to only straight road for hours!
shrey220 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2023, 13:15   #589
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinvin View Post
After a long wait of 8 months, I drove home our first car, this week. MG ZS Excite Aurora Silver.
Congratulations buddy. Wish you many miles of happy driving. I am sure the drives will make your such a long wait worth. Enjoy.
JitendraW is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th February 2023, 13:21   #590
BHPian

Did anybody here that bought their 2022 ZS EV last year after the extremely long wait, get their MG "Worth waiting for" goodies? Will be changing the car soon and still no sign of the mini fridge

Last edited by zandot : 20th February 2023 at 13:31.
Old 20th February 2023, 14:01   #591
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zandot View Post
Did anybody here that bought their 2022 ZS EV last year after the extremely long wait, get their MG "Worth waiting for" goodies? Will be changing the car soon and still no sign of the mini fridge
I got my "Worth waiting for" goodies in pretty decent time. If I remember right I got them within 4 weeks.
HappyRider is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2023, 15:07   #592
BHPian

Quote:
I did. I had opted for the portable vacuum cleaner, etc car was delivered in October and got the kit in December.
shrey220 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2023, 16:22   #593
BHPian

Quote:
Nope. Not yet. No information either when I checked with MG dealership.
rajeshrajan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2023, 19:50   #594
BHPian

Good to know it’s not just me! Been waiting since June so have sent them an email let’s see if it happens before the car goes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeshrajan View Post
Nope. Not yet. No information either when I checked with MG dealership.

Thanks guys! Will follow up with MG. Spoke to my old SA he said it’s down to MG and not them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrey220 View Post
I did. I had opted for the portable vacuum cleaner, etc car was delivered in October and got the kit in December.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
I got my "Worth waiting for" goodies in pretty decent time. If I remember right I got them within 4 weeks.

Last edited by zandot : 20th February 2023 at 19:52.
Old 20th February 2023, 19:59   #595
BHPian

Quote:
I waited for more than 8 months and then had to change the dealer and made a fresh booking at another dealer and got the car in under two weeks. I missed out on the goodies because it's a fresh booking. I wanted to call MG and ask but I think they won't oblige so I didn't try that. God Speed
DrZhivago is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2023, 14:29   #596
BHPian

What is the minimum tyre pressure at which ZS EV throws abnormal tyre pressure warning?
Old 24th February 2023, 11:40   #597
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
What is the minimum tyre pressure at which ZS EV throws abnormal tyre pressure warning?
I think its 34 or 32 psi
Old 26th February 2023, 19:12   #598
BHPian

Although not a direct comparison but was contemplating between Hyryder Hybrid vs ZS EV to replace my 27k driven, Oct 2020 bought IMT Sonet.

The primary reason was to get a car that’s relatively cheaper to run, with 200-250kms/week usage (return to office) and occasional <300kms highway drives. I felt Hyryder and ZS EV (with less than a month to go for claiming 80EEB) would be best to consider.

Hyryder never felt like I was sitting/driving in a 24.5 OTR car and the grunt of 3 cylinder engine especially at high speeds was weird.

Booked ZS EV today - MG Gachibowli Hyderabad have a few in stock, so scheduled a PDI tomorrow for the Exclusive Aurora Silver - Dark Grey interior. Thank you everyone here for BRILLIANT insights you all played a major role for me to take a call Dealer was totally okay with me getting insurance outside and I’m considering Acko!

As of now, not planning to install the 7.2kw charger but will be getting a 15Amp socket. There are chargers in our office basement and close to 10 fast chargers (if I really need to) within 5-7kms of my house.

Will keep you all posted, and watch out for upcoming silly questions/doubts
vinitadikonda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2023, 20:05   #599
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinitadikonda View Post
Although not a direct comparison but was contemplating between Hyryder Hybrid vs ZS EV to replace my 27k driven, Oct 2020 bought IMT Sonet.

The primary reason was to get a car that’s relatively cheaper to run, with 200-250kms/week usage (return to office) and occasional <300kms highway drives. I felt Hyryder and ZS EV (with less than a month to go for claiming 80EEB) would be best to consider.

Hyryder never felt like I was sitting/driving in a 24.5 OTR car and the grunt of 3 cylinder engine especially at high speeds was weird.

Booked ZS EV today - MG Gachibowli Hyderabad have a few in stock, so scheduled a PDI tomorrow for the Exclusive Aurora Silver - Dark Grey interior. Thank you everyone here for BRILLIANT insights you all played a major role for me to take a call Dealer was totally okay with me getting insurance outside and I’m considering Acko!

As of now, not planning to install the 7.2kw charger but will be getting a 15Amp socket. There are chargers in our office basement and close to 10 fast chargers (if I really need to) within 5-7kms of my house.

Congratulations and wishing you many happy miles with smiles
Old 27th February 2023, 09:09   #600
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinitadikonda View Post

Congratulations!!

I also bought my ZS EV from MG Gachibowli in last August. Please let me know if you need any help or suggestions

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks