Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th August 2021, 21:33   #256
Senior - BHPian

Re: Computer monitor recommendations?

Folks,

Need advise. I moved to a 27 inch QHD Monitor (will post more on that later) but currently need help with my Mouse. With the higher resolution, I am finding the mouse movements kind of odd.

Especially if I am using the "Snipping Tool" in Windows to cut a specific section of the screen or something. The mouse just seems to struggle. Is there some Mouse Settings to be changed/calibrated due to the larger monitor and resolution?

For reference I am using the Logitech MX Anywhere Mouse 2.
Old 26th August 2021, 11:13   #257
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
Folks,

Need advise. I moved to a 27 inch QHD Monitor (will post more on that later) but currently need help with my Mouse. With the higher resolution, I am finding the mouse movements kind of odd.

Especially if I am using the "Snipping Tool" in Windows to cut a specific section of the screen or something. The mouse just seems to struggle. Is there some Mouse Settings to be changed/calibrated due to the larger monitor and resolution?

For reference I am using the Logitech MX Anywhere Mouse 2.
Normally there is window where you can adjust all the mouse settings
. Mouse pointer shape and size.
. Tracking speed.
. Tracking trails - useful when you have a large and/or multi screen setup and the mouse pointer is lost in the clutter.

In Windows 7 :
. Right click on blank screen portion
. Personalize
. Change mouse pointers
. Various options come up
  1. - Buttons
  2. - Pointers
  3. - Pointer options
  4. - Wheel
  5. - Hardware

I just cannot recollect it, but there is also an option some where to accelerate (live up the response) of the mouse pointer.

Last edited by Aroy : 26th August 2021 at 11:14.
Aroy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2021, 13:00   #258
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aroy View Post
Normally there is window where you can adjust all the mouse settings
. Mouse pointer shape and size.
. Tracking speed.
. Tracking trails - useful when you have a large and/or multi screen setup and the mouse pointer is lost in the clutter.
Thanks tried all settings and it did not help - looks like the Mouse gave up. Have ordered a new one.
Old 30th August 2021, 19:13   #259

@vsrivatsa, i had a similar issue with my MX Anywhere2 mouse & my dual 24 inch monitor setup and it was because of the monitor's refresh rate and not because of the mouse. So all i did was to increase the monitor's refresh rate to 60hz and the problem disappeared for me.
StrangerK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2021, 21:15   #260
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks tried all settings and it did not help - looks like the Mouse gave up. Have ordered a new one.
You need to increase the mouse DPI. The mouse vendor application will usually do this. What model mouse it is?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToThePoint View Post
You may want to check this out....https://www.amazon.in/dp/B0793KVRH4/...06A3P1PGG2EY2E

LG 29 inch Ultrawide Full HD IPS Gaming, Multitasking Monitor with 1ms Response Rate, 75Hz Refresh Rate - USB C, Display Port, HDMI.

You can get this in 15K and that's real VFM IMO.

Cheers
I already have this. Have been using it since 2018 .
Quote:
Originally Posted by livelyyoungman View Post
What purpose are you going to use the monitor for - Games, Office Work, Casual Browsing etc.? That should help anyone to provide you with suggestions.

The mentioned Lenovo model is good for day to day computing. If you are OK to stretch a bit check the BenQ PD2500Q model. True all rounder in my opinion.
The 2nd monitor was for a different table and ultrawide was too big and I needed a USB-C monitor. I ended up buying Lenovo Q24h-10 for 17K. Surprisingly it is out of sale in Indian markets now.

Last edited by msdivy : 30th August 2021 at 21:19.
Old 7th September 2021, 21:14   #261
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdivy View Post
You need to increase the mouse DPI. The mouse vendor application will usually do this. What model mouse it is?
Its the Logitech MX Anywhere Mouse 2 which has the issues. I got a new mouse - Logitech M590 and using it happily but will check again if anything can be done on the MX Anywhere which is now sitting idle.

The new Mouse worked seamlessly Out Of The Box without having to do any settings. Also, I borrowed my son's mouse and that also worked seamlessly without having to do any configuration - so I assumed the MX anywhere had gone bad.
vsrivatsa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2021, 13:27   #262
Senior - BHPian

I purchased the Benq EX 2780Q during the Amazon Prime Day Sale this year and have been extremely happy with it. Upgrade from the Benq EW 2480 fells good.

Last year, I had held off from buying a 1440P Monitor as my Primary Laptop did not support a 2K Output. Sometime in April this year I moved to the HP Elitebook 845 G7. With this change, and the continued WFH, decided to take the plunge and move to a 27 inch QHD Monitor.

Coming from the Benq, I was very happy with the earlier Monitor (EW 2480) as well and hence stuck to the same Brand. Overall the USB Type C Support means the clutter is greatly reduced. The Monitor also comes with a Remote as a bonus - which makes using the Monitor for Entertainment a breeze. Got it for ₹27540/- after all kinds of discounts during the Prime Day sale.

The day I unboxed the Monitor I was a bit surprised and intimidated by the size at 27 inches - but after just 2 days, the size felt normal and the 24 inch looked way tiny

Pros:
  • Excellent for Office Work, Content and Entertainment
  • Remote and an additional Volume Knob make the Monitor Super Intuitive to use.
  • Sound based on 2.1 with an embedded Sub Woofer inside the Monitor is amazing.

Cons:
  • The Monitor is slightly an older model now and HDMI 2.0 seems dated. HDMI 2.1 is the norm nowadays.
  • USB Type C does not support Charging/Power so that's a negative as well.
  • No Height Adjustment

Here is my video review of the Monitor:
vsrivatsa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2021, 13:15   #263
BHPian

Guys - Any experience with the Samsung QHD/UHD HDR-10 monitors? Looks like a new launch..:
https://www.samsung.com/in/monitors/...s27a600uuwxxl/
Old 15th October 2021, 18:14   #264
BHPian

if anyone need LG 27GL850 is available at very good price today on amazon

https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B07...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
JustStarted is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2021, 02:06   #265
BHPian

Quote:
The Monitor is slightly an older model now and HDMI 2.0 seems dated. HDMI 2.1 is the norm nowadays.
Congratulations on the purchase of your new monitor!

However, this con you listed makes no sense to me. HDMI 2.0 is just fine for 1440p (2560 × 1440) at 144Hz. The monitor would only need HDMI 2.1 if going above that refresh rate or resolution size, which it's not capable of anyway, so there is no good reason for BenQ to put it in this monitor as it'll cost them more for no benefit to the consumer. I'm calling this out so people don't start rejecting monitors for that reason alone when it makes no difference.

Computer monitor recommendations?-hdmi-bandwidth.jpg

Source

Cheers
Joxster is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th October 2021, 13:20   #266
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joxster View Post
I'm calling this out so people don't start rejecting monitors for that reason alone when it makes no difference.
Thanks for sharing - useful info indeed.

Also wanted to call out that Benq has released their new series this festive season. The sticker price for sure would be higher. But here are the details for people interested: Link
Old 23rd October 2021, 23:47   #267
RJK
Senior - BHPian

Guys

Need recommendation for additional monitor, already have a Benq GW2480T which I really like. The purpose of 2nd monitor would be to have a Stock chart running on the side while I look at the options on the primary monitor. Not looking to spend a great deal as it’ll be for only displaying chart. Prefer something in the range of 22 at the most and under 10k, lower the better. What could my options be? Attaching a photo of the existing monitor

Cheers
Attached Thumbnails
Computer monitor recommendations?-92a8792531734e4aad2275c7a344d223.jpeg  

RJK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th October 2021, 10:48   #268
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJK View Post
Guys

Need recommendation for additional monitor, already have a Benq GW2480T which I really like. The purpose of 2nd monitor would be to have a Stock chart running on the side while I look at the options on the primary monitor. Not looking to spend a great deal as it’ll be for only displaying chart. Prefer something in the range of 22 at the most and under 10k, lower the better. What could my options be? Attaching a photo of the existing monitor

Cheers
https://www.amazon.in/LG-24-inch-Mon...s%2C328&sr=8-3

seems to be a decent monitor.

By the way I have a 3 monitor setup and will be upgrading the graphics card to take 4 monitors (once the prices cool down). So you can add more monitors as long as the card supports them It is a great productivity tool to have a number of monitors, each dedicated to its own task.

Computer monitor recommendations?-capturenxd5.jpg
Aroy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2021, 12:18   #269
BHPian

Team, I looking to buy a 32"/34” monitor for home office. Presently plan only for work and since I have a plan for a gaming PC in future, use it for that purpose. But the primary requirement is for work.
I have looked a LG 32" which is 16:9 aspect and another one 34" with 21:9 ratio.
My present monitor is a Dell 24" primary along with the 14" laptop screen as secondary. I want to use only one monitor.
I am not in IT field and mainly use Outlook, Excel, AutoCAD, and 3D softwares like PDMS and E3D.
Will the 34" size be better for screen split in three applications?
Below is the model I am looking at.

LG UltraWide cm 86.36 cm (34 Inch) WFHD (2560 x 1080) IPS Display - HDR 10, AMD Free sync, sRGB 99%, Multitasking and Gaming Monitor - 34WL500 https://www.amazon.in/dp/B08CF4LZT1/...0MCDN1EEYSSTWY
Old 30th November 2021, 19:21   #270
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivr1612 View Post
I am not in IT field and mainly use Outlook, Excel, AutoCAD, and 3D softwares like PDMS and E3D.
I'd suggest once the size is >= 27", try to go for 1440p. The pixel density would be much better and fonts would look sharper. Also, ultrawide monitors do not always have support in most old games (and some new), something to keep in mind as you are thinking of the same.

This one is good, if you are into CAD and occasional gaming:
Acer EB321HQU 31.5 inch (80.01 cm) 2560 x 1440 WQHD IPS

If you are into gaming but not e-sports, then 60Hz displays would be enough. Else, also for future proofing, you can go for 120Hz.

LG Ultragear 81.28 cm (32-inch) QHD (2K) Gaming Monitor with 144Hz

At 1.5-2ft away from screen, 32" 1440p is the perfect pixel pitch IMO.

However, the prices seem to be high at the moment. They often go for sale at around 18k (first one) and 22k (second one).
mayukh42 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks