Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th June 2021, 21:50   #241
Senior - BHPian

Re: Computer monitor recommendations?

Looking for a 21" ~ 24" monitor with HDMI, DP/USB-C connectivity with a budget of around 18K. Looking at this model - Lenovo Q24h-10. Any feedback? Any other recommendations in this range and do not want to go beyond 24" or less than 21".
Old 24th June 2021, 22:04   #242
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kozhissery View Post
90% of my work will excel/word and application development (software developer).
The max that I'm ready to spend is 30K.
What would the best option?
This one is 37K but a great option. I have been using it since last year.
https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B07...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Old 25th June 2021, 08:13   #243
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdivy View Post
Looking for a 21" ~ 24" monitor with HDMI, DP/USB-C connectivity with a budget of around 18K. Looking at this model - Lenovo Q24h-10. Any feedback? Any other recommendations in this range and do not want to go beyond 24" or less than 21".
The 27" monitor (Q27h-10) was great in all aspects except for audio which was low but manageable. See my previous post (Computer monitor recommendations?) on that. The 24" monitor (Q24h-10) should be no different, if size is the only difference.
UPS_Guru is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2021, 10:10   #244
BHPian

Quote:
Looking for a 21" ~ 24" monitor with HDMI, DP/USB-C connectivity with a budget of around 18K.
You may want to check this out....https://www.amazon.in/dp/B0793KVRH4/...06A3P1PGG2EY2E

LG 29 inch Ultrawide Full HD IPS Gaming, Multitasking Monitor with 1ms Response Rate, 75Hz Refresh Rate - USB C, Display Port, HDMI.

You can get this in 15K and that's real VFM IMO.

Cheers
ToThePoint is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2021, 16:32   #245
BHPian

Quote:
Looking for a 21" ~ 24" monitor with HDMI, DP/USB-C connectivity with a budget of around 18K.
What purpose are you going to use the monitor for - Games, Office Work, Casual Browsing etc.? That should help anyone to provide you with suggestions.

The mentioned Lenovo model is good for day to day computing. If you are OK to stretch a bit check the BenQ PD2500Q model. True all rounder in my opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToThePoint View Post
Too wide a monitor to be placed on a standard computer table.
livelyyoungman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2021, 23:21   #246
BHPian

Re: The Desktop Computer & Configuration Thread

Gentleman, as work from home has become the new normal, I've been working on company laptop (HP Probook 13 inch) since January. I work mostly in intellij IDE, using dark theme on it As screen size is small, I'm keeping font size large.
This is straining my eyes a lot so I am thinking if I should get a monitor . What screen size and resolution, refresh rate and the panel make is preferred for coding ? Any suggestions are welcome.
PS looking at budget friendly monitors only (below 12k)
Old 22nd July 2021, 08:24   #247
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akshay6988 View Post
Gentleman, as work from home has become the new normal, I've been working on company laptop (HP Probook 13 inch) since January. I work mostly in intellij IDE, using dark theme on it As screen size is small, I'm keeping font size large.
This is straining my eyes a lot so I am thinking if I should get a monitor . What screen size and resolution, refresh rate and the panel make is preferred for coding ? Any suggestions are welcome.

I was in the market for a decent and value for money upgrade to my nearly 6 year old 19" Dell monitor & the 14" laptop screen.

My use case is similar to yours i.e. mainly for work - coding + some other office work, etc.

I got this Samsung 24 inch IPS 75 Hz - LS24R356FHWXXL just over a month back and have been using it as my main monitor since then (i.e. over 8 hours of usage on weekdays).

This monitor is available for about 13K on Amazon right now. I got a pretty good deal - Rs. 8,549 (including a 10% discount for the no-cost EMI using HDFC debit card).

If the monitor isn't needed urgently, I'll suggest wait and check the prices on Amazon/Flipkart, etc regularly. I ordered the monitor when the price suddenly dropped from about 10,500 to 9500.

Coming from a 19" monitor (and the laptop's 14" screen) this monitor seems like the perfect size to me. Even after a month of usage, 24" still seems fairly big to me.

Although I'm not too much into gaming now (for a lack of time, not a lack of interest ) I did play Rainbow 6 on it once at full 1080p. Looked great to me.

I also purchased Amazon's dual monitor stand. The older 19" switches between portrait & landscape orientation depending on what type of work I'm doing.

Here's a quick pic of the setup:
Computer monitor recommendations?-20210722_074218.jpg

Hope this helps.

Cheers!
JoeTheWanderer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th August 2021, 22:08   #248

I was gonna try to DM you for this, but for some odd reason there seems no way to do so.

@d3mon - Can you please share/ connect me with this/ these dealer (s)?

Have quite similar needs & had a brief quick questions as well. Please let me know how to connect with you as cant DM and dont see it make sense to disturb everyone here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by d3mon View Post
Called up a local Acer dealer and got it for 35k.
[/url]
Quote:
I got this purely for work. VNC / Coding / Office / Browsing etc. There are better options for gaming. I'm running this at 100% scaling at a distance of about one arm length.

Yes, splitting the desktop is really useful - I can split into 3 really tall windows side by side and not have to scroll or switch windows at all.

Check out Windows Powertoys which allows you to split up your desktop into any configuration you like (3x1 / 4x1 / 2x2 etc) and snap to those boundaries. Alternatively you could use sizer, which allows you to do the same thing and even assign shortcuts to snap the windows to those predefined positions. Armed with a macro enabled keyboard, this setup is a bliss - one key and you can move the window exactly where you want it to be without fumbling around with a mouse or Win+arrow shortcuts.
Old 10th August 2021, 22:51   #249
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by crashnburn_in View Post
I was gonna try to DM you for this, but for some odd reason there seems no way to do so.

@d3mon - Can you please share/ connect me with this/ these dealer (s)?

Have quite similar needs & had a brief quick questions as well. Please let me know how to connect with you as cant DM and dont see it make sense to disturb everyone here.
I can't DM you as you are a new member. The dealer was an Acer store in Bangalore - you can try 080-41556165 / 7022567509 if you want. They had to ship it from Acer stockyard in Chennai - so I think any local Acer Mumbai dealer should be able to source it for you as well. You can post any other questions here and I will try to help.
d3mon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th August 2021, 00:21   #250

Quote:
I can't DM you as you are a new member. The dealer was an Acer store in Bangalore - you can try 080-41556165 / 7022567509 if you want. They had to ship it from Acer stockyard in Chennai - so I think any local Acer Mumbai dealer should be able to source it for you as well. You can post any other questions here and I will try to help.
Thanks. I think I never POSTED but been member since more than a decade, just mostly reading hence the limiting comms.

I am wondering after how many posts/ comments the system unlocks my ability to message you
Old 11th August 2021, 12:37   #251
BHPian

Quote:
I was in the similar boat as you and as such bought the Samsung Monitor last year. This is a 27inch monitor and I specifically went for the27 inch size because the advantage I have in this size is that I can split the screen and still do not face any challenges in terms of reading. So do keep the split screen option when buying a monitor.

There is some screen bleeding when the display is black but it does not bother me as when the display is sharing some picture I do not feel it.

Bought it last year and extremely happy with the purchase. It costed me around 12.5 K

https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B01...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Last edited by sunbaj : 11th August 2021 at 12:41.
sunbaj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th August 2021, 18:55   #252
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
For this price range I would recommend the Benq EW 2480 Monitor which comes with an 8-bit panel. Check my detailed review on this post here > (Computer monitor recommendations?). I have been using since last July and happy with the buy for office work.

Last edited by vsrivatsa : 15th August 2021 at 18:58.
vsrivatsa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2021, 12:22   #253
Team-BHP Support

What will be recommendations for a Monitor and wireless KeyBoard for this setup

Device - ThinkPad Laptop - HDMI// C output

Side Table- Monitor Arm mounted, size not particularly important, 4K preferred.

Do we have any wireless monitors too? Idea is to have minimum wiring.
Attached Thumbnails
Computer monitor recommendations?-11.jpg  

Last edited by Turbanator : 25th August 2021 at 12:37.
Old 25th August 2021, 12:49   #254
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
What will be recommendations for a Monitor and wireless KeyBoard for this setup

Device - ThinkPad Laptop - HDMI// C output

Side Table- Monitor Arm mounted, size not particularly important, 4K preferred.

Do we have any wireless monitors too? Idea is to have minimum wiring.
Only buy monitors with USB-C input so you can have a single cable to the screen which will charge your laptop. You can connect all accessories and usb to the monitor directly.

Any of these should do the trick - https://www.dell.com/en-in/work/shop...ts=40645,40603

I have personally used the 40/32/27. 40 Had bad viewing angles and used to be a load on my monitor arm. Great for youtube videos. 27 I found was a tad too small for me. 32 feels right. I also love the ultrawide monitors from LG but I think your usage does not need it (want 2 windows open together always)

Last edited by quickdraw : 25th August 2021 at 12:51.
quickdraw is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2021, 12:55   #255
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickdraw View Post
Only buy monitors with USB-C input..

27 I found was a tad too small for me. 32 feels right. I also love the ultrawide monitors from LG but I think your usage does not need it
Thanks, Yes C will make sense.

I should have mentioned about usage, it's mostly replying to E-mails and excel sheets. 27 inch should be more than enough.

Last edited by Turbanator : 25th August 2021 at 13:02.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks